What Chapters would you like to see the return of?

I'm seriously contemplating Rainbow Warriors, I've had so many stop start attempts at making them over the years and can see a ton of potential for them.

What happened to these guys anyway? A sister once shot one of them in an old artwork, they lost their chapter master in the Blood Star campaign and apparently all information on their homeworld of Prism is "record deleted."

War Hawks might be nice as well.

Wow, even the fanfiction-happy warhammer40k wikia has nothing on these guys. Talk about obscure. biggrin.png

I'm seriously contemplating Rainbow Warriors, I've had so many stop start attempts at making them over the years and can see a ton of potential for them.

What happened to these guys anyway? A sister once shot one of them in an old artwork, they lost their chapter master in the Blood Star campaign and apparently all information on their homeworld of Prism is "record deleted."

War Hawks might be nice as well.

Wow, even the fanfiction-happy warhammer40k wikia has nothing on these guys. Talk about obscure. biggrin.png

The Rainbow Warriors haven't really been touched on much since Rogue Trader and I kind of like the idea that so little is known. For me it'd be a self indulgent nostalgia trip. :D

I think the War Hawks were destroyed by the black legion along with the Venerators if I remember rightly. Black Legion or Khorne I think?

Don't you DARE !!!!biggrin.png

med_gallery_70257_8438_222209.jpg

:D

Just saw that mate! :D

I think if I was not going to do a chapter you've not covered so far I'd be hard pressed to do so! :D

Maybe the Star Leopards? That is a really old chapter I shouldn't think most would remember.

- Mentor Legion need to be given some love - they're one of the most likely chapters to take on such new upgrades.

- Howling Griffons would be nice to see as a mainstay Astartes chapter, too.

Ah, Mentor Legion. That would be great trip down Memory Lane. Still love that WD Art where they armor up a battle brother!

Also think the Executors and the Mantis Warriors could do fine after (if?) they return from their penitentiary crusades.

Celestial Lions, using NuMarines to get revenge on the Inquisition, then falling entirely to chaos in the process. :)

HOW DARE YOU.

But?! Here I was thinking, how rad would that be?! Not a fan of this turn of events then, I gather.

Tzeentch wants a fellow frater aligned with the other dark forces we do not mention (read Disney) to offer you that Star Wars book arrangement you always wanted, under the condition of writing that rad piece beforehand ;)

aaaand I will see myself out, thank you.

I think you should do some RW. If and when a multipart kit comes out I may add some here and there . The starter box ones pads are molded to the arms and torsos. And I can not play with a knife no more due to arthritis in my hands .

If the Imperium had a sense of humour, they would recreate the Astral & Tiger Claw Chapters as part of the Ultima Founding (UF) and sic them on the Red Corsairs.

I might just have to do this, now.  If only for an excuse to paint something in those schemes.

The only reference to the Rainbow Warriors I've seen in recent years is mention of Thousand Sons fighting on Prism during the Heresy in FW's Retribution

Games Workshop probably wants to avoid controversy regarding a political movement that uses the rainbow as a symbol.

Oh man, I really hope that isn't the case - come on GeeDubs, I'm not gonna get my gay everywhere rolleyesclean.gif

Games Workshop probably wants to avoid controversy regarding a political movement that uses the rainbow as a symbol.

Oh man, I really hope that isn't the case - come on GeeDubs, I'm not gonna get my gay everywhere rolleyesclean.gif

With the maturity we came to expect from the Millennials (which is none), Games Workshop will start a storm of feces if the company takes any stance for or against that political movement. One need only look at how the "Gamergate" controversy is presented in social media, to know how bad the storm is.

With the maturity we came to expect from the Millennials (which is none), Games Workshop will start a storm of feces if the company takes any stance for or against that political movement. One need only look at how the "Gamergate" controversy is presented in social media, to know how bad the storm is.

By continuing to provide support for a faction that already has a long history with Games Workshop? If anything, the Rainbow Warriors are a tongue-in-cheek reference to Greenpeace, and have no association with pride.

