Emperor's Spears covered by A D B

Kelborn

It's "Temporarily Out of Stock Online" in some/most countries. There are some countries, like Australia, where it is still available.

My guess is that GW/BL have apportioned a certain number to each country (by website). They'll adjust quantities based on sales - i.e., those countries that don't sell out will see some of their balance shifted over to countries that have sold out. We've seen this in the past with other items for which there was limited availability.

Well I caved and ordered. I had stopped buying the Limited editions a while ago as I did not feel there was enough value in them anymore for the crazy costs. Paying an extra 40.00 + for a fancy cover made no sense at all. I bought the LE of The Talon of Horus. When the LE Black Legion came out and it did not even include any internal art I thought that was pretty cheap on BL's part and passed. I still think 140.00 is still way to expensive. At least this edition comes with art prints (I am a sucker for cool space marine art), a separate back ground book, and a few other goodies makes it a little easier to swallow. I am kind of shocked that BL or GW, whoever is in charge pricing, has not figured that the demand for these LE have declined at the higher prices. Looking through the website at the other LE it seems they may be selling a little over half of the allotted copies. There is still 1000 copies of the LE Warmaster left. Correct me if I am wrong, but I recall Talon was 50.00 and I think sold out. Black Legion came out at 65.00 and there is still 500 copies available. Sorry for the rant. I am very excited to read this one.

On a side note ADB when will your Night Lords Trilogy be released in audio format.

Wonder if BL will do something similar leading up to the release as they did with Warmaster limited edition, Abnett read a part of the book. If memory serves me right they also had an unboxing.

Would be fun to see A D-B read aloud. Mostly to see if he can pull of the same air of coolness that Abnett have.

Wonder if BL will do something similar leading up to the release as they did with Warmaster limited edition, Abnett read a part of the book. If memory serves me right they also had an unboxing.

Would be fun to see A D-B read aloud. Mostly to see if he can pull of the same air of coolness that Abnett have.

Nope. I read out loud every night for the most obvious of reasons (I have two smaller versions of me in the house) and I have a weird thing where it makes me yawn a lot. 

I was so weirded out by it that I Googled it, and it's actually a thing. Who knew? I've yawned twice just typing this. That's how weird/bad it is.

Anyway, yawning isn't cool. So I'll leave it to Dan. 

Nope. I read out loud every night for the most obvious of reasons (I have two smaller versions of me in the house) and I have a weird thing where it makes me yawn a lot. 

I was so weirded out by it that I Googled it, and it's actually a thing. Who knew? I've yawned twice just typing this. That's how weird/bad it is.

Anyway, yawning isn't cool. So I'll leave it to Dan. 

Well, I guess Dan could read your book outloud.

Ran

I was referring to the Games Workshop website, not Black Library's website :lol:

ALSO:

It's "Temporarily Out of Stock Online" in some/most countries. There are some countries, like Australia, where it is still available.

My guess is that GW/BL have apportioned a certain number to each country (by website). They'll adjust quantities based on sales - i.e., those countries that don't sell out will see some of their balance shifted over to countries that have sold out. We've seen this in the past with other items for which there was limited availability.

Yeah, this is right. I was able to order it on the Black Library website directly, and I got the confirmation email saying the order was placed.

The actual, real way to tell if a Special/Limited Edition Black Library novel is to go onto Black Library's own website. Because you can STILL ORDER IT on the Black Library site, there's still copies available, despite what GW's website says.

For example: Blackstone Fortress Special Edition: Sold out on GW's website. Still available on Black Library.

Edited by Gederas

Welp, my interest in the Spears after reading this thread, and the inclusion of the transfers, sold me on this. I wanted to do a more obscure chapter but I have no interest in putting myself through freehanding heraldry, thus my options were limited.

Today's news about Calgar made me hesitate, as my hope for potential upscaled Black Templar models was made slightly more likely (my whole reason for doing another chapter was my unease about putting oldmarines next to Primaris) but then I realized that such an event is likely a long ways away, and I only have one chance to make a force of some nice Celtic Marines. So, I bit the bullet.

I'm looking forward to reading the book, and painting a small force of Emperor's Spears!

