Lets engage in some fun speculation

dtse

So SM got obsec again. Wonder if we will get it. I can totally see battle company back now. A bunch of obsec tacticals inside assault Razorbacks. Sprinkle in some heavy weapons. Totally negates the new objective mechanics.

Belial

Deathwing knights

Apothecary

Ancient

Captain

Captain

6-7 tactical squads

6-7 assault Razorbacks

Boom

Does objective secure apply when the tacticals are inside a transport?

So SM got obsec again. Wonder if we will get it. I can totally see battle company back now. A bunch of obsec tacticals inside assault Razorbacks. Sprinkle in some heavy weapons. Totally negates the new objective mechanics.

Belial

Deathwing knights

Apothecary

Ancient

Captain

Captain

6-7 tactical squads

6-7 assault Razorbacks

Boom

Ehhh... I don't think so. Give it some time. We'll have our dex soon enough and have an answer to the obs sec that the generalist space marines have. I can't imagine other factions/chapters not having that. It would basically turn the game back into "how to table your opponent" and GW have worked really hard on making objectives important.

It's not a given that the other chapters get obsec tbh. Guess we will see

Made a quick list. Dave guard

6 tactical squads

6 assault Razorbacks

4 captains

2 dev squads with 4 lascannons

Kayvan shrike

3 assault jump squads with a thunderhammer each.

10 command points

Shrike and assaults deepstrike and reroll 1s and charges. Rest shoot and move and hold objectives.

Obsec only makes sense on armies with relatively low model count. There is NO way you could otherwise compete with the objective game against mobile horde based armies such as Tyranids, or those pesky reanimating Necrons camping on an objective. It changes the way a SM army plays completely and I feel this rule is not just for the general 'dex, but will come to DA, BA, GK and SW, just like ATSKNF. This is not a difference in legion or chapter, but inbred in every Astartes. We'll get obsec, so combat squads will make sense. Same applies to stratagems. Some will carry over, some will not. Warlord Traits could very well be the same. We'll have unique ones, but maybe we'll keep one or two of the generic SM ones. Not every single bit about a different legion / chapter needs to be unique. There can be some overlap. 

I am having high hopes for the Stratagems. SM have unit specific for Scout Bikes, Sternguard, Chapter Specific ones, but the general ones are the real kicker. 1CP to get re-roll of 1 6" around any Dread of your Chapter, 1CP to Combat Squad a unit during the battle (if you did not during deployment), 3CP to fight twice, 2CP to intercept a unit within 12" with -1 hit and all that jazz. I hope DA get similar ones for their unspecific Strats. They are also Marines, afterall, and those would be really useful to any army.

So who wants to speculate on when we'll actually get our codex? Think we'll be one of those first 10 this year? :wink:

Definetly. I expect that one of the returning Primarchs in the upcoming narrative of the game will be the Lion, and the Codex will come along with him. It just seems to make plot-sense for it to play out like this.

So who wants to speculate on when we'll actually get our codex? Think we'll be one of those first 10 this year? :wink:

Definetly. I expect that one of the returning Primarchs in the upcoming narrative of the game will be the Lion, and the Codex will come along with him. It just seems to make plot-sense for it to play out like this.

I agree with you but due to the fact that Mortarion hasn't even been released yet, and knowing the decently long gap between recent primarch releases, that means it might be awhile until we get our dex if they are planning to release it alongside the lion.

I agree with you but due to the fact that Mortarion hasn't even been released yet, and knowing the decently long gap between recent primarch releases, that means it might be awhile until we get our dex if they are planning to release it alongside the lion.

Maybe... The gap between Guilliman and Mortarion has been awhile there wasn't that big of a gap between Magnus and Guilliman.... So that is to say who knows? I could see The Lion being a holiday release just like Magnus.

They tend not to release big stuff at Christmas, just bundles

I meant the holiday window not just Christmas. Last year we had Burning of Prospero and then the Thousand Sons release along with the first ever primarch in 40k in November, I would say the possibility for a DA release along with The Lion this year isn't zero anyways ;)

Oh. I wouldn't consider November the holidays haha

Really? Here in the US people start putting up Christmas decorations after Halloween, sometimes earlier :wink:

[OT]here in Italy we wait 8th december (it's catholic holyday) to put xmas decorations out and we keep them until 6th January usually [/OT]

Hpwever if DA will get their codex before the end  of the year will be  a codex without models (like CSM or GK) i think that after the DG codex in september there will be just one codex maybe with models alongside

My educated guess is that the new primarch to show up will be the Wolf with codex SW and in this case i guess it will be out at the beginning of 2018 (to leave a good 5/6 months window between Mortarion and Russ)

BTW what DA really need modelling side? Just the SC and maybe some robed primaris veterans but i doubt we will get them...

I dont think  we will see the Lion in 2017 and in 2018 too... Maybe never...

Oh. I wouldn't consider November the holidays haha

Really? Here in the US people start putting up Christmas decorations after Halloween, sometimes earlier :wink:

[OT]here in Italy we wait 8th december (it's catholic holyday) to put xmas decorations out and we keep them until 6th January usually [/OT]

Hpwever if DA will get their codex before the end  of the year will be  a codex without models (like CSM or GK) i think that after the DG codex in september there will be just one codex maybe with models alongside

My educated guess is that the new primarch to show up will be the Wolf with codex SW and in this case i guess it will be out at the beginning of 2018 (to leave a good 5/6 months window between Mortarion and Russ)

BTW what DA really need modelling side? Just the SC and maybe some robed primaris veterans but i doubt we will get them...

I dont think  we will see the Lion in 2017 and in 2018 too... Maybe never...

Well assuming Mortarion in August I could see the Lion getting fit into a 2017 release, who knows although early 2018 is possible.

Why do you think maybe never? IMO GW would be very foolish to not release him as with Guilliman back there is absolutely no reason not to

Considering that GW has a few chapters / chaos legions have the same or similar traits (Imperial Fists / iron Warriors or Raven Guard / Night Lords ie), with the renegades preview comes the Fallen trait (re-roll hit rolls of 1 in shooting including on overwatch if they did not move, only loses one model from failed morale tests, extra casualties are ignored). What do you feel of these being the DA Chapter trait?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/07/legion-focus-renegades-the-fallen-and-fabius-bile-aug7gw-homepage-post-2/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Edited by Aradiel

It's alright. The morale thingy is all but useless with ATSKNF. The shooting might be interesting to less rely on a captain. It is situational, but no more situational than UM, so I would not complain if this is the final one. I would wish something that did not overlap with existing skills though. Edited by Immersturm