Primaris Dark Angel Showcase

IR0N

These 3 have taken me a about a month to paint! I know I'm not gonna win any golden demon awards any time soon but I had a great time painting these. Hopefully I'll start speeding up my painting soon!!

Got to finish the bloke on the right, His eyes need sorting and the base needs decorating and a few transfers on his right shoulder

sZiRb0V.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finished my first primaris marines earlier today. They still need transfers though. I bought a bunch of primaris in bad shape for cheap. These ones are kinda badly built and missing the plasma cables. They also have holes drilled into their backpacks to make the bases stick :wacko.:

The picture is a bit bright, I try to make better ones once I make a thread for my stuff.

t5E8HeP.jpg

What do you guys think?

Great mate!

Thanks any tips or recommendations?

Not from me man I’m a noob only been painting since the end of January. They look cool so just keep doing what ya doing

@malarki: I think it largely depends on what you’re aiming for paint wise. If you’re going for table top standard, you’re rocking these guys. You have an excellent attention to detail, and have a very clean paint job

If you want to take your paint job to the next level, I recommend giving everything a good healthy wash, to really bring out the depth and details. Contrary to my name, I haven’t painted green power armour in years, so I can’t say for certain what wash to use on your green. I play Angels of Absolution, so everything gets washed in agrax earthshade for me. Agrax on your PA will give you more realistic shadows and make for a dirtier, worn look. Camoshade will give you some nice deep shadows, and mute your highlights a bit. Your choice. I recommend agrax for everything else though- Aquila, bolter, robes, metal, all of it.

Then build up your layers again, then give a final edge highlight and away you go!

Practice, practice, practice. And more pics! You’re doing great so far though malarki!

@malarki: I think it largely depends on what you’re aiming for paint wise. If you’re going for table top standard, you’re rocking these guys. You have an excellent attention to detail, and have a very clean paint job

If you want to take your paint job to the next level, I recommend giving everything a good healthy wash, to really bring out the depth and details. Contrary to my name, I haven’t painted green power armour in years, so I can’t say for certain what wash to use on your green. I play Angels of Absolution, so everything gets washed in agrax earthshade for me. Agrax on your PA will give you more realistic shadows and make for a dirtier, worn look. Camoshade will give you some nice deep shadows, and mute your highlights a bit. Your choice. I recommend agrax for everything else though- Aquila, bolter, robes, metal, all of it.

Then build up your layers again, then give a final edge highlight and away you go!

Practice, practice, practice. And more pics! You’re doing great so far though malarki!

Awesome Thank you I really want to give them more of a worn look so much! These are the battle Hardened Veterans From the Seed of the Lion, I will defently Post some more pictures soon!

The robes currently are washed in Sepia

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so we want to see more Primaris here's mine:

gallery_80561_14623_472290.jpg

Two 5-man intercessor squads split stalker/bolt rifle, 5 Assult plasma Hellblasters, Reivers, Aggressors, Replusor & the Lieutenant. I'm contemplating adding in some Inceptors & the Primaris Captain with power fist.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the (minor) Threadomancy, but I've also got something to show, as I've finished the assembly of the Veteran Sergeant for my normal Hellblasters. He looks quite good leading the squad. Normally I would have made him without a helmet, but I just LOVE the look of the Dark Angels Primaris helmet

IypLeRe.jpg

Archived