DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle - An Experiment in Flesh and Machine

I really like the new models and additions. For the gaps, there are two fixes you could try. First, I've had some success using matt / gloss hardcoat to fill in gaps. just brush it in straight from the pot. it helps fill in those pesky cracks and once it dries...just prime it up. The other technique is to use miliput and a little water. Roll out a thin sausage and push it in the cracks. The nice thing about miliput is it is much easier to smooth out and file down than green stuff.... and a lot cheaper.

I think the yellow wings are a nice touch! Makes them pop for sure!

Congratulations on the new house (and on the basing kits, too, albeit :censored: that it's for your AT and not your DG :wink:). I did the same thing last year and I can tell yo: it's well worth it. :)

Hey man, most of my Death Guard are already based! I still have some Plague Marines left to do but the bases are in my possession and just waiting.

I was tempted to pull the trigger on a load of Dragonforge bases for my Adeptus Titanicus but I know his backlog is crazy and didn't want to wait forever.

These ones right here:

http://www.dragonforge.com/Painting%20service/for%20sale/base_sets/sci-fi/broken_wasteland.htm

@Eldrick: thanks brother! I'll try milliput next time and see how I do. I'm pretty proud of the wings myself, I don't actually mind working with yellow. Still don't think I could do an entire Imperial Fists army though...

Edited by DuskRaider

It's actually not that bad. It's all to do with even coats and when highlighting just going a little at a time. I experimented a lot when painting my son's House Cadmus Knights which, while done a bit differently, still achieves a nice yellow with a gradient that looks good.

Just thought I'd let you guys know that I went to my FLGS for glue and may or may not have also walked out the door with another box of Warhounds and a box of Cerastus Lancers... which I now want more of. What a treat to assemble.

Pictures!

No, not of Nurglings... come to find out, I never finished the horns / teeth or the eyes and I haven't felt like picking up a brush so they sit *ALMOST* done. 

Nope, tonight is some very WIP photos to show that I'm actually sticking to my guns when it comes to Adeptus Titanicus. And so here are the two Warlord bases:

aHaUFwvh.jpg

5CrhAuCh.jpg

Apologies for the photos not being the best. The second base is still wet, I took it before heading to work. As you can see I've committed to using Epic 40K elements to help convey just how massive these war machines are. It also helps me tie all of my 40K armies together and push them all into yet another element of the Warhammer 40,000 universe. I did run into a minor problem... originally, I only ordered 10 Marines for the bases and the two alone have a combined number of 7 (Praise Nurgle!) alone so I went back and threw an order up for some more along with a Commander and a couple Sergeants. They're inconsequential at the end of the day but I really think they help push the narrative of the army... whether they're taking part in the Manachean Campaign helping take the Coronid Deeps for the Warmaster or on the surface of Molech... or anywhere else, really.

I'll eventually take more photos and obviously I still have to prime these, but I have to finish the rest of the bases first. I do have to say, I LOVE the old Epic buildings. Funny how they're what? 25 years old? And still nicer than the new ones, both in scale and in detail.

Bases? On Dusky's thread? This is this year's Christmas Miracle. ;) 

Just kidding, I know you're actually far along. 

And serisouly: these do look great. Kudo's for going the extra mile and 'scaling the bases down' with the marines. :tu:

Thanks bud! I know, I can't believe I actually worked up the motivation to do it either but last night I just sat down and started carving up the cork board. No rhyme or reason to it. 

I can't take credit for the idea of using Epic Marines, I snagged it from Captain Taelos' wonderful Legio Fureans thread. Doing bases from scratch like this is intimidating to me and I'm trying my best to keep them unique while also tying it all together... we'll see how the rest go. Trying to plot out how I think the rubble should lay on the base and whatnot is nerve wracking IMO, I want it to look natural. It is quite humorous to see how ridiculously tiny the Astartes are to the Titans, though. It's hard to imagine a Legion commanding a Titan Legio when you see just how immense these machines are and especially when you consider just how large some of the Legios were at the time of the Heresy. 

