Summer Campaign - Fate of Konor

PeaceCraft

This makes me wonder if managers can/have been skewing results?

Pretty sure they have. It happens all the time with such events.

Don't think they need to, GW have well and truly stacked the deck for the Imperium with their release schedule.

Glad to see Chaos clawing things back though.

Outrageous. Imperium was winning! Even I went out to record victories and added points through painting >:sad.:

Yeah lol. It was probably a mistake on their part that they'll fix though. Their FB page is already being hit with complaints.

They realize that literally everyone can view the results page on mobile and screenshot it right? Recommend you guys do that if you want. Its evidence in case they tamper with the results.

Edited by DogWelder

They realize that literally everyone can view the results page on mobile and screenshot it right? Recommend you guys do that if you want. Its evidence in case they tamper with the results.

It's not really evidence for anything. They could just say that the graphic was bugged and Chaos won by points if they want to. ^^

It's not really evidence for anything. They could just say that the graphic was bugged and Chaos won by points if they want to. ^^

Exactly right. Anything is possible, including - and, most likely - simple human error. Like, the intern put the Imperium and Chaos percentages in the wrong cells in the spreadsheet. Etc. 

In which case I hope they at least admit they made an error and make an effort to fix this for week 6.

Though if it really was match-fixing, I'm a bit insulted that they chose to do it in such an obvious manner. At least try to make it look believable :tongue.:

Edited by DogWelder

Ah I see. Oh well whats done is done.

One final nitpick in the lore entry though: 

'At Terebral Station Sigma, the forces of Chaos launched furious assaults against the Imperial occupiers, while enginseers tried in vain to enact the machine-rituals necessary to sabotage the fusion drill, chanting desperate prayers to the Omnissiah as they worked. It was too late even for such desperate measures. A cabal of Chaos Sorcerers channelled the aura of savagery and carnage rippling across Drenthal, and tore open a wound in reality, spilling Daemons into the cavernous drill chamber. In an orgy of bloodshed, the enginseer work crews were slaughtered, and the destruction of Drenthal averted. The ocean world would make a fine staging point for the ongoing assault upon Ultramar.'

....why? I have limited knowledge of astrophysics but wouldn't destroying such a relatively large planet like Drenthal situated just one orbit away from the major planets like Astaramis, Konor and Nethamus have catastrophic consequences on those planets due to changes in magnetic field, asteroid impacts, apocalyptic changes in weather patterns etc. ?

Seems like the logical thing to do for chaos would be to just let the Imperials blow up the planets since that would cause system-wide catastrophe. And for the Imperials to let the forces of chaos have the planet so they could come back for it later when the war is done.

Edited by DogWelder

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/fate-of-konor-update-chaos-win-on-drenthal/

Despite a much improved showing from the Imperium – resulting in them actually pulling ahead in terms of overall victories – thanks to the efforts of players in the UK and the Rest of the World region – Chaos managed to maintain a hold on 2 out of the 3 locations, thus claiming a win on objectives (we’ve all been there!)

The final week of the campaign dawns – here, the Fate of Konor will be truly decided. The winner on Loebos will win the entire campaign, and with both sides making strong showings, it’s impossible to say at this stage who will win. For this extra-special campaign week, we’re giving you a little extra time to battle, and you’ll have until the morning of Monday the 11th of September to play and submit your results – after which, we’ll be announcing the final victor.

I think it's pretty apparent GW 'fudged the numbers' as a way of trying to cover up how lopsided the campaign was always going to be from the start with just how many Imperial players there are, coupled with Xenos being able to lump even more victories on top of those. By giving Chaos a couple of victories they can handwave any complaints as "But look! They won this one/two! It proves if they tried harder they could've won!" 

Ah I see. Oh well whats done is done.

One final nitpick in the lore entry though: 

'At Terebral Station Sigma, the forces of Chaos launched furious assaults against the Imperial occupiers, while enginseers tried in vain to enact the machine-rituals necessary to sabotage the fusion drill, chanting desperate prayers to the Omnissiah as they worked. It was too late even for such desperate measures. A cabal of Chaos Sorcerers channelled the aura of savagery and carnage rippling across Drenthal, and tore open a wound in reality, spilling Daemons into the cavernous drill chamber. In an orgy of bloodshed, the enginseer work crews were slaughtered, and the destruction of Drenthal averted. The ocean world would make a fine staging point for the ongoing assault upon Ultramar.'

....why? I have limited knowledge of astrophysics but wouldn't destroying such a relatively large planet like Drenthal situated just one orbit away from the major planets like Astaramis, Konor and Nethamus have catastrophic consequences on those planets due to changes in magnetic field, asteroid impacts, apocalyptic changes in weather patterns etc. ?

Seems like the logical thing to do for chaos would be to just let the Imperials blow up the planets since that would cause system-wide catastrophe. And for the Imperials to let the forces of chaos have the planet so they could come back for it later when the war is done.

It depends on the size of the system, the proximity to planets and the mass of the destroyed object. You'd certainly introduce a shotgun full of debris into the planetary system. It might be interesting to load Konor into Universe Simulator and then blow up Drenthal to see what would happen.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/fate-of-konor-update-chaos-win-on-drenthal/

Despite a much improved showing from the Imperium – resulting in them actually pulling ahead in terms of overall victories – thanks to the efforts of players in the UK and the Rest of the World region – Chaos managed to maintain a hold on 2 out of the 3 locations, thus claiming a win on objectives (we’ve all been there!)

The final week of the campaign dawns – here, the Fate of Konor will be truly decided. The winner on Loebos will win the entire campaign, and with both sides making strong showings, it’s impossible to say at this stage who will win. For this extra-special campaign week, we’re giving you a little extra time to battle, and you’ll have until the morning of Monday the 11th of September to play and submit your results – after which, we’ll be announcing the final victor.

I actually like that they chose to do total control area over total victories. If I own everything but the castle, but you are able to repel most of my attacks, I think it's safe to say overall I've won. So long as I completed the most important objective, the castle doesn't matter.

Meh. The campaign was rigged in the beginning, is it any surprise it is rigged at the end? After the 13th Black Crusade upset, the good folks at GW are not going to make the same mistake twice.

Don't worry Imperial players. Loebos is going to get blown up and the scripted 'Imperium barely squeaks out a win' outcome will occur. It is your turn to win a global campaign, after all :P