Bodyguard Lieutenants

Now that I've finally got some free time I am actually able to read the fluff in the new codex.

Just got to the Lieutenant section and it mentions the Salamanders lieutenants are actually viewed as personal bodyguards to the company captain.

What's the views on this, and has anyone run it on a game as a bit of fun?

It's also given me a sweet idea of how to run a model I've been planning on building. Was going to make He'Stan's personal bodyguard, but couldn't get the weaponry to agree under champion unit entries.

Read the same thing.  With them "blowing up" the Company Command squad into multiple units now of Ancients, Apothecarys, Champions and Lieutenants, I see it almost as the exact same thing.  Those 2 marines who just kinda kicked around in a Command Squad and weren't anything special, well they got a promotion.  Those two guys probably were bodyguards at all times anyways just now they're changed the fluff around a bit. 

In my list I've been toying with, I've got 2 lieutenants in there to spread the re-rolls across the board.  Make a 3 flank attack of Left, Centre, Right, with Centre in most cases being your commander (depending on deployment of opposition).  I armed them with combi-flamers and power axes.  

Think it's great to have a new unit for Space Marine armies, and have quickly painted up these two Salamander Lieutenants - both with their master-crafted boltgun. One model [with the bionic leg] has been in my bitz box for decades, and was probably one of my first metal 40k figures in the mid 1990s, the other model [with scanner] was a couple of £ on eBay and was originally released in the late 1990s.

Looking forward to trying these - and their aura ability - in a game soon/

Salamander Lieutenants

I'm in the process of painting a Primaris LT and I've promoted one of my veteran Sgts from his start in 7th edition, against all odds, he's seemed to survive all of my games haha.

As of yet, I'm not really sure how I'll field them. Most likely with two combat squads each, and my command squad can continue to protect He'Stan.