I'll start on the Reaver base tomorrow, I'm starting with the largest and working my way down to the Knights. I'm tempted to pick up more Warhounds and Cerastus as well but I'm using all of my willpower to stop myself so I can complete what I have first before I build upon it. I'll admit, when he new Reaver kit is released I don't think I'll be able to stop myself. 

On another note, I'm miffed after diving more into Epic 30K... there's these amazing Forumware vehicles and especially infantry but I can't find a good source and it seems like one of those things you just don't ask about. All I want it some nicer looking Marines for my bases :dry.:

Edited by DuskRaider

Bases? On Dusky's thread? This is this year's Christmas Miracle. :wink: 

Just kidding, I know you're actually far along. 

And serisouly: these do look great. Kudo's for going the extra mile and 'scaling the bases down' with the marines. :thumbsup:

I had to double check and make sure I was on the right thread myself, Augs.

Bases do look great, though!  :)

Yeah yeah yeah.

I finished four more bases today (Reaver and 3 Warhounds). I have to try and restrain myself from using too many Marines / Legion models on the bases, I don't want to overdo it but I'm having so much fun with it too. I just don't want to dilute the actual Titanicus models and subject itself but I do want to create a story without really using any words and that's what I feel this does.

I'll take some later today after slumbering post-work. I have yet to throw the layer of Astrogranite down but that's only because I was unsure if I wanted to add more Astartes to the bases. At this point I will probably decline to do so, so later I'll slap some of the texture paint on and call them done. I'm not sure if I feel comfortable with using the Land Raiders on two others bases... I have one on the Reaver base and another on one of the Warhound bases but I'm afraid I'm overdoing it and I should remove them. 

Thank you, brother. That's funny,you're the third or fourth person I've heard say they're awaiting Audax rules before diving in. If it makes you feel any better, my Titan Legio has been the poster child of the Traitor forces and doesn't have rules either.

As for hobby or gaming... Well, both really. I have a few other friends who play and supposedly there's a small group who play at my LGS but with what little time I have to actually play it does seem more like a hobby these days and nothing else :/ .

My best friend's Legio (Fureans I guess) is also supposedly sub assembled too and he's waiting to paint... waiting for what I'm unsure but I've been attempting to talk him into joining the eventual event on here to get it done.

I'm hoping to get mine ready for paint soon, the weather here has not been the best for using primer and I'm growing impatient. Once I do get them primed, I may start a few so I can test out my Mortis and Makabius schemes for that scale.

And here we are so far...

As I said earlier, I haven't added the Astrogranite layer yet since I'm not sure if ive over done it with the Land Raiders so I'll need opinions. Too much (eventual) Death Guard stuff? Too little? Just right? Anything else I should add to the bases? Let me know what you think.

cXbUOx6.jpg

UpnFJS0.jpg

PwSAKI5.jpg

pdEHYE3.jpg

Sorry pics aren't the best but I don't see the point of getting fancy for WIP opinion pics.

Last pic, warhound legs on the right - what is that Land Raider doing there? Did it just reverse into that spot, or is it driving insanely fast and close to the warhound's stride while it's semi-tailing it? It looks like either that or the warhound leapfrogged over it, as in my mind the warhound cannot traverse something the height of a Land Raider... 

Thanks for the feedback guys.

The Land Raider is either parked for firing / dispersing Marines or like BCK said it's following closely behind the Warhound. If I were attacking a defended position I'd want the bigger guy in front of me too, lol.

I could redo it to have it destroyed and abandoned too... probably slice it in half at an angle or something.

Last night I officially finished the bases so it's on to getting them ready for paint.

Nothing wrong with having the tanks close to the titans - but I would try to have them face the same direction. But that's just me and my weird OCD ticks talking, hehe.

Anyways - yay to tinyyy titans and tiny tanks!

Edited by Atia