Summer Campaign - Fate of Konor

PeaceCraft

We shouldn't forget that even tho this is one of the big 40k forums, the people who actually read the forums regularly are only a rather small part of the playerbase and the ones who are actively posting are even less. So just because most active member here realized what's going on and don't feel like taking part in it (which isn't completely true even) doesn't mean that the rest of the 40k player is like that as well. :wink:

Really enjoying the xenos element contributing to the campaign- being able to influence a side by detracting points from the other is really fun.   

Looks like Chaos may have the scoring edge in Mission #2.

Depends on the army / make up of the army.  If you can dig in to defenses and soak up wounds with improved cover and things like that it's ideal.-- the attacker's end goal is kill points.  If you can dig in like a tick on a dog, (which marines generally can, albeit some better than others) this will be a relatively easy way to accrue points for the chaos faction this week.  One of the new strategems for the event essentially gives a feel no pain mechanic for infantry units with a certain save.   I played a doubles game against daemons today- and the defender specific strategems didn't seem to help them at all; again army and makeup mean a lot in this campaign.  
Edited by The_Chaplain

One of the new strategems for the event essentially gives a feel no pain mechanic for infantry units with a certain save.  

Which one does that?  For mission 2 I see one that gives +1 to regular save for units charging, and one that gives a cover save (so +1 to regular save) to a unit targeting in the shooting phase, specifically not useable by units already in cover.

Is anyone actually so excited about this campaign? 

I am! I'm actually playing games again at the FLGS. I haven't played a game in over 10 years, and it feels great to get back into it. And I know there's a lot of other people who feel that way, how do I know that? Because I played against them and we had a great time. 

Looks like Chaos may have the scoring edge in Mission #2.

Depends on the army / make up of the army.  If you can dig in to defenses and soak up wounds with improved cover and things like that it's ideal.-- the attacker's end goal is kill points.  If you can dig in like a tick on a dog, (which marines generally can, albeit some better than others) this will be a relatively easy way to accrue points for the chaos faction this week.  One of the new strategems for the event essentially gives a feel no pain mechanic for infantry units with a certain save.   I played a doubles game against daemons today- and the defender specific strategems didn't seem to help them at all; again army and makeup mean a lot in this campaign.  

Let's just say that we can be lucky Chaos is the defender instead of Imperium. Trying to dig out AM would be really annoying, tho I guess we'll have to expect a bunch of Terminator and Jump Pack reserves coming right at us so Cultist screens will be very important.

Edited by sfPanzer

A victory for the Imperium. 

Ultramarines fought alongside a "Blood Scars" company (Blood Angels models using White Scars rules) against the Word Bearers (very fitting) with Jaghatai Khan killing BOTH the Sorcerer AND the Chaos Lord! 

Lord Commander Guilliman commands his Ultramarines while Jaghatai (the blonde) commands his bike squads alongside a Stormseer:

20621915_1591124374239572_78411445587043

20604223_1591125174239492_63239968597792

The Word Bearers bring the full might of a Chaos Warhound on Konor:

20476561_1591124850906191_10508505392667

Jaghatai Kills the Chaos Lord (he is the blonde one, while alongside him is a Bike Sergeant):

20615822_1591124490906227_81433926909434

First time I ever tried playing the vanilla Space Marine army, and I must say it was quite enjoyable! Specially as the Khan plays the same way my Craftworld Wyldroth leader do - by hunting down HQs.

Ran

OK week two my Adepta Sosoritas went 1-1, lost 10-11 against Blood Angels but won 5-3 against Chaos Marines (Thousand Sons). Overall 6-1 for the Campaign. I must say that both 8th Edition and this Konor Campaign have sparked a lot of WH40K gaming at the store, as well as old players returning, and new players buying into and building armies. I tell all those young kids I will play any point level and I have no problems with you asking questions.

As for the campaign itself I am really looking forward to what more it has in store. This new mission is a lot of fun.

I haven't had much of a chance to play during the campaign, but I have been painting like crazy! I have plans to finally finish painting my Blood Angels for this campaign.  Completed 3 intercessor squads, hellblasters, gravis captain, lieutenants and regular captain in week 1.

So far for week 2 I've painted a primaris ancient, and I'm almost done a vanguard vets squad.  Then 2 furioso dreads for the rest of the week.

For the Emperor!

You can check out my painted figures, I posted them to the site.

At least it was a bit closer this time. The next weeks will be a lot more interesting thanks to the CSM Codex.

I suppose so. Though the theme is vehicles so Im not sure which way it will swing.

I'd say helbrutes have pretty good chances to wreck loyalists. ;)

At least it was a bit closer this time. The next weeks will be a lot more interesting thanks to the CSM Codex.

I suppose so. Though the theme is vehicles so Im not sure which way it will swing.

I'd say helbrutes have pretty good chances to wreck loyalists. :wink:

Painting vehicles also gives you double points so I think we have to consider new vehicle models people will be buying. Theres the new grav tank fro the SM players. Is there anything new for Chaos in terms of vehicles people are excited for?

I'd say helbrutes have pretty good chances to wreck loyalists. :wink:

Painting vehicles also gives you double points so I think we have to consider new vehicle models people will be buying. Theres the new grav tank fro the SM players. Is there anything new for Chaos in terms of vehicles people are excited for?

Yeah the Repulsor and Redemptor will rack some points in, but I don't think it will be that much. They are quite expensive after all.

And no, we obviously don't have any new vehicles on our own. Death Guard would get one...but I doubt it will be during this weeks mission.

I see. As a loyalist player I don't have much motivation for this weeks campaign since it has a very weak narrative. The planet of Konor was half the reason for this whole event in the first place since it was a major planet of Ultramar since the Heresy and there was just an Imperial Victory there. The rest of the worlds were just made up for this campaign and Nethamus, which is what we have in the following week is a random agri-world with a ketchup packet's worth of lore. Still going to participate since I want the victory to be as complete as possible but definitely not as much as I did for Week 1 and 2. 

Well who says the next mission won't be on Konor again? You don't just leave a target be if you fail to achieve your goal once. ^^

I believe its called cutting your losses ;) A lesson the Black Legion learned during the Ultramar Campaign.

If you are being serious though, they confirmed it was a different planet every week on the site.