General Necromunda Inspiration Thread not just Films People!

Space Truckin

Are we including stuff inspired by Necromunda as well? Just been watching Killjoys and the sets for Westerly have, to my mind, a very Necromunda feel? High tech but run down, lots of neon, beggars and preachers on the streets, etc, etc.

It depends on how much inspiration you want to take from any particular film - anything cyberpunk/post-apocalyptic is a good start. General sci-fi is broad enough to find other ideas while staying near to the feel of the game. Anything else is probably going to be a case-by-case basis. 

But, for GitS, I'd imagine the Van Saars would be a good gang to foist that theme upon (though you could do it with Eschers and Orlocks, too). 

I don't plan to do them, but I feel that a Reaver inspired scavvy gang may look cool in the tabletop, and fluffwise, they may be a khornate/slaaneshi cult and whatnot. And even if running away from the 80's feeling, it runs deep in the grim dark theme. All indeed in my humble opinion :tongue.:

Edited by Brother Aiwass

Instead of just films can we change this to a general insperation thread? I was going to make one a few days ago but it would probably kill this thread and/or clutter up the other games section with simmilar content.

Oh and I have LOADS of stuff to share that may inspire you. ;)

I know these are post-Necromunda but films like Blade and Matrix are a good starting point for Delaque gangs. I don't know what originally inspired the gang's appearance but those films make me think Necromunda in places.

Delaques are inspired by the bad guys in "City of lost children", are they not?

tumblr_n5wl74EdqX1qedb29o1_400.gif

Trenchcoats and eye-pieces

Edited by Excessus

@Lysi Oooh I love Killjoys! One of my favourite shows at the moment, they need to hurry up with the next season!

How about Ghost in the Shell? Original as well as the new one, both have that necro feel to my eyes.

The manga for sure, it was released in 1989. The first movie wasn't released until late 1995. 

Well... we could if Space Truckin agreed to it... but I'd rather he updated the OP and the thread title than myself, out of courtesy more than anything else.

Totally agree, just thought Id float the idea out there. :)

I found a lot of the spaghetti westerns and movies like The Wild Bunch inspirational to my own personal Necromunda world view back in the day, did a multiplayer scenario based upon the opening sequence in The Wild Bunch involving three gangs (one dressed in stolen Mordian Guard Uniforms who would be robbing the payroll), a group of bounty hunters/scum (who'd been hired by the Guilders to bring in the Wilde Bunch), the local garrison of corrupt PDF troopers and the local townsfolk/miners who would generally run about getting in the way of line of sight, etc.

Any of the Tatooine sequences of the Original Star Wars movies - Mos Eisley/Jabba's barge/the Lars farm 'Holestead'  with water 'vaporators. 

Other inspirations, The Matrix scenes outside of the Matrix, Mad Max. Can we mention TV Series? Well as already stated Killjoys has some good inspirations for Necromunda 'The Nine' a very specific class system, different strands of enforcement, various warlords and 'hackmods'. Blood drive so far has some great inspirational characters. Dark Matter is a little more Inquisimunda but again some great inspiration for house politics, mercenaries and gene mods. 

If were drifting into TV world...

Grounders from The 100

Grounder_warrior_-_the100_313_Join_or_Di

The-100-season-4-Die_All%252C_Die_Merril

fe34fd0d3ec987cf36401381ed93f1f3.jpg

the-100-clarke-lexa-enemy-image.jpg

and some stuff from a film called Doomsday.

doomsday1.jpg

doomsday_1326373623_crop_550x400.jpg

img4.jpg

tumblr_nqm0ir9qmU1qj6sk2o1_500.gif

tumblr_oczxqv774F1rdc5dfo1_500.gif

This is the best bit of the film I think 

Oh and dont forget Waterworld :tu:

Edited by Slave to Darkness

I'd forgotten about Doomsday and Waterworld even though I have both movies sitting on a shelf nearby. 

The Purge movies especially Anarchy and Election Year are quite Inspirational for gang archetypes.

Edited by Corsovitt

The Purge movies especially Anarchy and Election Year are quite Inspirational for gang archetypes.

Might give them a try again, what I have seen didn't impress me but I wasn't really looking for inspiration. 

Whilst not being great movies there are several interesting archetypes a bratty girl gang dressed in prom dresses, hockey masks with friends dressed in various furry fetish costumes, a gang dressed as various American icons like uncle Sam, statue of liberty, etc and then the supremacist mercenaries who would be similar to the venator/cawdor gang type. Also the scenario would make for a good multi gang battle with some random crazy npc archetypes run by the GM, crazy pdf sniper, random civilian mobs purging for the God emperor and npc spryers coming downriver for the purge.

How I've forget Nightbreed?

http://static.rogerebert.com/uploads/blog_post/primary_image/demanders/the-children-of-midian-returning-to-clive-barkers-nightbreed/primary_nfubmqa5wwiupeekwprg.jpg

It even have a Tzeentch dude!

nightbreed-2.jpg

I just want to facepalm so hard.

What about A Clockwork Orange?

Would be extremely cool to see it properly done.

Well... we could if Space Truckin agreed to it... but I'd rather he updated the OP and the thread title than myself, out of courtesy more than anything else.

No problem - A little late to the party but I fixed it, I fixed it good!

Anyone here old enough to remember the movie  C.H.U.D.?

Cannibalistic Humanoid  Underground Dwellers

EDIT:  CHUD remind me of Scavvies hiding in the underhive

Edited by Space Truckin