What Chapters would you like to see the return of?

I don't mind a bit of vagueness in the setting either, but just naming them (without any other details) would be vague enough for me. With the fall of Cadia and the birth of the great rift I have a feeling that all the Praeses Chapters will have taken a huge hit and need a Primaris top up.

Logic would say that the Praeses would have been set up in response to the 1st Black Crusade, which would make the originals all 2nd Founding Chapters or 3rd, since the fluff says they were founded to guard the EoT - something that can be interpreted several ways. Chapters founded later would be replacements for originals no longer able to fulfil their role (high casualty rates or annihilation).

At least that's how my headcanon sees it ;-)

I don't mind a bit of vagueness in the setting either, but just naming them (without any other details) would be vague enough for me. With the fall of Cadia and the birth of the great rift I have a feeling that all the Praeses Chapters will have taken a huge hit and need a Primaris top up.

Logic would say that the Praeses would have been set up in response to the 1st Black Crusade, which would make the originals all 2nd Founding Chapters or 3rd, since the fluff says they were founded to guard the EoT - something that can be interpreted several ways. Chapters founded later would be replacements for originals no longer able to fulfil their role (high casualty rates or annihilation).

At least that's how my headcanon sees it ;-)

Reading the novel Calgar's Fury, it seems that many of the Chapters of the Adeptus Praeses were involved in the Abyssal Crusade, rendering the whole endeavour hopeless. :(

Does 8th jump the timeline forward to after the penitent crusades undertaken by the executioners, mantis warriors and lamentors following the badab war are due to end?

If not old RG could just call an end to the punishment rather than waste valuable resources and reinforce them with primus marines.

My heart sung as I read this thread. I would love for the Lamenters to survive their pentitence crusade and carry on. If their salvation required participation in the primaris business, I could live with that development.

I would also like to lobby for the Soul Drinkers.

Archived