Betrayer41’s 40k Log **New White/Red Recipe** (12/11/23)

Go to solution Solved by LameBeard,

Hadn't looked through this thread before to my memory and reading through it was a pleasure. You show a creative mind and most every miniature is made into something unique and exciting. I especiallly love your space wolves, but I am forever a fan of how people take Primaris marines in particular and give them more character, something you've clearly managed to do very well.

Thanks everyone!

@Torbenos: I really appreciate that.  As you can tell I am not a fan of opening a box and putting together as is haha.  My favorite part of the hobby are the bits and customization!

I have my bronze/brass down on the vanguard vets and blade guard and have applied a bit of oil washes.  Pics will be coming tonight

Absolutely gorgeous work on your Minotaurs. How'd you manage to hit that beautiful bronze color?

Very much appreciated.  Here are the steps

Prime Black

1 coat of Vallejo metal color gunmetal grey

1 coat of baltasar gold.

50/50 Balthasar and new runelord drybrush all over

Dark brown oil wash

clean up with q tip as well as scrape some of the bronze off to let the gun metal show through.

I haven't done highlights yet

• 3 months later...

Been quite a while.......Minotaurs have been completed and sold ready to be shipped.  Finally i am going to be returning to my personal army which I will be keeping and adding to.  Expect alot more updated and completed minis.  Alot of times when I do commissions I forgot to photograph everything.  It feels good to be back where I belong.

qmWIMHJ.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Are the dogs going to be mutated in any way?

Nope.... not these atleast.  I got inspired by this pic and the warhounds/mastiffs used by the romans and gladiators. Really going fora big gladiator theme and less chaos.

I am essentially redoing 30k truecale army while i wait for gw to release theirs

1O0W2t5.jpg

Once i get more chaosy they ill make the same but with some type of hellhound

Edited by betrayer41

hitting it out the park!!!! looking forward to seeing how the chaos lord in termi armour comes on. I totally agree with the Khârn model, didnt think it was aggressive enough which is why i changed the shooting arm, cldnt imagine him running at the enemy with a half cocked arm haha