Hello Raven Guard!

This is Veteran Sergeant Arnd Kyvus, 7th squad, 3rd Company (WIP). He is the FIRST member of my coming Raven Guard army. It will start out as an allied force for my 6k Blood Angels army, eventually becoming its own army. I've come to love the Raven Guard and Corax through my first few audio dramas and stories. I own and have read everything about the Raven Guard that Black Library has published or put out on audio. I can only claim that for two other chapters, Blood Angels, and Crimson Fists smile.png .... So lore-wise I know quite a bit about the Raven Guard going from the Heresy to current 40k times. Absolutely love them, and their strategic outlook, tactics, chapter culture, views and values, etc.

This is sort of a big deal for me because since I started the hobby a few years ago I've always prided myself on being a one army owner and player, Blood Angels. I've finally found something else that I really like and want to play!

I hang out on the Blood Angel forum a lot, but I will be keeping up on this one too!

gallery_81299_12568_32322.jpg

gallery_81299_12568_24057.jpg

gallery_81299_12568_10336.jpg

I'm still working on him, hes around 85% finished so far.

Welcome to the Ravenspire!

That's a great pose, excellent use of the DC legs thumbsup.gif

Looking forward to more ... like a Land Raider laugh.png

What is it with you and Land Raiders? biggrin.png

Haha!  Seriously, it's a giant, relatively expensive, model and powerful within the game ( at least by most editions).  It's more challenging to construct and to paint (imo).  So, it's another level of dedication to own one.

It's like an achievement.

Close Race, those legs are from the BA Tactical box. I had some extras lying in my bits box ;)

Land Raider? Hah I wish I knew for sure the details of how I'm going to build my Raven Guard force? The shadow of 8th edition sorta puts everything on ice. I know going forward my first priority for my Raven Guard will be to be a viable allied force to my Blood Angels. After that objective is met, then I will begin building them as a stand-alone second army.

I do like the looks of Raven Guard vehicles. All black with the steel and the white chapter logo, pure sexy! Plus I kinda like doing things differently at times, and having a small mechanized Raven Guard force, as based on 7th, is thinking differently with them! I play in a more relaxed meta so I can go rule of cool > power gaming no problem.

I'm looking forward to what chapter tactics my Blood Angels and Raven Guard will get going into 8th. I'd like to see more deep board infiltrate ability. Also very curious on what stats they give Chapter Master Shrike?

Lastly, like probably most, I find Chaplain Cordae very likable. Any advice on where I can find a bird beaked helm, or bit to add to an existing chaplain miniature to re-create him? I was thinking of the classic resin jump pack chaplain with the crozius and bolt pistol.

Great to be here.

Like that guy a lot but the eyes need to pop. They are a bit muted but need to be angry red like the shoulder trim or purity seal edge highlight.

What are your Raven Guard plans for 8th? biggrin.png

Thanks. I used the white scar with bloodletter glaze technique for the eyes. I'd like to make them brighter, but also I think the lighting was downplaying it a bit?

With 8th edition looming I'm unsure of the details, but I know my first goal in building my Raven Guard will be to serve as an allied force to my Blood Angels. Once they can do that then I will begin building them in order to stand on their own as my second army.

With 8th, it looks like vehicles will be "stronger" from a certain point of view.  If Formations go the way of the Dodo, then a Land Raider may actually be a worthy investment into some lists.

Did you mean Korvydae (the dude from FW)?  I've never seen a bird helm that wasn't converted or made from green-stuff.  I mean, there is a dude in the LotD range that has a cool MkVI helm.  I think Anvil Industries has a winged MKVI-ish helm.  There is the Shadow Force Captain model with a winged MkVII helm.  Finally, the Ravenwing box has a MK VI helm with wings on the ears that I'm partial too.

Close Race, those legs are from the BA Tactical box. I had some extras lying in my bits box msn-wink.gif

Land Raider? Hah I wish I knew for sure the details of how I'm going to build my Raven Guard force? The shadow of 8th edition sorta puts everything on ice. I know going forward my first priority for my Raven Guard will be to be a viable allied force to my Blood Angels. After that objective is met, then I will begin building them as a stand-alone second army.

I do like the looks of Raven Guard vehicles. All black with the steel and the white chapter logo, pure sexy! Plus I kinda like doing things differently at times, and having a small mechanized Raven Guard force, as based on 7th, is thinking differently with them! I play in a more relaxed meta so I can go rule of cool > power gaming no problem.

I'm looking forward to what chapter tactics my Blood Angels and Raven Guard will get going into 8th. I'd like to see more deep board infiltrate ability. Also very curious on what stats they give Chapter Master Shrike?

Lastly, like probably most, I find Chaplain Cordae very likable. Any advice on where I can find a bird beaked helm, or bit to add to an existing chaplain miniature to re-create him? I was thinking of the classic resin jump pack chaplain with the crozius and bolt pistol.

Great to be here.

http://anvilindustry.co.uk/Exo-Lords/Heads-helmets-crests/Raven-Helmet

How they look painted.... totally unbiased example.

http://i.imgur.com/aRS0Kno.jpg

With 8th, it looks like vehicles will be "stronger" from a certain point of view.  If Formations go the way of the Dodo, then a Land Raider may actually be a worthy investment into some lists.

Did you mean Korvydae (the dude from FW)?  I've never seen a bird helm that wasn't converted or made from green-stuff.  I mean, there is a dude in the LotD range that has a cool MkVI helm.  I think Anvil Industries has a winged MKVI-ish helm.  There is the Shadow Force Captain model with a winged MkVII helm.  Finally, the Ravenwing box has a MK VI helm with wings on the ears that I'm partial too.

No, although he is a very nice looking option for a Captain. I was talking about the Raven Guard Chaplain character from George Mann's Raven Guard stories. He has a Roc skull worked into his helm. I would like something like that for my RG Chaplain?

Updated. He is finished with Assault marking, and squad number marking. Only the chapter icon to add on his left once I get the RG decal sheet from FW. I know he is a veteran sergeant without the white arms, I sorta build that into his background. Very skilled killer and sergeant, does a great job training new marines in his assault squad, also a close friend of the new chapter master .... somehow he gets away with it ;) arguing that it doesn't make sense. Rumor has it he is even deadlier than the company champion ;)

gallery_81299_12568_77704.jpg

Archived