Tich's Prospero Project - (Back in the groove, March 2024)

By the Cyclop's mane! I love this thread. Your red armor is beyond amazing.

Thanks! I still remember the first time I tried the metallic red spray on the Ahriman and it came out really dull/flat I was disappointed. Then I added the clear over the top and out came the perfect candy red I was looking for!

• 2 weeks later...

The Knight is done!

I figure it to be a "gift" from Zhao Arkhad forge that the Thousand Sons could use in a similar fashion to the other mind controlled machines. plus it looks cool.

40975651165_66af621974_z.jpg

40975654645_98261dee24_z.jpg

40066999910_b8727b0fe3_z.jpg

40067003750_6ca5209885_z.jpg

40067007660_fb15b163eb_z.jpg

and finished the Praetor, who it turns out is in the same pose as the Knight......

41874196461_a5817c634d_z.jpg

looks like I might be moving house in the near future so this might be my last update for a while, but I will be back!

Tich.

Courtesy of gadgets plus on shapeways/facebook. He does a range of amazing parts for knights.

As for the paint, Do you mean the gold/blue shield beside the head? It's retributor armour base then Tamiya clear blue, details are retributor and dry brushed stormhost silver. The red is the same as my tutorial for the thousand sons.

Man you really like making bases :wink: .

I really like the commander and knight, maybe you can fluff him as the one controlling the knight psionically? It makes sense a praetor would be the only one powerful enough to command the knight's bulk, and you can always say there's a mind-thrall in the cockpit if the strain is too much.

• 2 months later...

well, despite most of my hobby stuff being packed up I did manage to pick up a copy of Renegade (two more knights on the way) and got this guy finished:

43708320411_4652e6e9ff_z.jpg

42804896115_632a355851_z.jpg

43708298081_323dceeb2c_z.jpg

more update on the knights soon, one will be similar to the last one but with more magnets, and the second will be full on renegade/Tzeentch.

Awesome conversion and paintjob. Where did you get the mini daemon chicken?

Every time I see this model I wonder why aren't there any force claws or fists.

Please remind me, where the base model comes from, I can't seem to find it.

Edited by Quixus

Thanks!,

sure can, the Bird is from the Kairic Acolytes box, you get 2 of them. the base is one of Scibors 40mm Egyptian ones, I used the "bird head" one on the Primaris Gravis captain.

Thansk, I see now that "base model" could be misunderstood. I was looking for the source of the Cataphracti librarian model.

Iirc, that's a Forge World exclusive that you can only get at Game Day or the Warhammer World

Great paintjob and nice conversion work on the sorcerer! I seriously love the change you did to the forming daemon. I see that mini come up once in awhile, brand new in a clampack, for a good price on ebay and I want it. However I never know what to do to change out that bloodletter coming up. Your changing it to that bird is an excellent example that I may want to copy.

And one day...that little bird will grow up to be a Lord of Change! :)

Thanks! I debated about what to use, from a Lord of change head to a pink or blue horror but the Vulcharc was just too good not to (and I got to re-use the horns from the original deamon). I only bought them to use as cultists but so far the Kairic Acolyte box has provided a tabard for the Leviathan, Shields for the breacher team/ extra warped armour for the knight and now the daemon chicken.

You made a great choice. A Lord of Change's head sounds interesting. I don't know how well it would work out or look but it would be cool if you could use that sorcerer to actually summon a Lord of Change. Like the old Daemonology trait for psyker where you could summon daemons.

And those acolytes do have great bits. When I got some in the warhammer quest box I was really tempted to just use their bits for my small TS army at the time.

something wicked this way comes.....

43822513442_418d07c150_z.jpg

43822508242_82256ccf1a_z.jpg

"Everybody knows you never go full renegade...."

in other news, turns out the missile pod and Icarus autocannons fit perfectly (with a little magnets) on the feet of the standard knight if you want some weapon emplacement/objectives...:

30001208758_08726dd017_z.jpg