Humanities time has come, no longer belonging in the only place they have ever known. Nothing can save you from the inevitable terror that we should all fear, even those you call Gods of ruinous powers. There are no gods!

Such beliefs must never be admitted in public, considering the Inquisition may see such "deviant" beliefs as grounds to purge the Chapter. Personally, I think it's so depressing, it strains the audience's ability to "suspend disbelief" regarding a supersoldier who's renowned for fighting on, no matter the odds. If the someone actually believes this, why hasn't he committed suicide already?

I can see the lack of suspended disbelief

I guess I have started to see a Chapter that has been spiritually cut in two. Their own mortality is lost in the feelings of hopelessness but, they are still Marines. They can fight on, no matter the odds while understanding it is pointless. Just waiting for the next shot to end their life. Why do lots of people with depression not commit suicide?

It was asked earlier how far will they go, they will go as far as giving up Mankind

It was asked earlier how far will they go, they will go as far as giving up Mankind

If they abandon the very cause they once fought for, they might as well turn to Chaos. Have yoy changed your mind and decided to write an IA for Chaos renegades?

Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

If they abandon the very cause they once fought for, they might as well turn to Chaos. Have yoy changed your mind and decided to write an IA for Chaos renegades?

Nope still loyalists. I think you can give up on Mankind without giving up on the Imperium

This, to me, comes across with an aggressive undertone. I don't think it's a particularly helpful piece of advice for Minigiant - because as the Liber shows, DIY Chapters can come in all shapes and sizes. It certainly seems that the Denizens of the Deep are a small, strange, cursed, benighted and disliked Chapter - but great. It's different from the many other Chapters of glorious supermen.

The phrase "might as well" is interesting for me. As soon as one hair falls out, you might as well shave your head. As soon as one partner breaks up with you, you might as well quit dating forever. This Chapter seems grim and fatalistic, gifted with a strange and terrible knowledge that has forever altered their perspective. They see Mankind as doomed, as repeating a cycle that has happened to other races before - but they still fight. Why?

Well, there are ways around it. It could be that they fight because of duty. This is what they have been designed to do. It could be that they see the Emperor (and/or the Astartes) as delaying the inevitable. It's the flipside of the archetype of noble Space Marines 'holding back the tide' - these Marines are giving the Imperium one more day. They bemoan the high price they have to pay for such meagre gains - but they do it because that is what they were created to do. They are fulfilling a function, just as the Imperium is.

(As a note, this is separate from the suggested concept that the Chapter does not believe in Gods. I feel that the two are mutually exclusive.)

They bemoan the high price they have to pay for such meagre gains - but they do it because that is what they were created to do. They are fulfilling a function, just as the Imperium is.

(As a note, this is separate from the suggested concept that the Chapter does not believe in Gods. I feel that the two are mutually exclusive.)

This is what I was going for. So in battle they are cold and efficient.

I am comfortably moving away from the idea of a 21st 'Cursed' founding chapter. Whatever founding it is I would like it to be pre-21st so that I could have a 21st cursed successor chapter to play 'Shadows over Innsmouth' with (still, a story for another time. I must stay on task).

Maybe between 5th and 7th and go for a founding during the Year of Ghosts for symbolism?

Older the chapter the more depressed they are.

So between 5th - 7th with or without the Year of Ghosts

Next, the pendulum has swung more firmly towards Silver Skulls over Blood Ravens as founding chapter. Quoted from Lexicanum the Silver Skulls:

The Silver Skulls also tattoo the skin of their entire bodies in honour markings, with the face being the last area to be marked, with the right to do so earned in battle.

There are two ways in which the Chapter cult deviates from the Codex Astartes, the first a custom inherited from their recruiting worlds: the practice of head taking. Especially powerful enemies are beheaded during battle, serving as trophies until victory is achieved. As part of its post-battle rituals, the Chapter selects the heads of the most powerful enemies, flense flesh from bone and layer the skulls in a coat of silver to be displayed within the Fortress-Monastery.

The second Codex deviation is their specific use of Prognosticators, the Silver Skulls Librarians and partial spiritual advisor alongside their Chaplains.These warriors are the seers of the Chapter, reading the Emperor's Tarot or Rune-stones for divination of the future,

They have three aspects. I am certain on the route to take with two of them

1. Tattoos. Well honour markings certainly don't fit but maybe tattoo does. With Elder Marks, Pentagrams instead. Unsure, looking for thoughts

2. Heading. Absolutely NOT

3. Prognosticators. The name probably fit the theme but their role certainly does/can. With every brother having visions, these brother can not only make sense of them but can themselves look further than anyone else.