Also, hi, I'm IHF and I'm 22, so therefore constitute part of the despotic mass of Millennials who are the inevitable cause of all the world's problems. Don't tar us all with the same brush based on an outspoken minority who can tenuously even be consigned to our age group, especially considering that we're probably the least socially conservative demographic - it's not us who'd cause a ruckus.

You do realize they're named "Rainbow Warriors" after a North American Native myth\legend, right?

I find this development a bit bittersweet. On the one hand we could see the return of several Chapters lost over the millennia - I love the idea of restoring the 50 lost to the Abyssal Crusade in one fell swoop - and this time maybe providing a bit more detail than just a name or paint scheme.

On the other hand I fear the loss of some of the lesser lights before their time. We already know that none of the 'big boys' are going away, so that has me worried for the likes of the Howling Griffins, Sons of Medusa, etc.

These two chapters were never really destroyed per se, but, aside from one short story and a single mention in a book they've hardly been heard of since. I'd like to see the return of the Grief Bringers and the Terror Tigers.

Only if they keep their given colour scheme:

"The colour scheme of the Grief Bringers is described as "principally a sickly pea-green, with engrailed chevrons of headachey purple."

That will make your eyes water! :-) God knows what Watson envisaged for the Terror Tigers. Love the name though.

I'd imagine the Astartes Praeses probably took a considerable beating during recent events surrounding the Eye of Terror, so I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of those Chapters which have never really been explored appear as Primaris Chapters, having been wiped out by the forces of Abaddon

There are parts of the fluff that GW/BL have kept vague over the years, some for quite valid reasons like the fate of the missing legions. However, keeping quiet about the names of their frontline units around the Eye of Terror surely isn't one of them. Let's hope we get more detail in the new fluff.

There are parts of the fluff that GW/BL have kept vague over the years, some for quite valid reasons like the fate of the missing legions. However, keeping quiet about the names of their frontline units around the Eye of Terror surely isn't one of them. Let's hope we get more detail in the new fluff.

Yeah I love stuff like the Astartes Praeses, but to be honest some of that comes from the vagueness - admittedly, with 20 Chapters, 7 of which we don't even know the names of, there's room to detail a few members of the Astartes Praeses without really detracting from this vagueness.

Personally, I love the idea that there might be some symbolism to the fact that they consist of 20 Chapters - ghosts of the Legions of old set to guard their shame. Plus, quite a few are 2nd founding (okay, the Relictors & Subjugators aren't, but whose to say that they're replacements for extinct Chapters), and with the Forge World Heresy series hinting that some 2nd Founding Chapters aren't necessarily drawn from the geneseed of Legions which stayed loyal, there are some intriguing possibilities.

With the new details of 8th Edition, I've been increasingly considering starting a Brothers Penitent force with some hints towards them being formed from a Loyalist element of a Traitor Legion - with that name, a Chapter whose duty it is to guard against the sins of their turncoat father, as punishment for their very existence seems super fun.

I do wonder whether the upcoming Black Legion will shine some light on when the Astartes Praeses were assembled - with the Templars being the only Chapter guarding the Eye at the commencement of the 1st Black Crusade, it would indicate they might have been instituted in response to it - which also begs the question of why the Templars' aren't among their number?

I do wonder whether the upcoming Black Legion will shine some light on when the Astartes Praeses were assembled - with the Templars being the only Chapter guarding the Eye at the commencement of the 1st Black Crusade, it would indicate they might have been instituted in response to it - which also begs the question of why the Templars' aren't among their number?

'The Talon of Horus' implies Sigismund died dueling Abaddon himself. I presume his last order was for the Templars to hunt down and eliminate the Black Legionnaires trespassing the Emperor's realm, and his successors interpreted that order in a way that transformed the Black Templars from a garrison Chapter to a crusading one.

I will be doing any Primaris I pick up as reinforcements for my Celestial Lions, but I'm surprised to see anyone thinking they would turn around and go full tilt against the Inquisition then traitor? They seem really similar in mind set to the Salamanders when it comes to Imperial citizens so it would take a pretty major twist for me to see them turn on the Imperium abruptly plus their ties with the Black Templars after Armageddon would probably see Ekene on the receiving end of a whooping from those guys that gave him that shiny new (really old) gear. ;)

Archived