Lets engage in some fun speculation

dtse

Haven't seen this mentioned yet:

The point costs for attack bikes and land speeders went down by 10, for normal bikes it went down by 6.  This is a pretty significant reduction and bodes well for Ravenwing when our time comes :)

The point costs for attack bikes and land speeders went down by 10, for normal bikes it went down by 6.  This is a pretty significant reduction and bodes well for Ravenwing when our time comes :smile.:

Where did you see that? Im searching for it in the new FAQs but didnt found anything :S

The point costs for attack bikes and land speeders went down by 10, for normal bikes it went down by 6.  This is a pretty significant reduction and bodes well for Ravenwing when our time comes :)

Where did you see that? Im searching for it in the new FAQs but didnt found anything :S

Think he's talking about in the new Space Marine Codex.

Well this was a fun speculation thread :tongue.:

But yes this is in the new Space Marine codex, however it does most likely indicate that the DA codex will have a similar point reduction.  Currently by index prices we are paying 1 point more than a normal biker for a Ravenwing biker, besides the Ravenwing rule they are basically identical in all other regards, seeing a 6 point per model drop for standard Space Marine bikes points to all other non-codex compliant space marines having a similar reduction, unless there are large revisions or changes to what the ravenwing rule does :smile.:

It still is cause for hope and worth mentioning as it most likely means more affordable bikes and more points flexibility for Ravenwing lists in the future.  It's also validation by GW that space marine bikes, attack bikes, land speeders were significantly over-costed for what they could do and how they perform on the tabletop (a sentiment commonly shared on this board with Ravenwing), which is good to see acknowledgement from the designers on.

Edited by Loar

DA are among the most complete ranges though, so there isn't much to fear outside of bike characters to be fair. I do not think they will go as far with the special weapons. If they so, they would need to remove all the combi-varianta from every model in existence. Edited by Immersturm

This is something that has always bugged me with the Dark Angels.

I understand qe cannot take Company Masters on bike, because the bike would put them in the Second Company, and there already IS a Master of the Second Company.

But, then why can we take Company Masters in Terminator Armor? Wouldn't that make them part of the Deathwing, and thus, under Master Belial?

It seems weird to me. We should either not be able to take either Company Masters, or both. Or am i missing something?

This of course, based on the notion that all terminators are part of the deathwing, and all bikers are part of the ravenwing, which unit availability would represent, since qe cannot take non-deathwing terminators, or non-ravenwing bikers.

Yah, seeing as RW don't have chaplains or librarians on bikes anymore than regular space marines do...I see no chance of them staying. White Scars considered them essential and many WS players have made their own...still lost them.

I see RW losing special weapons because the kit does not come with them. At this point I wouldn't believe any thing staying because of tradition. I definitely see us losing more than we gain...if we gain anything at all. It will probably look like SM codex left overs and the RW/DW specific kits.

I also suspect we will lose Masters in terminator armor as well because there is no specific model for them.

Berzul: Company Masters are usually recruited from the Deathwing knights. This means, they are all trained in the use of terminator armour and are the elite of the elite. They could easily don their armours again to help out in apprehending fallen, because they are already fully initiated.

No units have been lost, just the codexs only contain units currently sold. You can still use ones from the index as answered by the FAQ, copied below

There are a few options that are missing in the codex that appear in the index: why is that? Does that mean I can’t use these models in my army anymore?

While the indexes are designed to cover a long history of miniatures, the codexes are designed to give you rules for the current Warhammer 40,000 range. There are a few options in the indexes for some Characters and vehicles that are no longer represented in the Citadel range – certain Dreadnought weapons that don’t come in the box, or some characters on bikes, for example.

Don’t worry though, you can still use all of these in your games if you have these older models. In these instances, use the datasheet from the index, and the most recent points published for that model and its weapons (currently, also in the index).

They still gain all the army wide-bonuses for things like Chapter Tactics and can use Space Marines Stratagems and the like, so such venerable heroes still fit right in with the rest of your army.

Regards,

Yah, seeing as RW don't have chaplains or librarians on bikes anymore than regular space marines do...I see no chance of them staying. White Scars considered them essential and many WS players have made their own...still lost them.

I see RW losing special weapons because the kit does not come with them. At this point I wouldn't believe any thing staying because of tradition. I definitely see us losing more than we gain...if we gain anything at all. It will probably look like SM codex left overs and the RW/DW specific kits.

I also suspect we will lose Masters in terminator armor as well because there is no specific model for them.

