"New" BA Units - Primaris Captain, Librarian, Reivers

Jolemai

I would rather then just FAQ/ Errata what needs to be changed.

The last thing I want is to have to buy a whole second codex just to use Primaris. I hope that we don't have any "see codex: x"

PRIMARIS is not a faction keyword.

I never said it was?

I think he meant to quote Leonaides...

Hellblasters look like they'll get something that makes their plasma weapons more powerful (I bet it'll mean they don't overload and always fire as if they are overcharged)

There was actually a small inset picture in the July White Dwarf of a Primaris marine with what looked like a plasma cannon – or something between their current gun and a cannon...

Edited by LutherMax

I didnt mean primaris as a faction either - which was kind of the point. They can issue global errata to anything with the same keyword now (i used primaris as an example, but it could be 'jump pack', or whatever 'bike' is (at work, cant remember) and it will apply to any/all examples in any/all codex's it appears in, instead of having to errata C:SM jump pack assault, C;BA jump pack assault, C;DA jum p pack assault etc. A single errata makes it much easier to keep everyone on the same level with the same rules for the same units but doesnt mean they have to have 'see C: something else than your army'.

• 2 weeks later...

It's just a pity that in a new and disappointing move GW have decided that the Redemptor Dread will only ship with Ultramarine Decals.

Also I don't know if it's the shade of red chosen or some other factor, but the BA example on the pre-order page looks awful.

So...

Blood Angels intercessors with auto bolt rifles, sergeant with a power sword! I feel this is a very BA way to run the unit.

Though I'm for sure going to use some with stalker pattern too..

Plus, blood angels reivers have black armour! (Based on that PDF)

Edited by Blindhamster

Take a closer look. That's a deathwatch reiver, his left shoulderpad is silver and you can make out an inquisitorial simbol on his forehead. :) (i got excited too when first seeing the picture) :)

Take a closer look. That's a deathwatch reiver, his left shoulderpad is silver and you can make out an inquisitorial simbol on his forehead. :smile.: (i got excited too when first seeing the picture) :smile.:

i have since realised this thanks to a facebook post and am now very sad :P

On a very serious note, I feel like GW should really provide official paint schemes for all the primaris units for the main chapters!

Take a closer look. That's a deathwatch reiver, his left shoulderpad is silver and you can make out an inquisitorial simbol on his forehead. :smile.: (i got excited too when first seeing the picture) :smile.:

i have since realised this thanks to a facebook post and am now very sad :tongue.:

On a very serious note, I feel like GW should really provide official paint schemes for all the primaris units for the main chapters!

Nothing to stop you doing your Reivers in black, they're supposed to be a sneaking in the shadows unit after all.

i have since realised this thanks to a facebook post and am now very sad :tongue.:

Nothing to stop you doing your Reivers in black, they're supposed to be a sneaking in the shadows unit after all.

This is true! I just wanted to try and do this army with as close to an 'eavy metal look as I can, which dictates I need to know what 'eavy metal would do them like :P

This is true! I just wanted to try and do this army with as close to an 'eavy metal look as I can, which dictates I need to know what 'eavy metal would do them like :tongue.:

Ah, fair enough. The Primaris BA seen so far, are they not just following the regular 'eavy Metal scheme? Given the UM and RG Reivers shown, I'd expect BA ones to be red.

This is true! I just wanted to try and do this army with as close to an 'eavy metal look as I can, which dictates I need to know what 'eavy metal would do them like :tongue.:

Ah, fair enough. The Primaris BA seen so far, are they not just following the regular 'eavy Metal scheme? Given the UM and RG Reivers shown, I'd expect BA ones to be red.

Yeah, for reivers and aggressors, they fall under elite, so not sure on helmet colours and if GW will think they should have certain elements black :)

Whilst I may well deviate with stuff as I go, I'd really like to get a feel for the official look before i delve too deep into painting, I've already committed to blue helms for hellblasters as they are ranged support and yellow for inceptors as they're close support (as per the primaris book that came with DI) but stuff like reivers and aggressors leave me wondering on details like that :)

Have you guys seen the review of the marine codex yet? I feel like GWreally nailed it. Primaris are generally looking alot better too.
Another interesting point is that the new dreadnaught has both the "dreadnaught" keyword aswell as its own "redemptor dreadnaught" keyword. Unless the entry of the storm raven has changed then it seems likely that storm ravens can also transport these new dreads.

I know many people don't like the Redemptor Dread, however I do and think it would be incredibly awesome if we'd get Librarian, Deathcompany and Furioso versions of it eventually. :D

My guess is we will see BA, DA and SW plus maybe deathwatch get a unique primaris unit each.

Anyone else think it's weird that the reiver sergeant cannot use a power sword but the intercessors sergeant can?

My guess is we will see BA, DA and SW plus maybe deathwatch get a unique primaris unit each.

Yeah, here's hoping.

A Character each too, would be nice *cough*SuperDante*cough*

Oh wow, Imagine if Mephiston became a Primaris...

I think we won't see primaris special characters for a bit honestly.

I could see:

SW: Primaris Wolf Priest

BA: Primaris Sanguinary Priest

DA: Primaris Interrogator or something

But think even the above seem fairly unlikely.

Id not be surprised if there are no chapter specific primaris units, but would like it if there were a few.

I think we won't see primaris special characters for a bit honestly.

I could see:

SW: Primaris Wolf Priest

BA: Primaris Sanguinary Priest

DA: Primaris Interrogator or something

But think even the above seem fairly unlikely.

Id not be surprised if there are no chapter specific primaris units, but would like it if there were a few.

It's alright for you – you've got Primaris Aphael :tongue.: