8th Edition: Zeal Rising

d3m01iti0n

ummm... Stormravens...

24 Bolters, 2 Multimeltas, 8 Assault Cannons and 2 Missiles... a turn... or if you want full Shooty... 24 Bolters, 6 Heavy Bolters, 8 Assault Cannons, and 2 Missiles...

12 Carry Capacity + 1 Dreadnought...

less capacity than the LRC by 2, but by level of sheer brutality and added capacity to bring a Dreadnought, I hope it gets a point increase, because otherwise it's going to be a staple in ANY game...

Forgot to mention: they said vehicles can split fire all their guns on Facebook.

Nice, makes you wonder what they will do with potms? Maybe some kind of damage mitigation?

ummm... Stormravens...

24 Bolters, 2 Multimeltas, 8 Assault Cannons and 2 Missiles... a turn... or if you want full Shooty... 24 Bolters, 6 Heavy Bolters, 8 Assault Cannons, and 2 Missiles...

12 Carry Capacity + 1 Dreadnought...

less capacity than the LRC by 2, but by level of sheer brutality and added capacity to bring a Dreadnought, I hope it gets a point increase, because otherwise it's going to be a staple in ANY game...

This makes me reconsider magnetising the Hurricanes. But nah, they don't work on the model biggrin.png

Regarding Land Raiders, disregarding our faction-attraction (LRC), what would you objectively say is the better equipped tank, a Phobos (more brutal punch) or Cusader (with a hail of bullets)? BTW: I sincerely hope that they'll fix the Flamestorms somehow, though, admittedly split fire is already a huge help.

Also, all these news seem good for us. But any ideas how they affect other factions, especially the strong xeno races, like Tau and Eldar? Because, you know, our Hurricane Bolters may turn out to look dim when compared to I-don't-really-know-what.

I wonder how our chapter tactics will change.

Since we now lose models with failed morale, losing models to activate our CT may not be feasible any longer.

Also, unless we get new plastic shinies I ain't building anything!

Potms could negate the negative to BS when moving?

That's quite likely - they mentioned the existence of individual rules which could change the modifier for a moving/shooting vehicle, so POTMS is a strong contender for that.

www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/333563-8ed-datasheets-leaked/

kSons have the -1 for Heavy moving taken off, so it's likely this will happen for other models.

Perhaps, but it strikes me that may just be a fluff-rule change since those heretics don't even have bodies; and their 'armour' is nothing but witchery... to be DESTROYED!

www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/333563-8ed-datasheets-leaked/

kSons have the -1 for Heavy moving taken off, so it's likely this will happen for other models.

Perhaps, but it strikes me that may just be a fluff-rule change since those heretics don't even have bodies; and their 'armour' is nothing but witchery... to be DESTROYED!

They have blended all the version of TS an brought them into the modern game.  This does give me hope for the rest of the game. 

Agreed with Kastor that most model that had slow but purposeful will likely have this in 8th.  

I wonder how our chapter tactics will change.

Since we now lose models with failed morale, losing models to activate our CT may not be feasible any longer.

Also, unless we get new plastic shinies I ain't building anything!

I suspect that our Chapter Tactics will be getting an update. Since GW has changed them every time they do a new codex, they clearly haven't quite got it where they want it. The new edition will invalidate quite a few army specific rules, and as they have claimed to be interested in fluffier rules, so expect something a bit more competitive and very fluffy.

Well based on the force weapons I think we can expect that power weapons will look the same only with damage 1 instead of D3.

I think they are really well balanced and there a isn't a "best" option. Axes get a nice buff of not having to swing last at the expense of AP and swords get a pretty big buff to AP -3. Which makes me really happy as I've always love using swords for Templars, it's just very befitting for knights

Well based on the force weapons I think we can expect that power weapons will look the same only with damage 1 instead of D3.

I think they are really well balanced and there a isn't a "best" option. Axes get a nice buff of not having to swing last at the expense of AP and swords get a pretty big buff to AP -3. Which makes me really happy as I've always love using swords for Templars, it's just very befitting for knights

How did Mauls make out? Painting those was such a pain ermm.gif

Telling yall. Redeemer will be good because all weapons fire even at max move. Ignore minus to bs because flamers hit automatically. And we don't know it's range yet either.

If we assume same range as the flamers we know... 8"

And the land raider will still move 12"...

That's a 20" threat range to douse an enemy in 2d6 S6 AP -2 hot sticky napalm death.

Telling yall. Redeemer will be good because all weapons fire even at max move. Ignore minus to bs because flamers hit automatically. And we don't know it's range yet either.

If we assume same range as the flamers we know... 8"

And the land raider will still move 12"...

That's a 20" threat range to douse an enemy in 2d6 S6 AP -2 hot sticky napalm death.

Assuming that they are just updating previous Profiles into 8th ed. "Balanced" System, we would be safe to assume that LRR Flamers would be:

D6 Assault 8" S6 AP-3 D-1

and either D-2 or 2D6 Assault for Salamanders...

Twin-Linked High Rate of Fire will be the ones to worry about this edition... either Tau or Orks (if the Ork dice is feeling shooty :p)

I'd like to see Melee weapons though... I mean, I hope Powerfists and Thunder Hammers do more than just 1 Damage per Attack... those are pretty much close ranged Lascannons...

I may be being a little daft here but, did anyone see any points costs on the Rubric Marine Squad Datacard? There were "Power Cost" for the different number of Marines but no points cost for upgrades.

Are upgrades free now?

There is a more detailed cost system to matched play which features points for units and wargear.

Archived