Bullgryns in 8th

Charlo

Nah, he has "the hero of hades hive" it lets all IG units within 6" reroll 1´s to hit (both shooting and CC). If the units are attacking orks they can reroll any failed hit-roll"

So he buffs plasma units, CC units, tanks, artillery and all other IG units from any regiment.

He has a 4++ and iron will (each time he loses his final wound, roll a d6. On a 3+ the wound is not lost)

IMO he is really worth 130 pts for the hero of hades hive

I'm taking Staken in my list because he embodies the whole WOT DID YOU SAY??? I'LL BASH YER GOB I WILL AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! like his Orgyn buddies:biggrin.:

I've always wanted to use him and he seems like a decent beatstick (for IG that is :P )

Nah, he has "the hero of hades hive" it lets all IG units within 6" reroll 1´s to hit (both shooting and CC). If the units are attacking orks they can reroll any failed hit-roll"

So he buffs plasma units, CC units, tanks, artillery and all other IG units from any regiment.

He has a 4++ and iron will (each time he loses his final wound, roll a d6. On a 3+ the wound is not lost)

IMO he is really worth 130 pts for the hero of hades hive

Yeah, that's pretty solid. An aura is in a way better than the command ability, especially when dealing with abhuman troops that cannot benefit from orders anyway.

That's a very good point about mixing and matching the units. I am going to be buying two boxes myself here pretty soon (for a 5-man squad and Nork like many others), so I may have to give one the goofy little baby shield. Magnetizing the shields is super easy, too, so there is always that option.

I think running them in Chimeras is the best route, although I don't care for the double heavy flamer variant (simply too many points). I think I would probably accompany them with some regular infantry as well, because you need numbers to capture objectives. So for example take two Chimeras (Gryphonne is my preferred one).

Commissar Lord

Priest

Command Squad with 4x flamers

SWS with 3x flamers

Chimera

Nork

3x Bullgryns

Chimera

Nork can keep the two characters standing longer, guardsmen nuke other infantry and give you 10 more bodies to throw at objectives. Then add ANOTHER chimera with 4 more bullgryns. :D

That are many points in total. So I think the extra cost for Heavy Flamer won't matter ;)

The problem with HF is just to get in range, but since you already want to deliver your squads into melee it shouldn't be a problem.

Also keep in mind that you only hit on +5 while moving in the beginning of the battle. (Because with that kind of cargo inside they will draw some shooting on them)

Each HF are 3.5 autohits, even on overwatch, so you could park them in front of your units if your enemy wants to charge them with something nasty.

But I get your point 17pts is a bit to high I guess.

Oh no!!! I just went to finally buy my Bullgryns and Curious Constructs have stopped doing the Pith Helmet "Space Ogre" heads!!! It must have been really recently as well.

Disaster! Does anyone have any suggestions? Know where to buy Pith Helmet heads for Ogryns? Have any other alternate head ideas?

As someone who's been using Bullgryns since their introduction, I really like what they've done to them in 8th.

I've only played 2 games with my IG in 8th so far, but they've performed very well, killing an Avatar* in the first game and the Swarmlord in the second game.

Do I miss the fearless, hatred and Hymn from my Minitorum Priest?
Yes, but hitting everything on 3's, having a 2+ (1+ most of the time, courtesy of my Primaris Pysker) armoursave and being a real threat to well...everything, really makes up for it.

As someone who's been using Bullgryns since their introduction, I really like what they've done to them in 8th.

I've only played 2 games with my IG in 8th so far, but they've performed very well, killing an Avatar* in the first game and the Swarmlord in the second game.

Do I miss the fearless, hatred and Hymn from my Minitorum Priest?

Yes, but hitting everything on 3's, having a 2+ (1+ most of the time, courtesy of my Primaris Pysker) armoursave and being a real threat to well...everything, really makes up for it.

Damn son, that Psyker thing is NASTY.