Emperor's Spears covered by A D B

Kelborn

What i'm most interested in now after reading Primogenitor is seeing Chaos empires established in the Materium on the other side of the wall, I think that's fascinating story potential.

Likewise. And wouldn't it suck if a huge-ass warband decided a Chapter's territory was where they were going to set up camp.

Primogenitor was really good.

Primogenitor was AWESOME. And Fabius Bile #2 would be Beyond Godlike thanks to Joshua :wink:

What i'm most interested in now after reading Primogenitor is seeing Chaos empires established in the Materium on the other side of the wall, I think that's fascinating story potential.

Likewise. And wouldn't it suck if a huge-ass warband decided a Chapter's territory was where they were going to set up camp.

It would be a nice prologue for a novel :wink:

Huge ass warband- so Slaaneshi worshippers then?

Sorry that was terrible. 

Huge ass warband- so Slaaneshi worshippers then?

Sorry that was terrible. 

A huge-ass warband and a huge ass-warband are different things, but I couldn't reliably tell you which one was cooler. 

You mean as happened in ... Gasp ... The Sabbat Worlds? I would love more books like Blood Pact - getting into how chaos works as a society !

More likely with a trident.

Yes, pardon me - with a trident for sure :)

More likely with a trident.

This is from my notes about two characters talking. It will probably never become a real scene, though:

"Cousin. Do you use actual lions, celestial or otherwise?"

"Well, no."

"Then shut up about us using spears."

Awesome! We need that! Please

You mean as happened in ... Gasp ... The Sabbat Worlds? I would love more books like Blood Pact - getting into how chaos works as a society !

I once recalled Dan saying something to the effect of 'If Chaos were a bunch of idiots who nailed babies to their helmets, they couldn't function. They need a society of some sort in order to fight an Empire as large as the Imperium.'  and that's something I always wanted to see explored. Truthfully it's part of why I love Slaaneshi and Emperor's Children so much, because of their mercantile nature and interesting views on Xenos. It was fascinating reading about Third Legionnaires trading dreams like a physical currency in Primogenitor at the Archeomarkets to learn about Comorragh and even discussing a visit some day, or reading about the Xenocite Noise Marines in the Tome of Excess were similarly fascinating and the sort of wandering mercenary vibe they had in the Screaming Vortex. Going through the different Slaaneshi characters and seeing the freakish and bizarre empires they would build when they finally got enough resources to own small worlds was a treat too.

I once recalled Dan saying something to the effect of 'If Chaos were a bunch of idiots who nailed babies to their helmets, they couldn't function. They need a society of some sort in order to fight an Empire as large as the Imperium.'  and that's something I always wanted to see explored. Truthfully it's part of why I love Slaaneshi and Emperor's Children so much, because of their mercantile nature and interesting views on Xenos. It was fascinating reading about Third Legionnaires trading dreams like a physical currency in Primogenitor at the Archeomarkets to learn about Comorragh and even discussing a visit some day, or reading about the Xenocite Noise Marines in the Tome of Excess were similarly fascinating and the sort of wandering mercenary vibe they had in the Screaming Vortex. Going through the different Slaaneshi characters and seeing the freakish and bizarre empires they would build when they finally got enough resources to own small worlds was a treat too.

I'd particularly like to see a Nurglite society, mostly because its the hardest to imagine. People's motivations for worshipping Nurgle are perhaps the hardest to understand- there have to be more reasons than "I got really sick". After all he is one of the few forces of mercy and love in an uncaring universe (Just a very weird diseasey take on mercy). I could go into more detail but I'm not sure if it's appropriate for this thread.

True, that was one of the points that made Primogenitor even more awesome. From the other point of you - someone need to do the same with other traitor Legions, cause some of them are fighting just because they are 'evil'. (For example - Iron Warriors in W40K)

grailkeeper 'I'd particularly like to see a Nurglite society, mostly because its the hardest to imagine. People's motivations for worshipping Nurgle are perhaps the hardest to understand- there have to be more reasons than "I got really sick". After all he is one of the few forces of mercy and love in an uncaring universe (Just a very weird diseasey take on mercy). I could go into more detail but I'm not sure if it's appropriate for this thread.'