Only just found out about this. >.<  Very frustrated as ADB is my favorite 40k author and I would have purchased this asap had I been paying any attention. All 1500 copies are sold out. Here is hoping I can find someone willing to sell their copy on ebay. Hope it doesn't go above $300. 

Anyway, really looking forward to the read if I get the LE or not.

Before you wonder off to ebay, it's still available.

https://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/spear-of-the-emperor-hb-lt-ed-2018.html

Edited by Taliesin

Bought. Nifty little package. And while overpriced, the money I saved from being uncharacteristicly frugal and bitz-buying the few models I wanted from Blackstone Fortress did soften the blow. Most excited to actually read the book at any rate.

I preordered the LE, I hope the transfers are available separately at some point even if only for a short while.

One sheet will be enough for a small allied strike force but it would be great to be able to expand further.

I preordered the LE, I hope the transfers are available separately at some point even if only for a short while.

One sheet will be enough for a small allied strike force but it would be great to be able to expand further.

Well, based on the novel (*very* minor plot details follow)

the chapter are depleted and stretched, so small allied strike forces are probably the fluffiest way of doing the chapter. I don’t recall the chapter deploying in the numbers you’d see on the tabletop

I mean, I've got a bunch of the Primaris Marines from Dark Imperium I was intending to use for my Dark Angels. Now, I think I'm gonna strip them and then paint them blue.

Need to add plumes though :laugh.:

Anyone who got the book at the open day able to confirm the plumage for the chapter? I'm assuming Sergeants, Lieutenants and Captains get them, but what colours?

Also, who here has pre-ordered from Black Library before? Like, when I pre-ordered it yesterday, it accepted my pre-order and says "Acknolwedged" for the status and when I view the order it says "Awaiting packing". How long does it take before we get updates? Does it take UNTIL the release date or? Sorry, just extremely antsy as this is the first time I pre-ordered a book from Black Library, not from the Games workshop webstore :lol:

Edited by Gederas

I mean, I've got a bunch of the Primaris Marines from Dark Imperium I was intending to use for my Dark Angels. Now, I think I'm gonna strip them and then paint them blue.

Need to add plumes though :lol:

Anyone who got the book at the open day able to confirm the plumage for the chapter? I'm assuming Sergeants, Lieutenants and Captains get them, but what colours?

Also, who here has pre-ordered from Black Library before? Like, when I pre-ordered it yesterday, it accepted my pre-order and says "Acknolwedged" for the status and when I view the order it says "Awaiting packing". How long does it take before we get updates? Does it take UNTIL the release date or? Sorry, just extremely antsy as this is the first time I pre-ordered a book from Black Library, not from the Games workshop webstore :lol:

I’m sorry, I don’t recall distinct colours for rank plumage from the text, but all of the artwork in the box gives them red.

As for releases from BL, you’ll probably not hear anything more until it is dispatched, which won’t be until the release date, annoying as that is.

Need to add plumes though :laugh.:

Also, who here has pre-ordered from Black Library before? Like, when I pre-ordered it yesterday, it accepted my pre-order and says "Acknolwedged" for the status and when I view the order it says "Awaiting packing". How long does it take before we get updates? Does it take UNTIL the release date or? Sorry, just extremely antsy as this is the first time I pre-ordered a book from Black Library, not from the Games workshop webstore :laugh.:

I’m sorry, I don’t recall distinct colours for rank plumage from the text, but all of the artwork in the box gives them red.

As for releases from BL, you’ll probably not hear anything more until it is dispatched, which won’t be until the release date, annoying as that is.

Ah, okay.

And damn it all, that's not gonna help my anxiety :lol:

I knew it was on the boards SOMEWHERE. I just couldn't find it in this thread :lol:

Okay, so transverse crests are the ones like on the Mark IV and Mark III marines, longitudinal are the ones like the Primaris Captain, Sternguard Sergeant and Centurion Sergeant.

That's helpful.

Edited by Gederas

I knew it was on the boards SOMEWHERE. I just couldn't find it in this thread :laugh.:

Okay, so transverse crests are the ones like on the Mark IV and Mark III marines, longitudinal are the ones like the Primaris Captain, Sternguard Sergeant and Centurion Sergeant.

That's helpful.

Some of that stuff is from my notes and either never made it into the novel or changed over time, but the crests are still dead on.