The Tetrarchs of Ultramar - Project

Marcus Arias

I have always been fascinated by the Ultramarines form of governance and the 'Tetrarchy' of Ultramar. Having collected a Heresy Army, I am disappointed that FW hasn't brought out a Tetrarch Model like Eikos Lamaid or Valentus Dolar..yet. Having just read the novel Dark Imperium, I was really excited by the re-creation of the realm of Ultramr as an empire, once again ruled by its Tetrarchy.

So in this new edition of 8th, I am going to embark on a New challenge, to create the 4 Tetrarchs of Ultramar. Below are my plans for these models:

1. Captain Decimus Felix - Tetrarch of Vestapor

I am going to use the Dark Imperium model, as he's described in the book (of the same name):

60010199015_40KDarkImperiumENG03.jpg

You can see my version in the image below supported by Lt. Irresso in the background.

http://i.imgur.com/SR7fuoQl.jpg

2. Captain Severus Agemman - Tetrarch of Konor

99120101153_StartCollectingSpaceMarines0

I have just purchased this model and I will update this thread with WIPs as I go along.

3. Captain Portan of the Genesis Chapter - Tetrarch of Andermung

These next two models I have the greatest degree of freedom, I want something that speaks more than just 'line captain' but we'll see what bits I have to create him!

I intend to paint him in Genesis Colours, following my recipe for Blood Angels (below) however I will incorporate the yellow trims as per the pics in the codex.

http://i.imgur.com/bctKdWc.jpg

4. Captain Balthus of the Doom Eagles - Tetrarch of Protos 

Finally, Balthus, I know nothing about the Doom Eagles, except their 1st Chapter Master was on Calth. I have an idea for this guy as a Vanguard Veteran (blinged up) with a Massive Warhammer.

Additionally, I intend to create Adjutants or Equerries to serve the Tetrachs, this will represent their delegation of their companies and as a battle field Lt for my lists.

Thanks for ready and stay tuned for more....

Thanks for the comments guys, I am working a bit more on Cpt Felix today.. lets see if I can finish him

Don't forget the 5th Tetrarch :wink:

I know, I have the Metal Lord Macragge already, I was thinking of giving a touch up!

I liked this part of Dark Imperium and the way it drew the Ultramarine successors together as a brotherhood. I'll look forward to seeing what you do for Portan and Balthus.

For a 'blinged up Vanguard Veteran' have you considered the Lord Executioner as a base?

I read somewhere Marneus was named tetrarch of Macragge, please confirm if I read it incorrectly, waiting for physical copy of DI novel.

I was planning in doing this too along with the tetrarchs for 30k, waiting for my suzerain and praetorian parts to start it.

Will be looking forward on your updates.

• 1 month later...

Another thread to revisit!

I completed Decimus Felix a while ago and have been using him in the Fate of Konor campaign! But I forgot to upload him to my Tetrarchs Project:

bwPuju4l.jpg

He's leading a small force of Primaris / Normal Marines to root out the vile foes of the Imperium the Death Guard:

ESXVXSql.jpg

Here he is giving the smackdown to a Lord of Contagion (Typhus)

yRpC6gLl.jpg

My next Tetrarch Severus Agemmon:

JExAh1Sl.jpg

He's now basecoated and ready for the detail to be put on him. I am going to run him in with a 5 Man Terminator Assault Squad as befitting his position.