The Lazurus Crusade: More Black Tide Feedback! 05/11/2018

I really like watching your battle reports. Your games are special - they seem really cool and you manage great results with an army that does appear to be "sub par" in the current meta (no offence, but you know, with Imperial Knights and Imperial Guard being all the rage, a black tide of regular marines seems hardly competitive).

Thank you! I have found that mass marines is weirdly good in the current meta. People either bring lots of stuff to deal with Knights or lots of stuff to deal with GEQ but there is a distinct lack of anti marine weapons. Lascannons are overkill, but lasguns are not powerful enough :)

As i watched the armies I was sure that the Raven Guard player would win. Very cool armies by the way. In our tournaments you never see such armies. There are just the top tier armies - not just in the bigger events.

What ranking do you reached? ( I think it was a tournement right?)

Same in my area. Most of us just try and play to have fun, but there are always those WAAC players that show up for events with whatever they netlisted from the last major tournament. I am starting to see why people form private clubs, and just play home games.

Still, that guy was playing Raven Guard like they were Tau. We are still ninjas! Leave the gunlines to the Smurfs or the Dark Angels!

I play at a private club, but most of the people there like to do competitive or semi competitive games :) 

I know it has been many moons since I last updated my thread. I have to confess, my head was turned by the temptations of the heretic and I have been busy working on my Genestealer cult these last few month.

Paddlin. :dry.:

I submit to the paddlin, but I fear that my heretic ways are not done yet. I must go further down the rabbit hole before I come through the other side... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Grettings Brothers

So I managed to try out the shock assault rules and new chapter tactic last night, and I have to say I was pretty impressed.

I was using my Black Tide and I was facing down a Tau gunline. I took heavy casualties on the way in and of my 60 close combat crusaders only about 25 made it to combat, supported by Helbrect and Marshal Law. But oh boy did they make their presence felt! Over 2 turns they chopped through 35+ drones and fire warriors as well as 2 Tau Commanders. The extra attacks really helped, especially when I used Honour the Chapter.

From experience, I can tell you that normally 25 crusaders is not enough to carry a flank, but because I was getting an extra 25 attacks it was like having an extra squads worth of damage output. I know some people are saying we don't have a good combat unit, but I am was very happy with how my crusader squads performed.

And before anyway say "Well done, you beat tau in melee", Not many foot based close combat armies can charge down a Tau Gunline and not only make it, but also have enough damage output to actually damage anything!

I chalk these this up as a big win for the new rules when used with the Black Tide.

I like to use 3 rhinos with 9 crusaders each plus an ancient, Chaplain with jumppack, EC and lt fas a core for my 2k pts list.

This Combo should put out some hurt now. Its 30 extra attacks now.

What do you think about swordbros with Helbrecht in a lrc or stormraven?