What have your Raven Guard done lately?

mertbl

• 2 weeks later...

Played a game against GSC yesterday I finaly got a win for the Raptors/Raven Guard! Shrike+VanVets and the Judiciar with Bladeguards held the center against the foul Xenos worshipers as multiple proximity mines detonated left and right, killing a lot of cultists, Abberants and damaging vehicles, probably causing confusion in the Xenos ranks and giving time for the Chapter's elite to chop them into little pieces.

Had a lot of fun with a new list. I enjoyed laying traps for my opponent to fell in and using tricks to get the job done. Gotta say that A Deadly Prize stratagems was amazing for me in this game since I baited and funneled my opponent's units into the center, forcing him to get in range of the Objective and take multiple explosions on several units. I also destroyed a Truck on 3 wounds left with the Haywire mines of the Incursor. Shrike and the remnants of the Vanguard Vets were then able to charge the squad that got out and kill it, making sure I kept control of the center Objective and kept "Fort Kaboom" up and going! 

I have another game tomorrow agains Deathguard, we'll see if the Raptors can get the upperhand against the plague ridden followers of Nurgle.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to be MIA for so long.....Personal life has been crazy. 

This past weekend I was able to go out and play a game of 30k against my friend @Entropomancer 's Iron Warriors and happy to say I'm 0-3 in 30k all loses to his IW.....:down: Previous games my army ran off the table. But this time I had to call out due to the loses inflicted and only ended up losing by 2 points but I made some HUGE Mental errors and mistakes. 

I ran a Jump Champion, and Twin Raven Clawed Corvid jump pack Praetor, Lascannon Fist/ Melta Contemptor, 2 Jump Apothecaries, 2 15 Assault Squad (3 power swords and sgt with fist and other squad sgt had a sword plasma) 2 5 man support squads (plasma and melta) 10 man Dark Furies (2 choosers of the slain), and Sicaran. Decapacitation Strike Rite of War, and Bane of Tyrants warlord trait) vs IW Warsmith and another character, Auto cannon fist Contemptor, Plasma fist Contemptor, 2 breacher squads, inductii tactical squad, 2 mortar platforms, and 2 predator (autocannon and lascannon sponsons)

I had first turn so I moved all my models into position to do damage next turn. (Should have infiltrated support squads- Talons special- Rule Mistake #1)

Killed 1 breacher.......damaged Contemptor #1 

His first turn saw my meltagun squad getting phospehexed and dying (:cuss:) to a man. And some damage here and there including the Sicaran getting nuked!

My second turn, Assualt squad with fist charges damaged contemptor, Dark Fury and Praetor charged 2nd Breacher squad, Assault squad with Champion charge other breacher squad. (Mistake #2 did not shoot with Champion's Assault squad, mistake #3 Did not roll Hammer of Wrath for charging in x3)

After 2 turns of fighting there were no breachers left I had a few assualt marines left and a 2 dark furies and had to call the game

Final score was 5-7 

So afterwards since I was proxing my tactical as Assault marines I ordered 3 boxes of Assualt Marines (going power mauls over power swords) from my FLGS online store since physical store was out of stock, I need to 2 predators to replace sicaran and breaking Dark Furies in 2 5 man. 

I started working on my Pride of the Legion Cataphractii Terminator (Sons of Horus Praetor with icons removed) Praetor and have 10 Cataphractii terminators with spacers and torsos done attached and another 10 needing spacers sanded down and torsos attached

• 2 weeks later...

Had a very close and entertaining game yesterday against my buddy's Sisters of Battle. 

First round was blood bath as he moved a lot of his units in the center but forgot that Shrike's unit had Lone Operatives and so, he could only shoot at the Outriders. I was initially planning on playing a long game, scoring objectives while avoiding the bulk of his force. But since he over commit on the center, the occasion was too good to pass and I struck hard at the center. This time I was trying Vanguards with Inferno Pistols and they did some work on his Mortifiers while the Repulsor Executioner, one squad of Eradicators and two of the Centurions made sure there were no more metal cans to protect the sisters. I made a mistake though and assault two of his units close to the Triumph of St-Katherin who promptly counter attack. The Vanguard where surrounded in melee and unsupported and I made a second mistake the round after trying to focus the Triumph down but that thing is very tough!

Anyway that and some very clever play by my opponent made what looked like a lost cause into a challenging game.

Edit: can't add any more pictures because of size limit...

PXL_20240113_022906839.jpg

PXL_20240113_044346613.jpg

Edited by jpwyrm

• 3 weeks later...

My cheap ass and inherent conversion addicted is wondering how I could convert two squads with the models I've got. I have plenty of the old models and a access to a lifetime of Marines bitz and kits, I just need to figure out a way to make some appropriately sized scouts in a reasonable amount of time and where good to go!

• 4 weeks later...

Had a practice game yesterday against an unorthodox Deathguard army : 28 Terminator equivalent bodies, Mortarion, Typhus, 2 Plagueburst Crawlers and 2x10 cultists. As for my list, I ran :

Shrike + 10 VanVets with Fusion Pistols
Combi Lt
Judiciar + 5 Assault Intercessors
3 Assault Centurions
3 Eliminators
5 Infiltrators
5 Incursors
2 x 5 Scouts
Repulsor Executioner
Stormraven
2 x Vindicator
Callidus