Syn's Emperors Children

SystemSyn

I’ve been out of the game far too long. The Spawn looks great but I expected nothing less! The Decimator as well looks brilliant next to its brother. I love the creepy spindly look you have with the Daemon engines. I’ve been hatching some plans for the new spider engine that’s coming with the Shadowspear box and I’m sure you’ll have some ideas as well. :tu:

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve been out of the game far too long. The Spawn looks great but I expected nothing less! The Decimator as well looks brilliant next to its brother. I love the creepy spindly look you have with the Daemon engines. I’ve been hatching some plans for the new spider engine that’s coming with the Shadowspear box and I’m sure you’ll have some ideas as well. :thumbsup:

Thanks very much! I do indeed have some ideas for the Venomcrawler. Although, after seeing the new Slaanesh Daemons preview I'm tempted to hold off converting it until some of those kits come out.

Excellent work on the Decimators. In-game, will they count as Armiger Warglaives, Chaos Dreadnoughts/Helbrutes, Daemon Princes, Maulerfiends, or...?

Thanks very much Bjorn Firewalker! I'll just be using them as Decimators in games. They're a lot more slender than the official models, but they're about the same height.

That spawn is the right kind of creepy and your war machines have an element of that with their unnatural, almost ungainly-looking slenderness and long limbs.

Thanks sockwithaticket! That's exactly what I'm going for, so it's great to hear that it’s working.

The spawn is looking even creepier with the pale skin, a really impressive piece, very fitting to the disturbing yet alluring nature of the Dark Prince.

Thanks very much!

Just caught up on all your most recent stuff, That DP is just an absolute monster!!! amazing work!

Also that champion, spawn and decimator's are something Fulgrim himself would be proud of!!!

Thanks very much for the kind words!

When I was at Warhammer World last year I picked up a Deredeo Dreadnought, so I figure it's about time to get it painted up. Of course, I spent some time converting it to fit with the rest of my Emperors Children. Here's how it looks pre-paint.

at0x4gM.jpg

rE0a4zG.jpg

OXmc8rP.jpg

FtCQVar.jpg

SpqVLGR.jpg

SrW60WK.jpg

Pt17VkS.jpg

dgzwYcN.jpg

I really need to learn how to do such clean greenstuff trims myself. That Deredeo looks sweet and I can't wait to see it painted!

Practice makes perfect as they say. But but if you are wanting to get a nice smooth surface when using putty, I recommend using colour shapers. Rubber headed tools are much better at getting a smooth finish than metal tools.

Lovely Deredeo!

Thanks very much!

Deredeo is superb! Love the extra work you’ve put into it to get that Slaaneshi feel.

Kind of wished you turned the missile launcher into subwoofers. ;)

It's weird, but I had never even considered converting the missile launcher, but it is such a great idea! Luckily, it's not actually glued in place, so I might buy a second one at some point to do exactly that.

I think it would be sweet! Definitely would love to see what you would come up with for that weapon system.

Now that I've had a think about it, I've got a few ideas for converting the missile launchers into a huge Doom Siren style weapon. I'm going to keep this one as-is, but I'll probably get a second one at some point to try that out.

Fantastic! All the detail you've put into the Deredeo really sell the twisted feel. Had a gander on the previous page and that Spawn is also nasty!

Thanks very much Markus_!

• 2 weeks later...

I've finished converting my first Shadowspear model to fit with my usual Emperor's Children asthetic. I decided to start with the awesome new Chaos Sorcerer model!

I noticed while looking through the mini-codex that this guy is listed as part of the Primaris force. I figure that must just be a typo though, he's so clearly a chaos model!

EUQHRFu.jpg

35YTepC.jpg

VGQbuuO.jpg

auuP4t1.jpg

Cracking work repurposing the Librarian, the greenstuff details are, as ever, very neat and the brass etch is also a nice addition to the cloak and will look good with your starkly contrasting black and pink. I'm a big fan of the blade as well, has a hint of both Slaanesh and Eldar about it.

Looks like you fixed GW's model issues with that guy. The sorcerer looks proper now.

Is that the ol' WHFB Slaanesh Champion spear? That weapon looks spot on.

Thanks very much! Yup, the spear is from the AoS Slaanesh Champion on Steed model. Thankfully it's still a metal model, so using the spear was pretty easy compared to resin.

Cracking work repurposing the Librarian, the greenstuff details are, as ever, very neat and the brass etch is also a nice addition to the cloak and will look good with your starkly contrasting black and pink. I'm a big fan of the blade as well, has a hint of both Slaanesh and Eldar about it.

Thanks very much Pearson73. I love the old Etched Brass stuff. It's really easy to shape around any surface, so it adds great details to cloth and armour. I was a little gutted when Forgeworld stopped making it.

Brilliant looking Deredeo :tu: the detail is just about right on him and really well done (and clean!). I love the knee joints too btw

Sorcerer has a great pose, again really clean GS work B)

Thanks! I'll be honest, I totally stole the idea of using Sentinel legs on the Deredeo from Biohazard!

• 1 month later...

It looks great in his/its/their hands. Are you using it as a regular sorcerer or a master of possession (Forgive me on this but I've been well out of the loop of our new goodies).

Honestly I hadn't really thought about it. He was just a really cool model that I had to convert in some way! I'll probably use him as a Sorcerer, but I do want to try and convert a Master of Possessions, I'm just not a fan of the official model.

It's been a while since I last posted up any progress. I've been moving house, so all my hobby stuff was boxed up a while ago, and most of it still is. But here's what I've done with the new Greater Possessed models.

Ofk7rFb.jpg

YV3bbPB.jpg

zmjKifz.jpg

qY0qT0M.jpg

s81vff7.jpg

mIPWAxI.jpg

RJOWrKA.jpg

I hope you like them!

Really amazing Deredeo I have to say! Also like your greater possessed I had a similar idea with switching the breastplates on them, and as allways your greenstuff/sculpting work is quite awesome!