hopes, dreams, and fears for sisters in 8th

micahwc

... where your Repentia end up outflanked ...

My repentia are never outflanked. Sometimes, though, they do have more options about which direction to go to charge the enemy.

They used to add a 'can't hold objectives' clause to things like Death Company. Used to was a time when we could have militia in our non-compulsory troops slots. I could see repentia with either or both of these clauses

... where your Repentia end up outflanked ...

My repentia are never outflanked. Sometimes, though, they do have more options about which direction to go to charge the enemy.

They used to add a 'can't hold objectives' clause to things like Death Company. Used to was a time when we could have militia in our non-compulsory troops slots. I could see repentia with either or both of these clauses

I was referring to a potential bit of scenario for why you'd have a force of fanatical women with powerfield clad chainswords and a bunch of death seeking murder machines fighting alone.

I was referring to a potential bit of scenario for why you'd have a force of fanatical women with powerfield clad chainswords and a bunch of death seeking murder machines fighting alone.

... and I was paraphrasing quotes from vaguely analogous historical circumstances in which a dedicated combat formation found itself surrounded by the enemy.

... and I was paraphrasing quotes from vaguely analogous historical circumstances in which a dedicated combat formation found itself surrounded by the enemy.

Fair enough.

Since I've been away from the hobby for so long, I didn't realise the fluff writing had gotten so bad. My brother has promptly caught me upto date. So I agree, just leave all the fluff as is, least we get Grey Knighted, or start fist bumping Necrons, shudders!

Sisters of Batlle were Grey Knighted, just very very dumb way.

There was a time when the Grey Knights deployed to a planet where a bloodthirster was using daemonic nanite technology to drive a planet's pipulation into crazed killers. All that was left on the planet at the time to fight the warp infused killers was a convent of Battle Sisters that were resisting the corruption thanks to their faith and a holy shrine they were guarding.

So the Grey Knights, the only marines in the entirelty of the imperial forces known to be utterly immune to the influence of the warp and daemonic corruption thanks to their genetics, indoctrination, will and unshakable faith landed at the shrine and chose to wipe out all the remaining loyal Sisters and use their blood to make wards on their armour to protect themselves from the corrupting influence that they were already completely immune to...

Luckily, thanks to headcanon, and not bothering to purchase or care about any army books or texts since 4th Edition, that never happened as far as I am concerned! :D

What do I want to see?

Well: I hope that there will be a proper release with plastic Sisters of Battle and all that jazz.

I dream that we will get a dedicated Codex, a la the original Codex: Sisters of Battle.

I fear that there will be little to nothing done at all beyond shoe-horning our armies into a Codex: Agents of the Imperium.

That Grey Knight story never bothered me that much.  I've always just read it as proof that the Grey Knights, like all Marines, are reprobates on the precipice of falling into the most heinous sin and damnation while the Sisters' faith is absolute and unshakable, even in the face of the greatest horrors of the Immaterium.

It'd have made more sense for the Grey Knigths to use the Sisters of Battle's blood to consecrate their weapons because the daemonic threat was too mighty for their regular blessings to work as intended rather than their armor, since apparently, according to some Black Library novel of which title I never remember, holy ammunition such as psybolts requires anointment in righteous blood to gain their powers over daemons, and who is more righteous than the Adepta Sororitas?

As for keywords, the Sisters of Battle are the one "main" faction I expect not to have ones for each specific subfaction.

As for keywords, the Sisters of Battle are the one "main" faction I expect not to have ones for each specific subfaction.

Sororitas wont even be one of the main faction at the start of 8th, rather Sororitas will a subfaction of Imperial Agents.

I'm pretty confident we'll be:

Imperium > Imperial Agents > Adepta Sororitas

So some leaks over in the Shooting Phase rumours thread seem to show that you can now run and fire Assault weapons in the same turn, albeit with a -1 to hit penalty. That sounds pretty nice for units that make use of a number of Flamers and might just help Dominions get into half range with their Meltaguns if you're willing to take the gamble.

That would be very nice if it is true. Storm bolters still not worth takin unless in mass imo. If it true, I wouldn't be surprised if heavy flamers get bumped down to heavy.

Getting annoyed at the waiting now.

I'm hoping we keep our command squads ability to just take whatever the HFIL we want.

Poweraxe and heavy bolter?

Powerlance and Melta

Flamer and Combi-Flamer!

So judging by the article on Warhammer Fest we should be getting datasheets for the Repressor in the upcoming Index: Forces of the Adeptus Astartes book from Forgeworld. Despite the title, the book seems to cover the Sisters and Inquisition's units as well as those of the Space Marines.

Archived