"New" BA Units - Primaris Captain, Librarian, Reivers

Jolemai

I think we won't see primaris special characters for a bit honestly.

I could see:

SW: Primaris Wolf Priest

BA: Primaris Sanguinary Priest

DA: Primaris Interrogator or something

But think even the above seem fairly unlikely.

Id not be surprised if there are no chapter specific primaris units, but would like it if there were a few.

It's alright for you – you've got Primaris Aphael :tongue.:

He's not finished yet!

Transport capacity in 40k is entirely arbitrary. Considering Terminators can't fit in some things, but jump packers can, when they probably take up roughly the same geo-spatia volume, and all those other things that were simply for game balance reasons (which I admit is a necessity at times).

Primaris are divas who won't be seen riding in some plebeian transports as <wrinkles nose> normal Astartes. So at least that one makes sense.

Another interesting point is that the new dreadnaught has both the "dreadnaught" keyword aswell as its own "redemptor dreadnaught" keyword. Unless the entry of the storm raven has changed then it seems likely that storm ravens can also transport these new dreads.

Good spot. Having said that, the Redemptor has decent long-ranged furepower so doesn't really need the ride in the way that the DC or Furioso Dreads do.

I have to admit, the Redemptor looks a bit underwhelming. He is a Dread with a few more wounds and slightly bigger guns. Not sure what I was expecting but I was hoping for something a bit more impressive. Put a Techmarine near him and he can overcharge his macro plasma cannon happily enough but that is about it.

Another interesting point is that the new dreadnaught has both the "dreadnaught" keyword aswell as its own "redemptor dreadnaught" keyword. Unless the entry of the storm raven has changed then it seems likely that storm ravens can also transport these new dreads.

Good spot. Having said that, the Redemptor has decent long-ranged furepower so doesn't really need the ride in the way that the DC or Furioso Dreads do.

I have to admit, the Redemptor looks a bit underwhelming. He is a Dread with a few more wounds and slightly bigger guns. Not sure what I was expecting but I was hoping for something a bit more impressive. Put a Techmarine near him and he can overcharge his macro plasma cannon happily enough but that is about it.

It also moves 8", as fast as our snowflake Dreads. Because BA are already so ROFLSTOamP OP this edition <eyeroll>

Does equipping Intercessors with auto-bolt rifles cost points, and can you swap a whole unit? If so I'm suddenly very excited about them. Also, with this whole objective secured Defenders of Humanity rule, I'm rethinking how I'll use scouts. Minimum size units might not be the best idea anymore.

Transport capacity in 40k is entirely arbitrary. Considering Terminators can't fit in some things, but jump packers can, when they probably take up roughly the same geo-spatia volume, and all those other things that were simply for game balance reasons (which I admit is a necessity at times).

Primaris are divas who won't be seen riding in some plebeian transports as <wrinkles nose> normal Astartes. So at least that one makes sense.

Terminators are a lot heavier than assault marines with jump packs. That makes a huge difference in transport capacity. It's not all about size.

Does equipping Intercessors with auto-bolt rifles cost points, and can you swap a whole unit? If so I'm suddenly very excited about them. Also, with this whole objective secured Defenders of Humanity rule, I'm rethinking how I'll use scouts. Minimum size units might not be the best idea anymore.

Yes, you can give the entire unit auto-bolt rifles for 0 points. The Marine Codex specifically states that BAs, DAs and SWs cannot use these special rules so no "Defenders of Hunanity" for us. :(

Unless the entry of the storm raven has changed then it seems likely that storm ravens can also transport these new dreads.

Unfortunately the wording of the Storm Raven has been changed. It now specifies that it cannot carry Primaris Marines or Redemptor Dreadnoughts. :(

Unless the entry of the storm raven has changed then it seems likely that storm ravens can also transport these new dreads.

Unfortunately the wording of the Storm Raven has been changed. It now specifies that it cannot carry Primaris Marines or Redemptor Dreadnoughts. :sad.:

Which isn't really a problem, as the Redemptor, much like the rest of the Primaris range, is Primarily (heh) shooting based.

No joke, our Dreads need a point decrease for sure.

The Librarian Dread is okay-ish since it's a character with less than 10 wounds so it can hide behind other units and the Furioso at least has his Frag Cannon with which he can advance&shoot but the DC Dread really is expensive for what it does. Especially considering that the Redemptor Dread is supposed to cost about the same.

Not Primaris Related

DC Dread is expensive and probably needs a little reduction. But that 6" consolidate is absolutely brutal.

I agree here. The consolidate is crazy good!

We have access to stormravens I think right? If so just deliver the DC/Lemartes/DC Dread in a stormraven. I would go wide with the DC unit and not tall. So give them chain swords + Bolt Pistols, give like 1-2 hammers and no jumpacks. Fly up, drop turn 2 and assault.

I'm really looking forward to other options the Primaris will have and how it will work for my Flesh Tearers. The Redemptor Dreadnought is a beast in Close Combat and has a very nice selection of weapons. Saw one wreck two chaos dreads in close combat after being nearly killed from the ranged fire earlier. It was really surprising. The Redemptor is a beast and people will start to realize it the more it is played.

Edited by Aothaine

Wow.

I was wondering if it's related to the upgrade sprue they made? But there isn't a BA chainsword on there either.

Why would we not get a token power sword on sergeants like everyone else? (Except the other close combat chapter of course... all I can assume is it's related to our other rules)

This is particularly bothersome for me as I've already done weapons swaps on my Dark Imperium Intercessors sergeants. I seriously cannot understand why two of the most close combat forcused chapters would not get access to power swords. It's bewildering.