Grey Knights Showcase Threads

Valerian

Beautiful. Does the extra high on the bases mean that you get shot more? Was thinking on modelling an NKD on one knee shooting...

It really depends on the terrain your playing with. The smallest terrain piece that can block 50% or more of my vehicle's can totally cover the height of a landraider, so my NDKs can still gain that cover bonus while on higher base - while the smaller infantry wall pieces wouldnt give them any bonus even if they were on that standard base...So for table...It's all the same in the end.

The leg of the NDKs is all in one piece though, so I'd say it would be quite a challenge to actually make them bend like that...But inherently awesome as well since I've never seen one that articulated in posture!

Those poses are absolutely amazing skinomyteeth!

If I may be so bold: drilling out the storm bolters would add just that little extra to the realism. Not sure if I'm being presumptive, but the models shown all seem to be undrilled. Maybe you've done that afterwards though!

The other armies look splendid as well. I've decided to start a small army of GK next to my Dark Angels. I love the look and feel of the army, and it's different to the shooty Dark Angels. I dislike hordes and very much enjoy magic users, so it would have to be Thousand Sons or Grey Knights. Since I'm loyalist to the bone (and a friend of mine is contemplating Thousand Sons as his next army) I've bitten the bullet and ordered the codex with the HQ's in resin (Draigo, Crowd and Stern) just to get the GW webshop only items out of the way. The rest I tend to buy at my local gaming store if I can help it.

I'll be lurking here most of the time, but may pop up with a comment now and then :)

Where are those Iron Halo's from on the NDKs Walking Dreamer? I've seen them before but I can't place them. Seem like an excellent bit indeed to represent the GM upgrade.

From the Nemesis Warding Staff I think. Not sure, I've only been looking at the sprues today :) .

Where are those Iron Halo's from on the NDKs Walking Dreamer? I've seen them before but I can't place them. Seem like an excellent bit indeed to represent the GM upgrade.

From the Nemesis Warding Staff I think. Not sure, I've only been looking at the sprues today :) .

Correct. Might add some more accessories from spare GK bits.