DA 8th Edition Info

Ezzeran

I wonder if the Apothecary's FnP will be a radius now, seeing as how characters can't join command squads?

I'm wondering if Command Squads and the like will have a rule allowing them to be joined by a single character instead. After all, in the fluff, that's what Command Squads were always intended to do; act as a retinue for the army's leader.

I wonder if the Apothecary's FnP will be a radius now, seeing as how characters can't join command squads?

I didn't know Apothecary's were characters.

I probably could have worded my post better, lol.

Oh, I misunderstood. I was about to ask if we couldn't upgrade our guys to Apothecary's anymore. I didn't realise you meant FnP for the lonely character that can't benefit from the Apothecary. 

I wouldn't be suprised if that was their intention all along, if HQ's can't benefit from purchasable extra's, you decrease the chance of possible Deathstars™. A radius would be pretty OP, it would be a cheap upgrade for an awesome piece of gear.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/10/new-warhammer-40000-weapons-part-2-may10gw-homepage-post-4/

What does everyone think of the new information that released this morning? FIrst thought is that Ravenwing got more firepower with all of their twin linkedness. Especially black knights if plasma stays rapid fire. This could mean 5 Black Knights put out 20 strength 7 AP -3 Shots at 9" and can then charge and strike first :eek:. (My guess is Plasma Talons are 18" Str 7, AP -3, Rapid Fire). Also, Sableclaw could get very interesting if he has 6 HB shots, 8 AC shots and Still AV 14 equivalent (probably more than 12 wounds). 

How about the new update? Twin linked now means 2 shots! Hurricane bolter just got better :) and 2 shot ladcannons on your razorbacks :)

Also, we got new combi weapon rules. You can fire both all the time at -1 to hit, or fire one at normal to hit.

Meltagun is S8 AP-4 Dd6. At half range roll 2 dice to damage and discard the lowest one.

Twin heavy bolter is heavy 6 S5 AP-1 D1.

Battle cannon is heavy d6 S8 Ap-2 Dd3.

I wonder if the rapid fire battle cannon on knights will fire more.

Edit: ninja'd!

Edited by jbaeza94

Sweet Jebus, that's awesome. Imagine the LRC, 8 AC-shots & 24 boltershots within 12". Combi-weapons will be more relevant as well now, especially if they remain cheaper than their full-fledged counterparts (allthough not likely). It's a good thing I have so many heavy bolters in my army, they'll kick some serious buttocks.

Edit: I feel the sudden need to build a Land Raider Ares.

Edited by GreyRavenC

So, If I'm thinking about this right, I could have a dual twin linked las cannon dreadnaught sitting it the back that cant be targeted unless he's the closest model since he only has 8 wounds. 4 Str 9 AP -3 D6 damage shots a turn with the ability to hide behind infantry is pretty powerful depending on the points cost.

Edit: Just realized he isn't a character so he could be targeted.

Edited by TheBoosch

We know that Plasma is still STR 7, etc? Hoping Gets Hot goes away, at least for the Dark Angels who are the plasma rockstars. Also, if twin-linked means 2 shots, what are Stormbolters gonna bring, 4? Higher Rend? Interested to see how they balance all the weapons and still manage to make them unique.

We know that Plasma is still STR 7, etc? Hoping Gets Hot goes away, at least for the Dark Angels who are the plasma rockstars. Also, if twin-linked means 2 shots, what are Stormbolters gonna bring, 4? Higher Rend? Interested to see how they balance all the weapons and still manage to make them unique.

I imagine it'd still 2 shots, like the combi bolter

I imagine it'd still 2 shots, like the combi bolter

That was my initial thought, but the combi bolter is likely going to be Rapid 2, which means that at half range will be pumping out 4 shots.

I doubt that they are going to switch storm bolters to Assault 4 weapons, so I am not sure how they plan to make them different.

The weirdest part is that if combi bolters are Rapid 2, and Storm Bolters stay Assault 2, then Korn TDA units will be more shooty than DA or UM TDA units.

Oh and just tossing this out there, I bet Relentless sticks around and ignores the -1 penalty to shooting Heavy Weapons when moving.

Maybe we will get some sort of rend, to differentiate between combi and storm. One gets rapid 2 the other assault 2 rend or some sort of ap modifier, but I'm not crossing my fingers for assault 4. Maybe we just get rapid 2 as well, who knows.

Almost everything got more or less buffed up. I'd like to see what they're going to do with Grav, I just spend a crapload of effort, time and money to build my Grav command squad, it would break my heart to snap it all of again.

That's why I bought a bunch of magnets for my special weapon guys, for that just in case scenario. The hope is to save money, when they're finally built though haha

Yea I'm thinking Sableclaw is going to be a pretty great choice now. Especially if he's going to have toughness/wounds to match his armor, instead of a BS two hull points.

Yes I'm stoked about Sableclaw's potential.  What I'm most excited about is that since everything is essentially going to be MC, now when Sableclaw (or any of my other speeders) get charged, they will get to fight back.  Might not be game breaking battle prowess, but it'll be better than just standing there.  Heck I might even get to charge with Sableclaw once in a while.

And if every unit that gets charged gets to fire overwatch... speeders might get to survive being charged.

Also if a Large Blast Battle Cannon has become Heavy D6 it's safe to assume Small Blast weapons have become Heavy D3.

I wonder what they will do with the Plasma on the Land Speeder Vengeance.

I wonder what they will do with the Plasma on the Land Speeder Vengeance.

Probably just stick with the mode where they take a couple of shots. It's pointless to roll D3 instead of the template if you can shoot 3 from the start. Or they might go for a D6, so people would risk the alternative mode.