Edited by Minigiant

It's certainly up to you, but I do wonder whether this is the perfect sort of Chapter to be from the 21st Founding. They certainly seem weighed down - cursed - by their visions. I think of how some Chapters - such as the Fire Hawks - seemed to be apparently absolutely fine until their fate befell them. It could even be the case that the Chapter dismisses such nonsense, but it is hard for an observer not to draw a link between the rumours of curses and the dark dreams that weigh down these benighted warriors.

This is certainly the reason as to why it was under serious consideration. It is also a seriously easy way to explain the use of void born as recruits (talking of which, I need more ideas on.)

but it is hard for an observer not to draw a link between the rumours of curses and the dark dreams that weigh down these benighted warriors.

There are a few reasons as to why the pendulum is currently swinging away from it. (Dont get me wrong still very open minded about it).

The first reason being is they cannot yet have a fate, I do want them very much alive in the Dark Imperium

2. I want successor chapters, very hard to justify not just one but multiple chapters founded from a cursed chapter

3. I want Primaris marines, they surely would not be provided with Primaris marines if they are also being driven out and cleansed from the Imperiums history.

Your opinion then opens up the idea again that should I name their founding? If it is left blank it leaves the possibility that they could be

Edited by Minigiant

I believe I have this section in a state of near completion, barring any changes to streamline it alongside the other sections. If no one has any glaring issues I will move onto another section; either Gene-seed (and get this mutation down) or Recruitment (Finalise the Void born aspect). Leaning towards the former because I have never written a gene-seed section more than a couple of sentences.

Anyway without further ado:

Chapter Cult and Belief System

Haunted by their dreams, for fear is real, lying in their thoughts of the future. Seen as secretive, ill-omened, and somehow touched by the Warp; for the Abyssi are and know of the unfathomable dangers of the outer darkness. Inured to the reality-altering process of constant Warp travel, they carry a strange air about them, a perceptible something that makes even the bravest of Astartes Chapters uneasy around them.

The Abyssi know first-hand the horrors of space and the sheer multitude of the Emperor's enemies. This knowledge forces these voidfarers, plying the dark void between the stars holding a deeper darkness within, to insular their brotherhood, a life in renunciation from what is lurking in the void beyond the hull.

Minds of the Prognosticators deep within the Librarium look far out into the cold vastness of space further than any brothers dreams. Their sight piercing the encouraging black veil for only a second to see shrieking and immemorial lunacy, with eldritch contradictions of all matter, force, and cosmic order. A mountain walked or stumbled, for their minds to then be scorched. It has uncovered the abyss beneath our illusory sense of connection with Mankind.

What all Brothers see is a senseless, mechanical, and uncaring universe. Mankind dissolves in the meaningless when impermanence is the only real thing. They have tried for so long to look away and to wake from these terrible dreams but with no understanding their minds are pulled and stretched further. The strain is almost too much for some. Staring deep into the void for so long it now only stares back, as a contradicting reflection of what they have become, Reclusive, Withdrawn, Taciturn; Denizens of the deep.

No ordinary Denizen will be remembered for all legacies will be burned but, the stars will live on. To recount such tales only delays the inevitable entropic devouring of such. For that the most solemn of causes is that of the Apothecarion; to prepare for a future that does not exist.

The millennia of screeching divinations and torturous dreams have left the Inquiliana Abyssi with only a cold senseless taste of hopelessness. Their actions cannot be compared to the fate that awaits us all, it will all be dust. Humanities time has come, no longer belonging in the only place they have ever known. Nothing can be saved from the inevitable terror that we should all fear, even those you call Gods of ruinous powers. There are no gods!

That tenant disturbs the Ecclesiarchy for not only do they deny the existence of their God but, all that it opposes; all that is supposedly defends against. It puts them odds with the Adeptus Mechanicus, and the Techmarines within their ranks who have sworn ancient pacts with the Omnissiah. To find a follower of the Imperial Cult not openly hostile to what they consider such blasphemy will be a darkest day indeed. To perpetuate such an idea of a deity that can save us from the unsavable, only serves to deny that we are alone, and hopeless in the grandest of schemes.

