8th Edition: Zeal Rising

d3m01iti0n

From Facebook's Strategems comments:

Q: Are we going to see a faction focus Black Templars?

A: There will most certainly be a Space Marines Faction Focus.

So basically...no.

So basically we don't know yet. Until the actual books / PDFs are released or they do an article about Black Templars, or something verifiable leaks, we... don't... know... All the communication on FB is half-speak and ambiguity unless they're citing rules from 7th. 

I'm pretty sure "you're not getting your own Faction Focus article and have to share" isn't that ambiguous when they're pretty open on answering if an article will be coming or not.

From the Primaris FAQ comments:

Q: Black Templars took a huge hit in gathering Storm. Seems like they might enjoy having them around. So they get a company of them?

A1: Just one company? What about a whole crusade?

A2: This just in!

Warhammer TV's Duncan is currently painting some up in Black Templars colours for his personal army. We'll see if we can get you some photos. As you'd expect, they look amazing.

Posted · Hidden by Acebaur, May 15, 2017 - Trolling
Hidden by Acebaur, May 15, 2017 - Trolling

A whole new crusade! With a whole new librarium

And no crusader squads!

Also they are blue now!

Im out. I aint spending a dime on this.

Unless we have a specific kit im taking a hobby break

According to what I've read there are ones who have Dorn's Geneseed so should be at least Banana Yellow.

That said, perhaps some got the superior Dorn-seed that's full of ZEAL but who knows?

Why are we reading in to the fact there won't be a faction focus for us? What is that indicative of? Consider all the other factions they have to do: Orks, Grey Knights, Inquisition, Death Watch, Necrons, Tyranids, Tau, Dark Eldar, Eldar, etc. I wouldn't expect us to get a faction focus with all those in front of us.. As long as the Primarus marines don't make normal space marines redundant, it doesn't bother me. Though, I wonder if that was a play on words considering Guilliman's offensive is called the Indomitus Crusade. 

We're dealing with cheeky posts on Facebook and cobbled together leaks. I just don't get all the doom and gloom. 

I don't know where doom and gloom came from, I just was sharing that we're not getting a unique Faction Focus article from GW despite being the only chapter to fulfill the Emperor's vision.

Problem is that the old marines became redudant.

These ones are better.

An iphone 6 makes the previous versions redudant.

Yeah you can buy one they are cheaper and work but still outdated.

I've been rounding up the Q&As from Facebook over on Dakka and believe me, GW has been saying left and right that the new Marines are NOT to replace the current ones.

Plus it looks like they follow Horus Heresy unit building rules since we have a squad with only bolters. I assume the next squad will be an all special weapon squad but you can only run that one if you have another troop unit or something.

www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/primaris-space-marines-gaming-may15gw-homepage-post-4/

Primaris datasheet is up. They are thankfully underwhelming compared to normal marines. I don't to see them wholesale replacing the usefulness of crusader squads and other normal marines

www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/primaris-space-marines-gaming-may15gw-homepage-post-4/

Primaris datasheet is up. They are thankfully underwhelming compared to normal marines. I don't to see them wholesale replacing the usefulness of crusader squads and other normal marines

Me neither but I dont expect the current marine line to last ten more years, I would be more surprised if this new marines didnt replace old marines over an extended period of time the same way beakies were replaced with the current marines.

I do love the sculpt but I already have so many marines Im going to feel guilty buying even more! Now if GW gave us a new upgrade kit to make Sword Brethern with then Im going all in, until then Im just going to wait for new terminator sculpts.

Getting tabards for them would be nigh on impossible unless they release a bits kit or BT specific kit or you can do them yourself by GS or similiar... I just really really like how they look. Don't care about the fluff. I could argue they're all just mk4 marines in a scouring era force. All marines have always looked like this in my mind.

But I really need to see Duncans marines now D:

meh... Arms and Legs don't fit tabarded Marines... this might just be secluded to Ultra-Smurfs until further down the line...

Will not get it due to the simplest reasons that I can't equip a Chainsword and a Bolt Pistol...

What's the use of a Primariis Space Marine if he can't even use a Chainsword or equip a tabard... tell Guilliman I'm sending them back... I want my orders re-checked, Space Marines, Tabarded, Chainswords, Bolt Pistols, Bolters and an extra helping of Zeal...

Emperor-damned Mechanicus can't get my orders right... I order an Attack craft, they give me a flying shoe box... I order Warsuits they give me Telletubies... I order more Templars they give me Ultramarines... sigh...

meh... Arms and Legs don't fit tabarded Marines... this might just be secluded to Ultra-Smurfs until further down the line...

Will not get it due to the simplest reasons that I can't equip a Chainsword and a Bolt Pistol...

What's the use of a Primariis Space Marine if he can't even use a Chainsword or equip a tabard... tell Guilliman I'm sending them back... I want my orders re-checked, Space Marines, Tabarded, Chainswords, Bolt Pistols, Bolters and an extra helping of Zeal...

Emperor-damned Mechanicus can't get my orders right... I order an Attack craft, they give me a flying shoe box... I order Warsuits they give me Telletubies... I order more Templars they give me Ultramarines... sigh...

Not gonna lie: I lol'd.

We've managed to make the BT upgrade sprue tabards fit on terminators, so I'm not worried, someone will find a way to make them fit with those primaris marines. They might look a bit short, that's the only potential pitfall i foresee.

Sigismund the examplar did not need clone genes to hold the gates of Terra against a primarch.

Now Guilliman employs clones to defend the Imperium against a lesser chaos space marine warlord.

Clearly Sigismund was superior to Guilliman!

So, the "just apply 2 thin coats and there you have it, Eavy Metal worthy painting" Duncan is a Black Templar fan?

He has painted some new Primaris Marines for his personal collection!!! This man is a painting hero!!!

Why have we not recruited this man? Or have we?

Archived