++Fate of Konor - Week 6: Death of a World++

North American brethren are mewling, obsequious supplicants of the False Emperor. Hats off to our British cousins across the pond for their hard work on behalf of the Dark Powers.

Keep politics out of this. :tongue.:

Had a campaign game today, and oh boy did my dice HATE me. This was not your typical "man, had I rolled better in that one shooting phase...", but consistently horrible rolling over almost the whole game. I guess it has to happen every now end then, but it was close to unbelievable how bad I rolled today. That I only got tabled by turn four was kind of an achievement.

Lessons learned:

1. Shield your important units from deepstriking enemies! I should not have left the house without at least a 20 man unit of Poxwalkers.
  2. Remember your special rules! Not that it meant a lot today (see above), but I missed out on quite a few rerolls and buffs.
  3. GET NEW DICE DAMMIT! :censored:

P.S.: It was my Death Guard against my friends Ultramarines. Grandfather Nurgle did not smile onto me today, and the minions of the Corpse God had a crushing victory. But as an Austrian once said: I'll be back...

Edited by Darnok

I had a game with my Ultramarines against Deathguard for week 2. The army looked great and I took some pictures if anyone is interested in the Battle report:

I've posted a few batreps for Konor, but failed to mention it here... but I did remember this time!

I played about 3 games during the weekend but by far this was the best:

gallery_2760_13290_281077.jpg

++ The smell of burning garbage rips through the air. The Deathguard have found some dark means to flank the Ultramarines. Somehow Typhus has waded through death and destruction, but Calgar waits in anticipation. Not only would the outcome of this fight pretty much dictate the game's outcome, but it would be perhaps the mist bizarre finish to a game I've had in 8th edition. ++

The full Battle report here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/337804-konor-week-2-prots-ultramarines-vs-deathguard-pics/?p=4849188

So after the rather predictable Imperial victories in the first two weeks: do you think we get a bit mor "fair" campaign stuff for Chaos? The coming week could be an even playing field due to the vehicle focus. The week after that I have my doubts though: I guess it heavily favours the Imperium side again thanks to Grey Knights. The following "flyer" week again favours Space Marines with their excellent Stormraven, and the last week (superheavies and terrain) is again nasty for Chaos: IMperium just has so much more to offer on that field.

So yeah... time to get bitter already?

I definitely expect the next weeks to be more interesting once all Chaos player got their Codex and a few games in (so maybe not week 3 yet).

The next mission is vehicles so I hope we'll see a bit Helbrute goodness on the tables.

Week 3 - Hold the line!! (unofficial: Hold the door ;) )

https://warhammer40000.com/blog/imperial-victory-konor/

After days of bloody fighting, the Imperium has regained control of the forge world of Konor. Even now, its sprawling manufactorum districts pump out fresh munitions and weapons for the war effort.

Their armies reinforced by fresh conscripts and supplies after the victory at Astaramis, the system’s defenders entered the raging battle for the forge world of Konor with eager fury. They found themselves battling through a nightmarish hellscape of industrial devastation, a maze of shattered manufactorums and debris-strewn labour-halls where they were as likely to be sliced into pieces by malfunctioning machinery as they were to be slain by one of the roving bands of Chaos marauders that haunted the ash-choked streets.

Worse still, hordes of opportunistic Orks had descended upon the stricken forge world, seeking to strip as much scrap metal and fuel as possible from Konor’s vast reserves. These violent looters were equally dangerous to the forces of the Imperium and the Chaos invaders, as they rampaged across Konor in their smoke-spewing war machines, hacking and bludgeoning to death any unfortunate enough to cross their path.

Nevertheless, the soldiers of the Imperium went about their task with grim courage, pushing through the ravaged districts towards vital strategic targets. In a bloody and attritional grind, elite units of Adeptus Astartes warriors forced back their hated foes, the Traitor Marines. Terminator and Aggressor armour clashed and sparked under ceaseless volleys of bolter fire, and Dreadnoughts and monstrous Daemon Engines rumbled through the carnage, crushing and blasting the life from their foes. Many heroes fell in this crucible of slaughter. Yet, with freshly bolstered detachments of well-armed Astra Militarum veterans at their side, the loyalist counter-assault overwhelmed the embattled Chaos forces.

Though victory came at a heavy cost, Imperial control of Konor was secured, and a sizeable percentage of its precious production capability remained operational. Within hours of the battle’s end, the forge world’s recaptured manufactorums and assembly halls were sanctified with machine blessings and reactivated, and began to churn out vital equipment and machinery for the escalating war effort

Week 3: Nethamus

https://warhammer40000.com/blog/week-three-nethamus/

The breadbasket of Konor, Nethamus’ vast crop oceans and synth-silo complexes feed countless trillions of loyal souls across the system.

