Betrayer41’s 40k Log **New White/Red Recipe** (12/11/23)

Go to solution Solved by LameBeard,

PHEWF! I found this thread because I was looking for metallic flesh tearers for inspiration. That led me to page 1 and I've slowly scrolled through every page. What a journey! Thanks for all the inspiration. There are some projects from way back that I'd love to see an update on like your Templars and a few of the heavily kitbashed world eater HQs. I'm loving your minotaurs so far too! Do you have any experience with contrast paints yet? I'm not a huge fan of them but I'm hoping to pull off a dark metallic red like your flesh tearers by basecoating in silver and using flesh tearers red. I know it's not ideal but I don't have the space or the time to invest in learning to airbrush. I'm hoping I can cheat.

PHEWF! I found this thread because I was looking for metallic flesh tearers for inspiration. That led me to page 1 and I've slowly scrolled through every page. What a journey! Thanks for all the inspiration. There are some projects from way back that I'd love to see an update on like your Templars and a few of the heavily kitbashed world eater HQs. I'm loving your minotaurs so far too! Do you have any experience with contrast paints yet? I'm not a huge fan of them but I'm hoping to pull off a dark metallic red like your flesh tearers by basecoating in silver and using flesh tearers red. I know it's not ideal but I don't have the space or the time to invest in learning to airbrush. I'm hoping I can cheat.

Thanks for the kind words mate.  This is definitely a frankenstein of a thread haha.  My favorite part of the hobby is kitbashing so alot of the stuff on here are for other people.  And unfortunately the templars were for my cousin who is doing IF.  Ill see if I have some finished pics.  World Eaters are ALL finished and my personal army so let me know which ones you'd like to see!

The Metallic flesh tearers took a long time for me to find that color haha.  The reds on my minotaurs are actually all contrast paints. I love it for the armor but not sold on the cloth bits.  Mine is flesh tearer red of my brass gold....so it might give you an idea to how it would look over other metallics.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, these have been a ton of fun.  Need to switch the rest of the reds to black and do touch ups and weathering.

Are you planning on doing a visor effect in the helmet T's?

Ive been going back and forth on this forever.  I might put a heavy black wash in there but thats about it.  Maybe green eyes?

Looks fantastic! What kind of brass did you use?

Its Runelord brass over balthazar gold. Heavy on the runelord brass

Amazing work Betrayer.

Thanks Mate this have been an absolute joy to paint....once i got the color i liked haha

Three quick-and-dirty photo-edits later:

JXkolcOm.png

viJhdwfm.png

5DGwv7Nm.png

I think green would work and provide a nice contrast point to the bronze of the helmet face.

I think I will give it a shot, throw some silver in there followed by waystone green or whatever its called

As much as I'm, liking your Minotaurs, i hope you're wrong. fingers crossed Angron and his hot cross bunnies come out  alot sooner than that 

HAHA i actually laughed out loud. See if you set your expectations low its harder to be disappointed.  I will literally drop everything im doing even if just zerkers get released

As much as I'm, liking your Minotaurs, i hope you're wrong. fingers crossed Angron and his hot cross bunnies come out  alot sooner than that 

HAHA i actually laughed out loud. See if you set your expectations low its harder to be disappointed.  I will literally drop everything im doing even if just zerkers get released

Same. Well, almost everything. :lol: I might end up only getting a squad or two for my Night Lords since I have 3x 8 man kitbashed (stupidly expensive to boot....) squads made for my World Eaters.

Angron and his hot cross bunnies

I... I see how you got there and I love it. Excuse me, I have some doodles to now make....

Post pictures? :lol: