Moritats

m0nolith

And he had nothing in his army to target your late arriving expensive 6 model unit ?

I find this hard to believe

Not to mention somewhat poor of an example of how "effective" or " useful" destroyers are when your highly overpriced unit and wet noodle HQ showed up late and acted like a double rad greade to allow an actual hammer unit to kill an enemy.

The terminators likely do that job themselves with an attached Forgelord with Red Grenades or something.

Your anecdotal experience of using a unit that is objectively bad does not erase the fact that they are clearly overpriced and highly ineffective

A moritat is a gimmick choice , its not a sound tactical decision.

Attaching him to destroyers who are also a bad choice doesnt make either unit any less bad.

Blood Angels can get away with their inferno pistol nonsense and two serpentas is cute , but its not a game changer , its not a good unit

The Plasma Nerf drove the Moritat into the ground , dont advise people to play bad things.

Lol ... Relax just a little bit. Your coming over as an all knowing :cuss

Math-hammer and what happens on the table top can quite often have completely different outcomes. Expect the unexpected to sometimes happen just like real life throwing unexpected curveballs at you.

So throwing one of those curveballs out to you. I understand your advice is to skip taking him. But if someone really wanted to take him for a fluff/plot perspective how would you arm him? ;)

snip

Lol ... Relax just a little bit. Your coming over as an all knowing censored.gif

Math-hammer and what happens on the table top can quite often have completely different outcomes. Expect the unexpected to sometimes happen just like real life throwing unexpected curveballs at you.

So throwing one of those curveballs out to you. I understand your advice is to skip taking him. But if someone really wanted to take him for a fluff/plot perspective how would you arm him? msn-wink.gif

If someone wants to take something sub par because they like it thats fine.

I keep having to say this though , Tactica threads are just that , a place where we discuss if units are good or effective.

The unit is not good , The unit is not effective

An anecdotal story about this one time a unit did a cool thing is not a representation of how it performs on the table top.

This is a hobby where people sink considerable amounts of money into tiny plastic soldiers spending money on stuff youll not use is not a great feeling especially after youve painted it up all nice.

There is no math hammer here either ( I am not good at math ) Simple threat assessment should have seen those models removed from the board in the game turn that they deep struck for the sheer value of getting your points back.

Again let me reiterate , if you want to take something that you think is cool even though its not the best but it tickles your fancy thats cool , I do not believe you should come into a tactics thread and tell people " yea but this happened one time so they must be fine" its unsound advice based on a freak occurrence that at the points value mentioned should not have happened.

Posted · Hidden by Olis, March 3, 2017 - No reason given
Hidden by Olis, March 3, 2017 - No reason given

Use scroll Gorgoff. :)

Ah, when your opponent doesn’t now how to play and/or you are lucky.

That's work for me and my Ogryn themed Imperialis Militia army all the time, too.

Brothers, if you are going to disagree, agree to disagree - or at least provide decent rebuttals. Do not post comments that will lead to an argument. 

Mine has artificer armor, jump pack, dual serpentia pistols, refractor field and melta bombs. He comes stock with rad grenades.

5 man Destroyers - jump packs

Sergeant: artificer armor, power fist, 2x phosphex bomb

Radphage missile launcher

Man it would had been beautiful if Moritat had the access to Archeotech pistols... Nuclear revolvers all the way

It's actually kind of a big miss they don't these days IMO... I guess giving literal Archeotech to the Suicidal Killers of the legion is probably a big no no, but they could be appropriately costed and aren't going to be the end of the world with the 12 hit cap.

Archived