Fortifications in Heresy

Plaguecaster

3/6 comes from the fact that you can get positive result three times for 4+ and then you add up (thus the +) the probability for rolling one which is 1/6 and then multiply it by the 3/6 positive results for the reroll.

Edit: same as when calculating probability for rerolling BS4 twin linked which is 4/6+2/6*4/6

In this case 4/6 comes from having four positive results and 2/6 from having two negative results.

• 2 weeks later...

My bunker is running about 140 points for AV15, a void shield, coms relay, and walls that make it immune to vehicles and give it a 4+ cover.

My IF one for my lascannon HSS is 155; bunker, quad gun, ammo dump, 3 x barricades.

Didn't think to use the barricades to provide 4+ cover to the bunker!

IMO single void shields are not worth it - there are too many weapons that will strip it off. A better tactic is to make sure there other threats on the board to take the attention away from your HSS

• 2 months later...

I use a bunker with Ammo dump, void shield with 8 IF HB hss, with a void generator with 3 shields, ammo dump and lascan squad positioned behind can make an awesome fort especially if the bunker then has barricades. gives great anti infantry/transport killers with an awesome anti tank tower. I've found a lot of players fixate on busting the bunker rather than dealing with the real threats.

Ran the bunker in two games and a buddy did the same. I ran it with a dump, void shield, comms, and some some walls with lascannon havocs inside. It's a good little battle bunker if you can fit it into your list, especially if you have reserves. It crumples after a turn or two in melee, but by then it does it's job. I find that my opponents largely ignored it. The building damage table is pretty brutal though. I might try an escape hatch sometime in the future.

Let's not forget Solar Auxilia. It's possible to take an Aegis Defense Line with each troops choice if you want. The 4+ cover is so helpful to your less tough infantry and also helps protect all your tanks, on top of them already being pretty tough. Combine that with a Lord Marshal that chose the Blind Barrage warlord trait and anything behind your defense line has a 2+ cover on turn 1.

Archived