The Void Revenants - Snake?! SNAAAAAKE!?

Kordhal

Those helmets make the cataphractii very creepy-looking, in a good way.

Where'd they come from? They look a little like stormcast helmets.

I think you're right, those are definitely Stormcast heads, not sure which kit though. I can't see any evidence they've had the usual Stormcast halo-esque head crests cut off so my money's only the Stormcast Archers, because as far as I recall they lack the big wide head crests other Eternals possess.

I think they are the "Paladin Decimators": https://www.games-workshop.com/de-DE/Stormcast-Eternals-Paladins-Protectors .

That is my favorite marine out of the box and I love seeing him de-plagued! I had been thinking about removing all the gross bits from a set of DI DG I have but that would be a ton of work. I love that belly armor of their without all the teeth and tentacles. I had been considering a dremel purchase to ease the workload of removing plastic.

@ephrael: Cheers! Its a real pain to do but can result in some really cool conversions!

@LordVelype: Spot on there!

@Pearson73: Thank you! I now just need to paint both the Cataphractii and Gangers....

@hushrong:  Am glad you like him, he is also one of my fave plague marines out of the box. Its a ton of work but I think it has a worthwhile pay off so I would say go for it!

After re-reading the fantastic logs of Krautscientist and Tibbets about building their knight titans, I have begun work on my own:

The Doom that came to Surth, Ukur, stirs...

T7nnfvH.jpg

Whoops, saw the converted DG on instagram but forgot to comment here. He looks great, really liking what you've done with him so far. As for the knight, the shield looks fantastic, can't wait to see what other free hand you'll do on the rest of it!

The skeleton eating a skyscraper on the Knight's shield, seems to have Chaos' eight-point star decorating its head. Is the skeleton meant to represent the Knight (meaning it's a Chaos Knight), or is it a nemesis the Knight Scion must slay? Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

@naryn: Cheers!

@Vairocanum: I am glad you like how its progressing so far, plenty of more freehand to come!

@robofish7591: Thank you! Fingers crossed I have a few more ideas of what to add and that they turn out successfully. 

@LordVelype: Haha, am glad you like it.

@Bjorn Firewalker: Its not meant to be a Chaos star (oops), its an old mesopotamian symbol for divinity but I can definitely see how it looks like a chaos star. Might have to do some editing, as Ukur is definitely a loyalist. 

@Rednekkboss: I wish the skeleton was eating a pop tart, its meant to be one of the buildings from the city below him, so will have a tweak so it looks less like confectionary haha! But am glad you like it

• 4 weeks later...

Yikes its been a while (again), thanks to finishing of my Ironsleet invitational and work haven't been on here too much! Here is my latest WIP, my true scale Chapter Master of the Void Revenants: Isimud Wer.

SL1EMPa.jpg

2m03Kb6.jpg

0OnJQoR.jpg

Major credit goes to the guys at betweenthebolterandme for all their help and advice on the true scaling process (especially re positioning the legs!), and please  let me know what you think. 

Really cool conversion, I love that sword bit (specially now that you can get it in plastic through the new DA pack). I think I would have liked it more with the pistol lowered, more static, but shooting is still okay. Can't wait so more of your Void Revenants!

@the Traitor: Thank you! Yeah I love the leaning pose on that sword (I had no idea you could get it in plastic though!). Ah, I kind of agree with you there but the angle of the arm didn't lend it to a static pose. 

Presenting: Isimud Wer, Herald to the Endjin and Master of the Void Revenants, he is also referred to as ‘The One eyed Lord’ or ‘’Baraqu’ (He Who strikes with Lightning). Wer has been master of the Revenants for the past two centuries, leading them from their base on the Marble-moon of Apophis. When on the warpath, Isimud eschews the finery and ornamentation commonly found amongst those of his rank in brother Chapters. But he goes armed with deadly artefacts dating back to the Chapters founding: The relic blade ‘Shargaz’ (Gothic translation from ancient Sum’rian: Supreme Smiter) and an incredibly rare Volkite Charger ‘Shurpu’ (Its Gothic translation being ‘Purification by Fire’). 

a22QTsl.jpg

8d2a3zX.jpg

IciaJtQ.jpg

aQMXqiY.jpg

This model was a joy to make, and I really enjoyed the challenge of constructing/converting it, comments and criticism are always welcome!

• 1 month later...

@Bjorn Firewalker: Thank you!

@the Traitor: Dang it, should have waited just a bit longer. Cheers, am glad you like him.

Hooo, its been a while! My absence can only be explained due to the lure of Inq28 and general lack of motivation to get on with my army. But am back and should hopefully be posting more regularly.

Firstly here is a Mercernary Astartes I built to accompany the Inquisitor. Inquisitorial Designation: Venena Anguis, leader of the Outer Rim Mercernary company. Currently operating in th Thulean sector.

16bMUHv.jpg

1qa6rQ8.jpg

ecePHyw.jpg

YxfoA68.jpg

Iopyax5.jpg

Comments and criticisms are welcome, and tips to get over this army slump would be most welcome!

Bjorn Firewalker, I’m thinking it’s Outer Heaven. With the ‘Snaaaaaake’ title and that this fella is a mercenary I’m thinking it’s one of the skull emblems they use.

Which, by the way is great freehand.

I like the merc. For some reason I really like the change to the vents on his backpack. That looks real good.

"...Calces Metallum?!"

Bjorn Firewalker, I’m thinking it’s Outer Heaven. With the ‘Snaaaaaake’ title and that this fella is a mercenary I’m thinking it’s one of the skull emblems they use.

Well spotted! There's also the name, of course. And then I wanted to complain that he needs a bandana, right until I saw the red left forearm -- clever, very clever! :smile.:

Now the mercenary captain merely needs a one-eyed cyber-mastiff and a photosynthetic Callidus Assassin to accompany him, and he's ready to go ;)

Edited by KrautScientist

Now the mercenary captain merely needs a one-eyed cyber-mastiff and a photosynthetic Callidus Assassin to accompany him, and he's ready to go :wink:

Don't you mean Vindicare?

Hrm, could really go both ways, couldn't it? Vindicare for the weapon, but Callidus for the gender and camo-abilities ;)