- Anthony Reynolds done them justice in his Marduk serie. They are loving Grandpa Nurgle not only cause it save them from suffering of pustulent wounds, but because it make them feel like fathers of their own children (diseaces) and very hard to inflict wounds upon. Plus - in their own eyes they seems to themselves as a truly magnificent beings :) (Plus they have adorable nurglings :yes: )

Edited by HeritorA

I love that Dan Abnett "Wake up, staple a baby to my face" interview for the sheer comedy of seeing him going through that motion as much as for the way he is outlining the challenge in creating a story and relatable concept aside from the "Well, we do this because we are eeeeeevil" arc which makes it all so cartoonish. Ditch that, so eye rolling cringeworthy.

And actually isn't Nurgle one of the easiest leaps for a human / human society - freedom from suffering, freedom from the fear of death, generosity, fidelity. The ultimate "Don't worry, be happy" society? Since 40k is so big on their ARCHETYPE images, I could easily see a Nurgle society as some sort of grisly Shangri-La where happy bloated farmers tend to fungal fields and share their joy with others, hugging strangers on the road while asphyctic babies snooze noisingly in the fleshy flaps of their near mummified grannies on the edge of the terraced fields , sloshing with stale fluids. Anorectic monks recite the mantras of decay among gloriously rotting temple monasteries where the insect claws like clicks of prayer mills tick to the count of Nurgle's blessing and the incense the sweet smell of something four days dead is burning before the giant Buddha-like effigies of the greatest Saints.

Or they could be more among the happy go lucky, eerie voodoo style of WoW Troll Society...

And maybe we should get an extra thread going for bouncing around some ideas before derailing this one further ;)

I love that Dan Abnett "Wake up, staple a baby to my face" interview for the sheer comedy of seeing him going through that motion as much as for the way he is outlining the challenge in creating a story and relatable concept aside from the "Well, we do this because we are eeeeeevil" arc which makes it all so cartoonish. Ditch that, so eye rolling cringeworthy.

And actually isn't Nurgle one of the easiest leaps for a human / human society - freedom from suffering, freedom from the fear of death, generosity, fidelity. The ultimate "Don't worry, be happy" society? Since 40k is so big on their ARCHETYPE images, I could easily see a Nurgle society as some sort of grisly Shangri-La where happy bloated farmers tend to fungal fields and share their joy with others, hugging strangers on the road while asphyctic babies snooze noisingly in the fleshy flaps of their near mummified grannies on the edge of the terraced fields , sloshing with stale fluids. Anorectic monks recite the mantras of decay among gloriously rotting temple monasteries where the insect claws like clicks of prayer mills tick to the count of Nurgle's blessing and the incense the sweet smell of something four days dead is burning before the giant Buddha-like effigies of the greatest Saints.

Or they could be more among the happy go lucky, eerie voodoo style of WoW Troll Society...

And maybe we should get an extra thread going for bouncing around some ideas before derailing this one further ;)

Burgle doesn't even have to be tropified into diseases and stuff. It could be something as simple as offerings to prevent famines. Slaanesh could be a euginicist society. Khorne could be a society as martial as the Spartans or Romans like Ares and Mars. Tzeentchian society simply Machiavellian Italian city-states. Now that Chaos is free from the warp, it can take hold in more ways than tentacles and postules.

What is the timeline for the advent of Primaris, the Imperium splitting, etc? Its surely not all the last day of 999.M41, which is where the setting has been at its 'latest' for a bit now. 

If I'm not mistaken upcoming lore will cover up to 200 years after the Fall of Cadia, so we could proudly say that we went into M41K now

That would alliow for some changes / development even wirhout additional warp shenanigans,

Is the 13th Crusade still a thing, as in active operations?

As it was before it was massively retconned and Fall of Cadia is what we have as a 13th Black Crusade version 2.0