The Void Revenants - Snake?! SNAAAAAKE!?

Kordhal

Those helmets make the cataphractii very creepy-looking, in a good way.

Where'd they come from? They look a little like stormcast helmets.

I think you're right, those are definitely Stormcast heads, not sure which kit though. I can't see any evidence they've had the usual Stormcast halo-esque head crests cut off so my money's only the Stormcast Archers, because as far as I recall they lack the big wide head crests other Eternals possess.

Wow some stellar work on that Librarian with some cool fluff too! The paint job looks amazing but his chest looks sort of empty, maybe do some of your stellar freehand (ex lightning bolts)? As for the terminators, the heads work surprisingly well. Definitely looking forward to seeing them painted!

The stormcast heads fit nicely, very Void Revenant looking ;). Simple but effective conversions! Just out of curiosity how do you plan to paint the lightning claws, simple metal or some glowy effect?

@corswain: Cheers, am glad you like em! The helmets come from the Stormcast Paladin kit!

@sanguiniusreborn: Yeah they are stormcast heads, as mentioned above they are from the Paladin kit.

@Vairocanum: Thank you, am pleased you like the librarian. I quite like the un-ornamented chest, fits in with how I envision the void revenants decorate their armour, but lightning bolts do sound like a good idea. Yeah I really like the stormcast heads, they worked much better than I expected.

@The traitor: Cheers, am glad you feel they fit the armies theme! Will definitely be going for a glowing claw effect!

Ended up in my local GW and succumbed to the allure of the Redemptor and new Reiver kit:

So may I present Honoured Kerberos:

http://i.imgur.com/SRULUOk.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1BTu4b4.jpg

So should I leave him as is? Or should I add some more bitz to detail up the blank panels? Any suggestions are welcome!

Cheers for the comments guys!

Right I thought I would post one last thing before I head off on holiday for a week:

Presenting Honoured Kerberos, clad in his Redemptor Ironform.

"I am truly blessed. By the grace of the Emperor and the  Endjin, I have been returned from embrace of death. A Revenant clad in Iron, I bring death to those who would defile the Imperium." - Honoured Kerberos 

http://i.imgur.com/F7JHwuT.jpg

Kerberos's frame follows the traditions of Void Revenant Dreadnoughts: The right panel of the sarcophagus bearing a revenant style figure dressed in robes, whilst the left bears the visage of the foe that laid the hero low: in this case the Demon Prince Av'rashi the Insatiable, Leader of the Debaucherous Host and Scourge of the Uln sub sector. Rather than being a mark of shame, these markings are typically regarded as badges of nemesis. The occupants and other members of the Chapter believing that if the warrior can slay this foe, he will be able to find true rest out in the void swept Gardens of Silence, rather than the fitful sleep that is typical of those Void Revenants entombed in Ironforms. 

http://i.imgur.com/GpO2JSR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/aIKeuak.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bgo5eMg.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yzmHhYy.jpg

This was a lovely kit to assemble and paint, so many little details and it feels like a really dynamic kit!

Comments and criticisms are welcome! Will try to respond to any whilst away. 

I will admit that I wasn't quite convinced of the head/deathmask when you posted the unpainted model, but it works so well now, and I think the added face adds so much to the Redemptor's torso! Excellent job!

I also love the fluff bit about having a stylised depiction of your nemesis on the Sarcophagus! That is a very cool little touch!

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers everyone for the kind words on Honoured Kerberos, really enjoyed painting him.

Hooo boy, its been a long while, real life has got in the way (holidays, conferences, parties) but now am back and rearing to go. With one problem though: Necromunda. GW and their teasing have got my creative juices flowing and I want to create a gang (Grumbles indistinctly about too many distractions). However, I have several crazy ideas and would like some feedback/help deciding.

Idea 1: Ships Crew. A merchant/ship owners saviour pod crashes in the ash wastes near a hive. The crew and armsmen have to fight their way up the hive to deliver their cargo.

Idea 2: Logician Darwinian Experiment. Drop a load of clones/cyborgs in the underhive to test their suitability as a warrior strain. Also search for Archaeotech, ya know because they are Hereteks. 

Idea 3: Mercenary group. Using the wars in the underhive to make a name for themselves and gain prestige with the noble houses. (Bit boring but could work). (Will also need a name for the group).

Idea 4: Lovecraftian Cult. A doomsday cult has emerged in the underhive claiming contact with a dead god sleeping below the ash, though unlike the rabid redemptionists or chaos cults they worship something much older and not necessarily from this universe. Gives me the option of super creepy stuff, and is quite different. SPECIFICALLY NOT A CHAOS CULT. 

Idea 5: Wild Card. If you have a suggestion am all ears.

I look forward to hearing your opinions and ideas!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PICT INLOAD: SERVITOR FEED OMICRON_5A*L_UNDERHIVE.

NOTABLE GANG ACTIVITY ORIGINATING FROM  SAINT ALARI'S WAREHOUSE DISTRICT:

IDENTIFYING......

IDENTIFYING...........

ERROR NO KNOWN MATCH.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

STILTHEEL_JACK

idyQFcI.jpg

yaxt7Jf.jpg

MECH_HEAD

tZtIA0f.jpg

AWpPqNx.jpg

CORVUS_IRATUS

4IF9cLt.jpg

POLYPH_EMUS

P3YQVVW.jpg

BLACK_KROM

vJOObbU.jpg

So went with the popular choice with the logician gang made up of clones and cyborgs. Comments and criticisms are always welcome!

Edited by Kordhal

Man how have I missed all this gold!?

Great stuff all around. That redemptor is awesome and the fluff about etching the thing that killed you onto your sarcophagus is excellent. The gangers looks good. Nice bashes. My favorite is KROM.

The idea is definitely turning out well, my favourite so far is Stiltheel, I don't know why but I like how the Sicarian head looks on him. Have you though which gang they'll be representing? Or do you plan to not play them at all?

• 2 months later...

@KBA: Cheers, I am glad you like the log so far! Have to say the redemptor is one of my fave pieces so far!

@Vairocanum: Definitely agree a few more mechanical bits would not go amiss!

@The Traitor: I am pretty pleased with how Stiltheel turned out :D . Have no idea yet, might wait till I see some more rules for the other gangs etc etc

@Slaanbull: Thank you! I believe the head is from the custodes kit. 

Well its been quite a while hasn't it! A combination of uni work and other projects bubbling away has meant I haven't had much hobby time of late. Though I have been working on my entry to the Iron Sleet Invitational, but as an aside and because I love marines I have been working on a conversion heavily inspired by the phenomenal Khyr Valen conversion by Capt. Jack. This was done using one of the plague marines from the Dark IMperium box (so much filing and cutting euuurgh).

He will be leading a true scale tac squad, once I have finished tidying up the rough edges and gaps. 

7GaAisv.jpg

YZcFgSs.jpg

Now here is the insane idea, do I attempt to convert all the plague marine models into regular marines (I love the heavy imposing look that they have) or go for something slightly less insane and purchase and convert up a Knight Titan (Have some cool ideas for its theme).

As usual comments and criticisms are always welcome!