Easy now. I would not worry about it until I see it. Usually, it is not something we expect. Us humans, we eagerly take any bit we find and turn it into a doomsday scenario. Keep your cool and do not let this news become a riptide of negative emotions. Remember, the thread is about fun speculations ;)

Berzul: Company Masters are usually recruited from the Deathwing knights. This means, they are all trained in the use of terminator armour and are the elite of the elite. They could easily don their armours again to help out in apprehending fallen, because they are already fully initiated.

... well, that answers my question, I guess...

Thanks! :D It actually makes sense when you think about it.

I seriously can not wait how the Primaris fit into it. I do hope they mention it. I have a slight fear that they just say 'hi, these guys are Primaris, k bye' and detail the old organisational structure of DA. Of all the Chapters, the DA pose a unique challenge since their inner workings diverge from others. They are threading on thin ice when it comes to pleasing or displeasing the community in that regard. Exciting times. Looking forward to my Primaris only Chapter :)

Easy now. I would not worry about it until I see it. Usually, it is not something we expect. Us humans, we eagerly take any bit we find and turn it into a doomsday scenario. Keep your cool and do not let this news become a riptide of negative emotions. Remember, the thread is about fun speculations ;)

I've been playing DA since the start of 3rd edition. The fun speculation is trying to figure out where they will disappoint with another terrible codex in a history of ...what...20 years of terrible codexes. I think the Index was the best I've ever seen the DA so historically speaking the next codex is going to smash everyone's good feelings.

Stay salty DA players.

I've been playing DA since the start of 3rd edition. The fun speculation is trying to figure out where they will disappoint with another terrible codex in a history of ...what...20 years of terrible codexes. I think the Index was the best I've ever seen the DA so historically speaking the next codex is going to smash everyone's good feelings.

Stay salty DA players.

Go be bitter with the rest of the chicory and rocket please. 7th edition was pretty good, save for the fact everything that came afterwards destroyed balance completely. There were far worse 'dexes out there, DA were pretty much where every other army should have been in terms of strength. Was it perfect? No, but I'm pretty sure no codex will ever be. With this many armies, it's a difficult game to balance. Every army has their Kryptonite.

I like it how they have streamlined the armies in a way. Even the Codex itself, though bringing in some seriously powerful and "unbalacing" stuff (atleast, till the rest of the codexes arrive) seems to have been thought out with some degree of restraint from the part of GW. 7ed was a lot of fun, but yeah, it was seriously unbalanced ins ome points, and at the end, formation rules and the like had turned the game into a very complicated one, with deathstars everywhere.

The point costs for attack bikes and land speeders went down by 10, for normal bikes it went down by 6.  This is a pretty significant reduction and bodes well for Ravenwing when our time comes :smile.:

This would make RW more playable for me.  Suddenly my RW army is over 100pts cheaper if we include Black Knights in the -6pts bracket. 

When looking at the Stratagems in the new book, it is almost guaranteed that RW and DW will have their own. There are Stratagems that are specific to certain units or weapons, like Vindicators (Linebreaker Bombardment), Predators (Killshot), Scout Bikes (Snare Mines), Hellfire Rounds (Heavy Bolters) and so forth. There are also a few general ones like Orbital Bombardment, which comes from the Warlord and the very curious one that upgrades a single Captain to Chapter Master, giving him the full re-roll bubble. I wonder if DA will get an option to upgrade a Captain to Grand Master with the same effect.

When looking at the Stratagems in the new book, it is almost guaranteed that RW and DW will have their own. There are Stratagems that are specific to certain units or weapons, like Vindicators (Linebreaker Bombardment), Predators (Killshot), Scout Bikes (Snare Mines), Hellfire Rounds (Heavy Bolters) and so forth. There are also a few general ones like Orbital Bombardment, which comes from the Warlord and the very curious one that upgrades a single Captain to Chapter Master, giving him the full re-roll bubble. I wonder if DA will get an option to upgrade a Captain to Grand Master with the same effect.

The only justification fluff wise would be for successor chapters, especially as Sammael, Belial already give full re-rolls to their respective companys.  I agree with the first bit of your post though :) it is almost guaranteed in my eyes too.

So SM got obsec again. Wonder if we will get it. I can totally see battle company back now. A bunch of obsec tacticals inside assault Razorbacks. Sprinkle in some heavy weapons. Totally negates the new objective mechanics.

Belial

Deathwing knights

Apothecary

Ancient

Captain

Captain

6-7 tactical squads

6-7 assault Razorbacks

Boom