hopes, dreams, and fears for sisters in 8th

micahwc

Edit: Ninjaed! biggrin.png I'd like to have the actual source for that quote provided by Drider. It looks like it's saying that Sisters are in fact trained on Ophelia VII and Terra.

I can't say if it's the original source, but that text (sans quotation) is present in the Blood of Martyrs sourcebook for Dark Heresy.

Ahhhh, thanks! The FFG RPG books aren;t something I automatically include in my headcanon, but if I like bits of fluff from them, I include those bits and exclude the parts I don't like (the only sources that are wholly part of my headcanon are the 2E codex, Codex: Witch Hunters, and the WD Liber Sororitas). I have a pdf of BoM (shhhhh) I'll go try and pull up the relevant portion of the text.

This quote is conspicuously absent from the more reliable Lexicanum, so I'm taking it with a shaker's worth of salt.

If I recall correctly, the female progena who're sent to the Adepta Sororitas are so because their faith eclipses that of other graduates, and their male peers go on to become commissars. If the Sisters of Battle are only drawn from the Schola Progenia of Terra and Ophelia VII, their equals from the rest of the Imperium terrorize lead imperial guardsmen along with the men. If the Adepta Sororitas takes in everyone from every corner of the Imperium, this gives us a lore reason for the lack of female commissar model.

edit: ah, Brightstar gave a source.

No, Ssiters are drawn from Scholas all over the galaxy. It's just that they get sent to either Terra or Ophelia VII to do their actual Novice training

Edit: too off topic :P

If we can get back to the topic at hand, which is what we hope to see for Sisters in 8th edition, not a run through of the Lore. By all means start a new topic to discuss things, but not here =][=

I hope canonesses can get their jump pack back and still pack an eviscerator.

I'd love that too, but I'd have to hunt ebay to get a spare jump pack! laugh.png Either that or try to suitably bling up a Seraphim Superior (the easier option I think to be honest)

I hope sisters get new models...Oh wait nearly everyone wants that. Except wallets. Wallets don't want that.

My wallet shakes it's metaphorical head a lot, but yeah. It'd be worth it though! laugh.png

I'll be honest. I'll always pick plastic Horus Heresy space marines or Dark Vengeance-style chaos space marines over plastic sisters.

Burn In Shame

My wallet understands the necessity of proper loyalty to the Emperor, and keeps its complaints to a minimum. In any case, I can always get a new wallet . . . :P

I'm genuinely considering taking the gamble and getting three Penitent Engines and a squad of Repentia in time for 8th. It'd be nice to wait for some more on things like vehicle squadrons, much less their specific rules, but I'd like to finally have those options available to me and I'm optimistic about their chances of being useful in the new edition.

I'm genuinely considering taking the gamble and getting three Penitent Engines and a squad of Repentia in time for 8th. It'd be nice to wait for some more on things like vehicle squadrons, much less their specific rules, but I'd like to finally have those options available to me and I'm optimistic about their chances of being useful in the new edition.

In all seriousness, when assembling the PE's you might want to consider gluing them together with Loctite Powerflex. It's quite pricey, but believe me that after assembling the first of mine (named The Test, I accidentally dropped it. It bounced. The only thing wrong with it was one of the arms bent a little. That stuff is worth it's weight in gold! laugh.png

I reckon the rhino will be a 4+ save.

I'm curious to see how flyers will find. I'd really like the avenger strike fighter to not go down to a stiff breeze.

i can see flyers being more or less the same as a flying rhino and skyfire being the same as it is now. I think the one of the main issues they're trying to tackle is stuff not interacting. i can see them leaving it as hitting on a 6 unless you have skyfire and then even a lasgun will be able to wound on a 6. 

I'd really like the Palatine back. It never felt right to me, dragging an Order's Canoness out to every lil 500 point battle.

Absolutely. That's always bothered me too. Though, I suppose the Canoness rules don't nessessary have to represent a Canoness Superior. It could be a Canoness Comander or Canoness Preceptor.

As an army that doesn't use transports to push Assault, are the transport changes actually much good for us?

I feel as though I haven't fully got my head around the implications of the changes, but I can't help but think that units like Dominions are actually worse off if they can't disembark from their transport after it moves. Not being able to charge after disembarking was no loss to them and this just means they're even less likely to reach half-range on their Meltas, right?

Is this is a call for us to start taking Rhinos with five Dominions and five Repentia?

Dominions, if they even can outflank in their transport anymore, won't be able to get out and shoot till their second turn on the board, which sucks, but since reserves can come in at will, i suppose it's not quite as bad.

As an army that doesn't use transports to push Assault, are the transport changes actually much good for us?

In practical terms Sisters will be disembarking and then walking 6" forwards, instead of driving 6" forwards and disembarking ... so you are going to be able to better place the rhino, but you are going to lose a bit of distance of position for your troops between the old disembark range and the (presumed) need to get out of the side of the vehicle.

Though if there are no vehicle facings now we might be seeing a lot of reversing vehicles (and a stealth buff for the poorly positioned razorback turret)

In practical terms Sisters will be disembarking and then walking 6" forwards, instead of driving 6" forwards and disembarking ... so you are going to be able to better place the rhino, but you are going to lose a bit of distance of position for your troops between the old disembark range and the (presumed) need to get out of the side of the vehicle.

Though if there are no vehicle facings now we might be seeing a lot of reversing vehicles (and a stealth buff for the poorly positioned razorback turret)

Yeah, but the Immolator turret is already in the front, though I'd like to quote myself in any case :P 

"Brother, why are you driving this vehicle backward?"

"The Techmarine said he'd kill me if I got the filigree on the front smashed again, and the Tau are in that direction," he points in the direction of the vehicle's travel, "so . . . the turret can point in any direction anyway, and the filigree can't get smashed if the enemy can't see it, now can it? Fire up the Lucifer engines."

the Predator roars off in reverse, toward the enemy, kicking up a suitably large dust cloud in it's wake. The gunner only lost half a lung from exhaust inhalation over the course of the engagement. 

All right I'm cutting myself off right there. I'm much too tired to be posting.

At first glance i think the transport rules hurt us more than help us. A little bit bitter about it because it directly affects what is currently our best unit and play style. Still holding out a bit of hope though. we'll just have to wait for our faction focus and our army rules.

Archived