St Celestine in 8th

Ishagu

Yeah I'm not sure what the issue is. She can target herself, just like she would have been able to in every previous edition. She meets the requirements, I don't think there's anything there that even remotely suggests she can't target herself for her AoF.

• 2 weeks later...

Had an interesting thing observed. Celestine by herself is a character, no problem. With the twins theyre combined as a unit. Saw a game where it was played that she and the twins could be targeted because they were a unit and not a character.

Are they a character unit that cant be targeted unless closest? Or a unit thats gair game?

My read of it is that the whole unit has the Character keyword - as they are all from one unit "box" and the entire "box" is given the character keyword.

Inquisitor Psychologis Ruminahui

So cannot be targeted unless they are the closest visible unit. Very useful. Always put Seraphim between Celestine and the enemy.

Or RAW just have any squad on the table be slightly closer. As far as I've read, there's no distinction towards a lone character being able to be targeted when a group is closer still..even if the character is across the table and on the opposite side of the shooter. 

A quick question about the geminae resurrection... so, if Celestine is in melee is imposible to resurrect a Geminae, right? Neither if i put her farther than 1" of the enemy? :/

Maybe sounds silly, but im a N00b :P

A quick question about the geminae resurrection... so, if Celestine is in melee is imposible to resurrect a Geminae, right?

No that is not right.  Why would it be?  Celestine's base is more than 1" across  so she could be base to base with an enemy and still place the geminae in base contact behind her.  Celestine would have to be surrounded so that there was no where to place the Geminae and that is not an easy task.

Advantages of a big base. To be fair I haven't used Celestine enough (or properly) this edition.

To clarify:

She cannot 'Deep Strike' in like Seraphim; she must start on the table, right?

Advantages of a big base. To be fair I haven't used Celestine enough (or properly) this edition.

To clarify:

She cannot 'Deep Strike' in like Seraphim; she must start on the table, right?

Yes, but even if she could deepstrike you probably would not want to.

Using an act of Faith on her (which she kindly provides herself) you can double move and go 28". This should put you closer to the enemy that deepstriking would.

Yeah. I found that one out the hard way. A foolish mistake I won't make again. Ho hum.

28" double move from a 12" deployment puts you 40" onto the board, which is almost at the enemy table edge after a charge! Erk. Violence ensues.

Yeah, I played half a game (2000 points of un-optimized Sisters ws 1000 points each of orks and marines). I threw Celestine in there even though I normally wouldn't, since I wanted to see how she actually played. I hadn't given her rules a proper read, since I don't have much interest in her. 

Holy crap she's a monster, and it's not just that you can throw her 6 S7 attacks at an enemy and she comes back to life if they get through her 7 wounds and the Geneni, all of that is only 250 points. I know I'm just a bit late to the party here, but dang, she's quite the thing. I got her across the board T1 with her AoF of course.

In other news, I continue to be disappointed with GW's implementation of Seraphim. I would say more, but that's off topic.

Edited by Servant of Dante

In other news, I continue to be disappointed with GW's implementation of Seraphim. I would say more, but that's off topic.

She is pretty cool.... Locked in Celestine as my warlord for an escalation league before I had played her. Really isn't very nice to everyone when she uses her AoF and hits their line the same time as all the doms in repressors. But what else should the Heretics expect?