Consul Librarian on Jetbike/Skyhunter Jetbike

June Complete
Librarian on Bike/Consul on Jetbike/Skyhunter
gallery_62972_9848_897236.jpg
gallery_62972_9848_746950.jpg
gallery_62972_9848_754264.jpg
gallery_62972_9848_1044958.jpg

The twin bolter option is so I can run him in 40k as a Librarian on Bike... :blush.:

Eventually, I'd like to expand my list with some Skyhunters and Outriders. One day...

• 2 months later...

Dreadnought Drop Pod WIP

September

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of September pledge to complete 1x Dreadnought Drop Pod by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_56550.jpeg

To do:

• Align as best as I can...
  • Move to completion

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Rapier WIP

Just a tease of what I'm up to this month. No idea how useful quad mortars are in 30k these days...

November

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of November pledge to complete 2x Rapier Carrier by month's end.

gallery_62972_9848_776645.jpg

To do:
  • Build, paint, complete

Edited by Jolemai

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Termite WIP

Thought June was a good idea to clear a 30k unit out of my backlog. No idea how viable it is in 30k but I love the model so...

June

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of June pledge to complete 1 x Termite by month's end.

med_gallery_62972_9848_1093846.jpg

To do:

• Build, paint, complete.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was pretty much perfect tbh. Only the doors needed a bit of work and that would have been necessary if I had modelled them closed. Newer FW stuff is very, very good in my experience. 

And :thanks:Not entirely sure when I'm going to use it though...

• 1 month later...

I was asked elsewhere about the sponson interchangeability, so incase anyone on here is interested; even though it's a resin tank, some of it can be applied to the new plastics from what I've seen of the sprues:

IMG_20220903_141004624.thumb.jpg.7b1ccac43cd817f37cf9506a75c61168.jpg

2x1 magnets in the red lugs and gun where the peg would go through. Bottom cable is glued at the gun and remains loose to keep it slightly flexible. The drawback is the sensor on time doesn't rotate with the gun.

IMG_20220903_140845600.thumb.jpg.d753f90e52519576008fe47534cd935b.jpgIMG_20220903_140918302.thumb.jpg.1e58966c045e48e55c85d449cf59f80f.jpg

This was done for the previous edition when you could run the tank without sponsons. Also allows the gun to rotate vertically.

• 4 weeks later...

Had my first game of the new system last night. We kept it simple by going with 1000 points, no Rite of War, no LoW/Primarchs, but it still took us ages having to (re)learn the system and find where everything was. I used stuff I don't normally run in 30k and tried to keep it somewhat simple...

Unsurprisingly, I took IXth Legion:

• Cataphractii Centurion
  • 1x20 Tactical with Apoethecary
  • 1x10 Tactical
  • 1x5 TSS (chargers) with Rhino
  • Quad Launcher
  • Contemptor in Dreadpod

Opponent was IIIrd Legion:

• Cataphractii Warmonger
  • 2x10 Tactical
  • 1x5 TSS (plasma)
  • 1x5 Seekers
  • Dreadnought
  • Sicaran Battle Tank

Mission was Dominion with an Ambush deployment map. I was the attacker, but they went first having seized. For the most part, we did everything correct...

Highlights included my Dreadnought exploding the Sicaran on arrival (gravis multi-melta), then pummeling his Warlord in the following turn, before finally succumbing to massed bolt and chain weaponry. My Warlord whiffed his chainfist attacks twice on his Dreadnought before being swatted. I managed to forget to use my quad launcher for three turns and on the fourth when I remembered, its first shot scattered 12" onto one of my units :blush::laugh: Final score was EC 10:9 BA.

Fun game and I should be playing the AL chap in my group on Sunday - so I get to revise the rules before then and "teach it". Need to double check on reactions as they seem quite powerful so I wonder if we were doing them correctly...

7 minutes ago, Jolemai said:

Need to double check on reactions as they seem quite powerful so I wonder if we were doing them correctly...

This is an ongoing discussion in the HH section - in my view they are unbalanced at small games like this, and are balanced at 3k pts+. At 3k, maybe 3/15 units of yours get to react each turn, however as you see if you dont scale back reactions, you each have 5-6 units and you get 4 reactions per turn with the warlord trait, so potentially 60% of your army reacting each turn. At 1k, I'd have the discussion to limit it to 1 reaction per phase, or one reaction per unit per turn. 

Great to see a nice close game - the loss of a big tank to a single shot is just as painful as ever - lost my 400pt kratos to a stray single lascannon recently. Hurts as much as in 6th ed. 

Aye, was reading about that afterwards. Perhaps I'll suggest something to my group going forward as we learn what's going on. As for the tank, he thought he'd lost the game when it exploded :laugh:

Had another practice game last night, this time against AL. 1000 points, no Rite of War, No LoW/Primarch. We played the first mission (Blood Feud?). My list was similar to above, but with some tweaks:

• Cataphractii Centurion
  • 1x20 Tactical with Apoethecary
  • 1x10 Tactical with Rhino
  • 1x5 Scouts
  • 2x Quad Launcher
  • Contemptor in Dreadpod

AL took:

• Dynat
  • 2x10 Tacticals
  • 2x Contemptors
  • Sicaran Arcus

Game was much smoother having relearned most of the rules. It is such a polished game and BRB :wub: Highlights included my Contemptor popping the Arcus on the turn he arrived (getting a reputation if he keeps this up!), both Warlords killing each other in combat, and his Contemptors sweeping two units and killing my Contemptor in one assault phase (which basically tipped the game in his favour). Game ended AL 4:3 BA, his last model, a Contemptor, had 1W remaining. Looking forward to whenever my next game is, but likely keeping it small for now.

With the Primary Objective for this mission, I chose Dreadnought and he chose Infantry. Do Characters count towards the Infantry limit and does it matter if they are attached to a group when they die or not?

I'm currently making some more 40k infantry for my BAs and one of them is in 28mm Heroic Mk VI:

IMG_20221018_003107430.jpg

IMG_20221018_003100419.jpg

It's from the OOP BA Tactical set, however, they don't give you Mk VI pads or a backpack, so I've had to improvise (I think the sculped Mk VI pad is from either the SG box). It's not bad for a tester and the ideas here I may carry forward to other 30k stuff if need be one day.