Dark Angels v Thousand Sons demo game warhammer TV

SnakeChisler

So was looking forward to seeing this and getting a handle on how things were going to go with 8th

1st off they didn't point up but used power levels (sigh) then did a custom narrative mission where you had to roll for reserves (double sigh).

Dark Angels list was a nice mix of units some troops bikes tank razorback and a dread as well as Belial Chaplain & Deathwing Knights & Dark Talon sort of thing you field at a club game.

Thousand sons list was Magnus rubic marines a helldrake and a hellbrute

To be honest I stopped paying attention after he said Magnus and got on with my painting just glancing at it occasionally.

Helldrake charged T1 and has a decent combat ability basically tied up the Razorback then the dread in combat also gets re-gen a wound per game turn & a 5+ invun.

Belial dropped down with Deathwing Knights then Magnus appeared in the next turn and Mortal wounded the whole unit wasn't really paying attention to how it was done but the Deathwing Knights basically disappeared followed shortly after by Belial neither had a chance to move from their drop position.

Fast forwarded at this point

End game was Magnus on 1 wound Helldrake still buzzing around and DA tabled

I'm not really into apoc and didn't learn anything from the demo game and all it did was reinforce my feeling that Uber powerful models belong in thier own version of 40K (Apoc) because they totally dominate play. The commentators were constantly bigging it up as how you can drive narrative play but all I saw was Magnus comes on Magnus deletes units everyone fires at Magnus.

As a note the game itself must have been fairly even given the end result of 1 wound on Magnus its just the game wasn't really my cup of tea and the Mortal wound mechanic is going to do squat to hordes as that type of army simply can't kill in enough volume.

I'm not surprised. Their battle reports arecalways aimed at telling us how great X oy Y is. I remember when the Dark Eldar codex came out... they wanted to push the Voidraven bomber so they played a custom scenario where the flyers started on the map turn 1...

Also...Magnus charging instead of casting bunch of powers....sad.

Archived