Having brought the horror of total war to both the Konor System’s manufacturing capital and its central source of recruits, the Chaos invasion fleet next seeks to deny the Imperial defenders sustenance. By corrupting the breadbasket of Nethamus – a massive, temperate agri world whose enormous crop oceans stretch for thousands upon thousands of miles – the forces of Chaos will starve their prey. Without Nethamus’ vital food supplies, the enormous military engine of the Astra Militarum will grind to a halt. Even more deviously, the Death Guard and their allies can begin the process of distributing tainted produce throughout Ultramar. Once consumed, this plague-ridden foodstuff creates an unending hunger that would tempt millions of mortal souls toward embracing the bountiful gifts of Nurgle.

Yet the Imperium, by now all too aware of the doom approaching Nethamus, has prepared a doomsday response. Soldiers and agri-workers have loaded crop reserves upon vast factory-crawlers, as well as synthesizer silos capable of producing enough food to sustain the ongoing defence of the Konor System. Orbiting Imperial battleships rain magmatic bombs across the planet, incinerating vast swathes of land. As the first Death Guard troops make planetfall, they unleash their virulent contagions into the atmosphere. The spreading blight is met all on sides by colossal walls of swirling flame, or vast stretches of barren wasteland, where clouds of ash mix with daemonic spores to create a putrid toxic rain.

The corruption of Nethamus has been stalled, but if the Imperial defenders cannot hold the attackers at bay, it will be for naught. The Chaos forces’ armoured formations have launched assault after assault upon the mobile factory-crawlers. Thus far, the bravery of the Astra Militarum and Adeptus Astartes tank crews has held them at bay, but many isolated crawlers have been surrounded and blasted apart, or boarded by vengeful Chaos warriors, the agri-workers inside butchered and their precious cargo despoiled. Should the Imperial forces continue to lose their factory-crawlers at such a rate, famine will spread across Konor and the surrounding region in a matter of weeks.

Hold the Line mission

https://warhammer40000.com/mission-3-hold-line/

A terrible plague has left the glorious crop oceans of Nethamus as little more than blackened sludge, though all is not lost while the vast factory-crawlers yet survive, their district-sized cargo holds packed with enough grain to feed the entire Konor System. However, an armoured spearhead races towards one such leviathan, and must be intercepted at all costs.

THE ARMIES

Each player must first muster an army from the miniatures in their collection. A player can include any models in their army, but if their army is Battle-forged, they will be able to use the unique Fate of Konor Stratagems and the appropriate Stratagems included within this mission.

In this mission, if one player’s Warlord has the IMPERIUM keyword, they are automatically the Defender, and their opponent is the Attacker. If both player’s Warlords have the IMPERIUM keyword, or neither player’s Warlord has the IMPERIUM keyword, the players must roll off to decide who will be the Attacker and who will be the Defender.

THE BATTLEFIELD

Create a battlefield using the deployment map included with this mission and then set up terrain. The battlefield should contain little cover beyond the odd piece of debris and battlefield detritus, representing the vast blackened plains that once teemed with crops.

DEPLOYMENT

After terrain has been set up, the players then alternate deploying their units, one at a time, starting with the Defender. A player’s models must be set up wholly within their own deployment zone.

FIRST TURN

The Defender rolls a D6. On a roll of 6, the Defender can choose to take the first turn; otherwise the Attacker has the first turn.

BREAKTHROUGH

The Attacker’s units can move off the battlefield edge labelled ‘Exit Route’ so long as all of the models in a unit are able to make it off the board in the same phase. Any units that do so have reached an effective range to attack the factory-crawler behind the Defender’s line – they are removed from the battlefield and take no further part in the battle.

BATTLE LENGTH

The players should use the Random Battle Length rules (see the Narrative Play Mission Rules in the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook) to determine how long the battle lasts.

VICTORY CONDITIONS

At the end of the game, the player who has scored the most victory points wins a major victory. If both players have the same number of victory points, the game is a draw. Victory points are achieved for the following:

Armoured Spearhead: Each time the Attacker destroys an enemy unit, they score 1 victory point. In addition, the Attacker scores 1 victory point for each of their units that moved off the battlefield via the Exit Route (see Breakthrough, above), or 2 victory points for each VEHICLE model that moved off the battlefield in this manner.

Crush the Foe: Each time the Defender destroys an enemy unit, they score 1 victory point. The Defender scores 1 additional victory point if the last model in the enemy unit was slain by an attack made by a friendly VEHICLE.

Slay the Warlord: If the enemy Warlord has been slain during the battle, you score 1 victory point.

STRATAGEMS

In this mission, players can spend Command Points (CPs) to use the weekly Fate of Konor Stratagems, which are available in all participating stores or with any purchase of special weekly units at games-workshop.com. Players also have access to the following bonus Stratagems:

1CP

ARMOURED ASSAULT

Attacker Stratagem

Use this Stratagem in your Shooting phase to shoot with a VEHICLE from your army that Advanced earlier in the turn. It counts as not having moved for the purposes of firing its weapons.

2CP/3CP

ALL POWER TO THE GUNS!

Defender Stratagem

Use this Stratagem in your Shooting phase. If you do so, pick a VEHICLE from your army that did not move in the preceding Movement phase. The cost in CPs depends on the Wounds characteristic of the model you pick: this Stratagem costs 2 CPs to activate if the vehicle has 15 Wounds or fewer on its profile, and 3 CPs otherwise. You can fire twice with that vehicle this phase, but must subtract 1 from all of its hit rolls when you do so.

