St Celestine in 8th

Ishagu

Quick question:

Usually characters do not have to take a morale test, since morale tests only need to be performed when a unit loses models and a character unit usually consists of a lone model.

However, Celestine with her Germinae are basically a unit of three. If one of the Germinae is killed, does that mean Celestine needs to make a morale check? Can Celestine be removed from battle after a bad morale roll?

Sounds silly, but I cannot find any rule that prevents this. 

Do any of you feel guilty for using St. Celestine?

I really like her but using her almost feels like cheating. :unsure.:

nope! ive noticed her surviviablity  in 8th is less than it was in 7th.  maybe because all my friends know what she does. 

Do any of you feel guilty for using St. Celestine?

I really like her but using her almost feels like cheating. :unsure.:

Not at all. There are a lot of impressive characters in any codec. Ran into a Magnus tossing out 2d6 mortal wounds and just removing my squads off the table. Celestine is powerful, but hardly unfair.

Edited by GodwynDi

Depends. In a 500pt ot intro game, absolutely feel dirty. Would necer do that anyway. 1k id run just her and no twins. 1.5+ go crazy. Yes shes strong but hardly game breaking and its not like the rest og our army is OP. Pretty much nothing but core rules has chamged for us in 2 decades. We're strong now because of strong core rules, not because we have cheese. Do we spam? Wellyeah, hard not to when youve only got 2 choices in most all our roles.

Shes only T3 at the end of the day and can be dealt with easily if approached smartly.

Depends. In a 500pt ot intro game, absolutely feel dirty. Would necer do that anyway. 1k id run just her and no twins. 1.5+ go crazy. Yes shes strong but hardly game breaking and its not like the rest og our army is OP. Pretty much nothing but core rules has chamged for us in 2 decades. We're strong now because of strong core rules, not because we have cheese. Do we spam? Wellyeah, hard not to when youve only got 2 choices in most all our roles.

Shes only T3 at the end of the day and can be dealt with easily if approached smartly.

I kinda love the idea of using her as a "raidboss" in a kill team event.

Depends. In a 500pt ot intro game, absolutely feel dirty. Would necer do that anyway. 1k id run just her and no twins. 1.5+ go crazy. 

Even on her own at 1500pts she seems insanely good.

Yes shes strong but hardly game breaking and its not like the rest og our army is OP. 

I use her in IG though. :blush.: