How will you equip Reivers?

Paland

The real kicker of the Grapnel Launchers is the fact that they can ignore any vertical distance when it comes to moving & charging. Sure the 6" is a nice little bonus thing, but what they are really good at is maneuvering a terrain-piece-heavy battlefield. Example: a Devastator squad hiding up high in a building? Reivers can charge it without having to take the height of the building into account.

Obviously, if your meta doesn't have a lot of those terrain pieces, the launchers become far less of a benefit. 

Just picked up a 'real' box of these guys. If I want to use the box long term, in tournaments, and I want to kill stuff in my meta that is popping up.... stuff like Sorcs hiding, indirect fire hiding, Renegades artillery is nasty, and Astra indirect is strong, heck even Tyranids indirect fire is saucy. Any of th two options stand out?

Just picked up a 'real' box of these guys. If I want to use the box long term, in tournaments, and I want to kill stuff in my meta that is popping up.... stuff like Sorcs hiding, indirect fire hiding, Renegades artillery is nasty, and Astra indirect is strong, heck even Tyranids indirect fire is saucy. Any of th two options stand out?

For gravchute versus grapnel, you'll probably want gravchute default. You can add the grapnel as well if you are playing on a lot of boards with heavy terrain. 

For weapons, it's either knife or carbine - the pistol comes standard no matter what. The pistol is S4 AP-1 1D while the carbine is Assault 2 S4 AP0 1D at 24''. The knife gives you 1 extra melee attack added on to their base 2. The result is either 1 extra attack in the fight phase, or 1 extra shooting attack in the shooting phase (not to mention shooting at double the range). 

Therefore, I suggest the carbine and the grav chute. Drop them in the opponent's backline alongside some other units and focus on tieing up or harassing the indirect fire. Focus on the bubble wrap if that indirect fire is in the form of tanks rather than mortar squads and the like. They shouldn't be expected to do much without support, though. Consider the grapnel only if the boards you're playing with tend to have tall buildings and the players use them. 

Carbine and gravchute for me. The range on the carbine gives more options when DSing. If they are going to melee, they lack power weapons anyway, so they'll be hitting light units against whom 2 attacks are probably sufficient.

Well I broke down and built ten of these puppies up. This is the way I went purely for 2 x 24" shots when I drop in. The teleport wing things on the backpack were a real pain and I fear with all the traveling games I do that these will snap off in no time. Packing will be critical here.

I really hope they work out. I've been on the fence for a while on these guys. Perhaps more than any other Primaris unit.

Well I broke down and built ten of these puppies up. This is the way I went purely for 2 x 24" shots when I drop in. The teleport wing things on the backpack were a real pain and I fear with all the traveling games I do that these will snap off in no time. Packing will be critical here.

I really hope they work out. I've been on the fence for a while on these guys. Perhaps more than any other Primaris unit.

I've played one game. Already lost a wing. And there are no spares on the sprue, either.