1CP

RESURGENT MACHINE SPIRIT

Defender Stratagem

Use this Stratagem at the start of your turn. If you do so, pick a VEHICLE from your army; for the duration of the turn (unless it is destroyed), use the characteristics on the top line of the Damage chart on the vehicle’s datasheet, regardless of the number of wounds it has remaining.

If I understand this weeks mission correctly, we should just take nothing but Heldrakes and rush them off the table. Easy win for Chaos. Am I missing something?

Besides the 'boots on the ground' rule? I don't actually have an all helldrake army, and I am not going to buy one for a single mission.

Also, what happens if you evacuate your whole army, wouldn't that technically count as being tabled...?

No, the game ends and you tally up your points. If you move off the table you are fulfilling your objectives and scenario rules take precedence over core.

Edited by Azekai

If I understand this weeks mission correctly, we should just take nothing but Heldrakes and rush them off the table. Easy win for Chaos. Am I missing something?

Besides the 'boots on the ground' rule? I don't actually have an all helldrake army, and I am not going to buy one for a single mission.

Neither do I, and it would be foolish do buy stuff just for this single scenario (but I guess GW is counting on just that). BotG does not matter in this mission though.

In all seriousness: a mix of "heavy" vehicles (Land Raider etc.) to hold the ground and kill things and a couple of flyers (maybe borrow one or two from others for this one game?) to score easy victory points by killing some chaff in turn 1 and then run off the board in turn 2 for even more VP ... sounds like a plan to me.

Yeah things are leaning more towards Imperial...however, there is a way around with without the whole flyer bit.

Some really negative things, we set up 52" away from the escape edge. If this was always about guarding a convoy they already have a mission like that in the book and we could have used that. It just feels like GW wants us to be d-bags whenever we play the missions. Flyers are great however there is an easy way for us to win.

Raptors, warptalons, terminators. Repeat the mantra. We go first, unless defender rolls a 6 so that gives us a high chance of going first which means...

Deep strike 1" away from the back board, hold the line for a turn and then walk off the next. Is it cheesy? Oh by the gods yes. But it means we have a chance to win it because I don't know about you but there is no way a rhino is going to make it 52" in a random turn game and survive to get to the other side.

Well, good thing I converted a Kharibdys for my Death Guard. Ramming 18 Plaguemarines, a Plaguecaster and a Chaos Lord down my opponent's throat on Turn 1 will hurt. And on the other side of the table I can deploy my Helbrutes and Bloatdrones. The Drones are fast enough to reach the opposite table edge and the Helbrutes will give support fire with Lascannons and Missile Launchers. And if I don't move them I can even let them shoot twice with their new stratagem.

Sadly I didn't have the time for a game last week. But dammit, I will get some games in next week and try to push the Ruins of Khorsis over the edge. Let there be at least one victory for Papa Nurgle!

This is not the time to give up, brothers! There are still four planets left. The running dog Imperials will be overconfident now after the first two victories. Either get some games in this week or paint up a vehicle that's been on the shelf. Or both!

Now is the time for vengeance! And revenge is a dish best served cold...

http://i.imgur.com/qj4B2RG.gif

Played two games, both using Abaddon, three 5 man term squads and a landraider. Won both. Tabled one opponent and the second I just walked the 4 deep strikers off the table. We called it after that as there was no way of him winning after that. Pretty happy that at the end of the day Chaos was a 92% control of the planet when I left.

If you've not seen the news over on the 40k facebook page.  +Chaos closer in on Nethamus+.  Once I'm on my lap top I'll get the stuff onto here.

So gaming wise, the mission shown on here.  Painting wise, it tanks, which I've been painting my Iron Warrior basilisk for.  If you use tanks I believe it double points.

They are just telling us that there's still a bit of time for Chaos to win this week.

Convoy Druseus (UK ROW) is controlled by Chaos (just barely).

The Neck (NA) is controlled by the Imperium (just barely).

Ruins of Khorsis (EU) is controlled by the Imperium (a bit harder to take control for Chaos here).

So nothing we didn't already knew by checking the Fate of Konor website.

Lost this week unfortunately- as some had pointed out at the beginning, getting a Rhino down the football field table turned out to be impossible. Did manage to kill Guilliman in a pretty swift and brutal fashion (drowned him in buffed Berzerkers) with him doing far less than his points worth of damage, so that was extremely satisfying.

I have a game wednesday against an Imperium player. Ultramarines with Guilliman leading it. I'm going to try and ignore big blue but it is the narrow board layout. I could try and cheese it with as few units as possible and deep strike as much as I can but I'm not after that. I have tried to get as many command points as possible from my list, taking some predators to hopefully do some long range damage as well as a gun toting knight to try and up my chances of vps from destroying units and also lessening the fire coming back. Remember fellow Chaos! We score 1 vp for destroying a unit and 1 vp for escaping. We don't just have to push through, we can just destroy them instead and walk over their forces to the other side!