++Fate of Konor - Week 6: Death of a World++

Played against Necrons for the first time in probably a decade. Man do they never die it seems like. We only played a 50pp game but on both sides were some epic fail and epic win rolls. Managed to tie up his giant blob of an army and hold them off long enough to gain a win. Totally forgot about the death plants and doing damage when you charged but all in all a good game.

I have achieved a Major Victory against the Deathwatch. My opponent was very defensive, despite being the attacker. I held him back for three turns, tempting him with my Foetid-Bloat Drone and Helbrute and sacrificing my Daemon Prince in the fourth turn to stop his Kill Team full of Heavy Weapons. My Plague Marines did relentlessly pour fire into his marines in cover and slowly I have dented his offensive power and outlasted him in the end. I was very sparse with the CP and in the fourth turn my 20 summoned Plaguebearers ended the game in my favor. He was left with a Chaplain, two Librarians and a Kill Team equipped with combi-plasma. 

MY MVP was as always the Foetid-Bloat Drone which survived two turns of enemy fire and two turns of overwatch and ended in close combat with 1 wound. Unfortunately it did not explode, non even with a CP reroll, but the damage was done an all this volume of shooting spent to kill the drone was wasted in the long turn. My opponent realized this when by turn three I had almost two full squads of Plague Marines, 16 Poxwalkers and all my heavy hitters still alive. It was an uphill battle for him from then on. 

To sum up the campaign. 3 Major Victories, 2 Major Defeats, 1 Minor Defeat. I have faced Black Templars, Aeldari, Deathwatch and Orks with a good performance and this with an army just with the Index Chaos rules. 

I can't wait to see what GW will give to the DG in the new codex. Even vanilla this army is highly performing in my opinion, then it will be a blast to play. 

Although this is a chaos topic, I will take a small snippet from my Ulta-post:

On a side note........

It's almost turned me off of Imperium to be honest. It's just so bloody many marines at the store. Just as a side note I was going to actually play in the 'big' battle again this week but as Chaos because they were always short. I had my Thousand Sons with me, and the other side was Primaris and Astra loaded to the teeth and multi Super Heavies.

Then the final tally of players came out and... yea it would have been a monster long game again so I pulled out of the big game. (turns out Imperium lost again anyway.)

Don't get me wrong I love my Ultra but just playing against SM over and over is getting extremely boring. Funny thing is my playgroups (which are somewhat more competitive) do not play marines. lol 

I also noted the painting is definitely making a difference. I noted every week I see Primaris (including my own) counting for Imperium, over and over. If you play a game with your painted figs, you get bonus points. 

I mean I have thousands and thousands of mostly painted Chaos I cannot enter. And my Thousand Sons are a minimum selection army that I finished. The only balancing factor here is new Deathguard which cannot have the allure of new "Space Marines".

I don't post this to rant.... Instead I post this because I *wish* GW would extend this another 4 weeks!!! 

I almost guarantee you Chaos wins if they do because the "chaos codex" came out too late, and Deathguard are most assuredly coming in way too late.

Very few chaos players at my store. I know GW is trying to keep a few balls in the air at once but I think this whole thing would have been lost to Chaos if it was about 4 weeks longer! 

(At my store Imps lose most of the big games. Lots of new players, returning players are trying Primaris and Astra is very strong right now. I see a lot of Primed tanks in games right now.)

That Lord of Skulls has a beautiful metallic texture. Please share your secrets!

Dead simple, undercoat Chaos Black spray, basecoat Leadbelcher spray, copious amounts of nuln oil, dry brush leadbelcher, dry brush Runefang Steel.

The gold was Balthasar Gold, Druchii Violet dry brush Shining Gold.

Cheers

Vogon

Yeah I agree with you Prot. Yeah the chaos line has had some new models and we are getting the DG but our basic kit of Marines is so outdated it is hard to compete with the new shiny.

This past weekend I did play in the mega battle with my two old school Titans and had a blast. Chaos was crushing it so hard that the imps got to recycle anything that we had killed on our first turn and bring on more models, and we had gone second!

To be fair chaos had two reavers and a warhound that were taking at least two super heavies off the board each given the macro rule. Eldar had two Titans and imperium has something around 5 baneblades and their variants.

My warhound died during the third turn while my reaver was killed in the 5th. Chaos had wiped one side of the board and had the last reaver without a scratch.

Can chaos be good? Yeah we can. But can chaos compete across all aspects of the game? No.

Guys, me and my friend have been playing a few game of Fate of Konor, and so far, he has twice played Chaos using Imperium models (because his look like Emperors Chidlren). Now I'm going to play him with the Chaos rules. But here is the thing, I only have Imperium models, and I seriously not sure what kind of strategy I'm supposed to make with Chaos (as I never played them before). 

Generally speaking, for this mission at least, I should probably pick Death Guard, a Knight, and lots of guardsmen as Poxwalkers, but I really don't know if thats workable.

Thanks in advance.

Ran

Guys, me and my friend have been playing a few game of Fate of Konor, and so far, he has twice played Chaos using Imperium models (because his look like Emperors Chidlren). Now I'm going to play him with the Chaos rules. But here is the thing, I only have Imperium models, and I seriously not sure what kind of strategy I'm supposed to make with Chaos (as I never played them before). 

Generally speaking, for this mission at least, I should probably pick Death Guard, a Knight, and lots of guardsmen as Poxwalkers, but I really don't know if thats workable.

Thanks in advance.

Ran

Infected guard as zombies would work fine in a pinch. Do you have a big character in terminator armor you can use as a counts-as Typhus? The Herald of the Destroyer Hive is a pretty nasty customer.

Plague marines are good too. Plague marines really excel at blunting enemy assault units and absorbing lots of enemy fire. Don't go overboard because you still want plenty of numbers, but plasma and blight launchers let them output more damage.

In my store playing for Chaos it was me, the store owner and my friend. The rest  of 12 or so people are either xenos or imperials. Thankfully most xenos wins went to subtract points from the Imperium, but still overall it will be an imperial victory in my area. 

I think that DG ought to be released early in August to cope with the many Primaris armies that came to be in June/July. What was painted of Chaos was what the other two players already had in their big collections so no new models were painted, as for me, well I was simply noobing around trying to find my place under the gaze of the Pantheon. 

It made no difference though. In two months my friends painted three armies of 1000 points of Primaris, a full army of Custodes/SoS and Sororitas, lots of Necrons and Tau and even a Ynnari army (the dead guys I think, black and red). 

But still, I have enjoyed this campaign immensely and had a good time playing every mission.