Realisation of the inevitable fate that belongs to us all is creeping into our galaxy, like the tendriled Void Stalker of the Warp with their prey. We could never fathom, fully understand, or explain fate but it is nearly upon us, and it will become known as a blessed release for our fate is no longer in anyones hands.

They understanding that there is only Xenos and Mankind in this tumultuous galaxy, for Gods are only considered omniscient from not being understood and obeying a set of laws. Though all Xenos are dangerous to mankind, they are neither good nor evil, the greatest of which are merely incomprehensible, cosmic forces, that notions of morality have no significance too. They exist in cosmic realms beyond our understanding. While the Deathwatch and Ordo Xenos mode operati is considered narrow and flawed, for the Abyssi to be assigned to a Watch Station or Fortress is one of the last remaining noble causes in the galaxy.

Their own splendour is that of which was unwillingly bestowed upon. In the darkest millennium it needlessly stands out with towering majesty to give hope to those that have none. For we all go into the ground a few feet in order blindly and dumbly to rot and disappear forever.

Edited by Minigiant

Dwelling on the Chapter Cult and Belief system, I have realised how many units it fundamentally alters when combined with Prognosticators.

Chaplains

Apothecarys

Techmarines (Where spiritually the chapter is split in two, these are split in 3, ouch!)

Deadnoughts (How sad are they going to be)

Anyway I have got a draft of the Gene-seed. In future I want to expand this with knowledge of Primaris, as well as the armour often used.

Gene-seed

Descendant of the line of Guilliman, through the legacy of the Silver Skulls, their Gene-seed maintained its renown for its stability upon the founding of the Inquiliana Abyssi; only exacerbating the distinguishing features of the void born recruits drawn features and pallid skin.

Not before long the Catalepsean Node began to exhibit signs of a peculiar mutation, operationally it still controlled the rhythms and responses to any sleep deprivation, allowing them to stay awake at full effectiveness for days at a time. They do, for when they sleep they are consumed with potent, disturbing, and dark dreams, overwhelming them with dread. Prognosticators scry these dreams to glean small hints of the future, whose own dreams travel out so much further, giving them all cold black dancing in their eyes.

The Apothecaries do what they can to ease the burden of such nightmares but, for those who find them all too much are slowly driven insane are led away in pentagrammically warded chains to a chamber deep in the bowls of Cetus, where they will mutter nonsensically for their eternity about what placid island of ignorance we live in among black seas of infinity. Prognosticators sit piecing together dissociated pieces of knowledge opening up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein.

Unlike their fellow descendants of Guilliman before his un-prophesised return, the Abyssi never once aspired to take the pilgrimage to the Shrine of the Primarch. For their visions have made them pariahs and  shunned.

I have come to an epiphany, originally I included the name 'Inquiliana Abyssi' as a way to shoe horn into my prefered saying 'Denizens of the Deep' (Which I think sounds cool, implies loads, just isnt good as a Chapter name). Now I have written out the Chapter Cult and Belief System I think I have stumbled into not needing 'Inquiliana Abyssi' for it.

As Space Marines are the Angels of Death and the Space Wolves are The Sky Warriors. My Chapter are [iNSERT NAME] Denizens of the Deep

So I am now opening up the Chapter name again. Fortunately I came up with a selection of suitably lovecraftian and mythos inspired names when brainstorming successor chapter names:

Ash Horrors

Ghost Eaters

Shadow Dwellers

Howling Revenants

Add in:

Death Whisperers

Leviathans

Void Stalkers

Remove Howling Revenants as the name 100% doesnt suit the chapter.

I have some thinking to do. I'm also glad it is one less hoop to jump through with them. What are your thoughts?

Still debating Chapters new name

Origins

The history of the Star Haunters can be traced back to the terrifying times somewhere around the Year of the Ghosts. When the High Lords of Terra ordered a nascent Chapter from Gene-legacy of the Silver Skulls, the line of Guilliman, to be founded; Bhenan Proteus [star Haunter] was appointed, as first Lord Commander. Known for his [DESCRIPTION], and from which the Chapters namesake was taken.

Being founded as all Chapters do, from the most stable of gene-stock, it is clear they werent the only one, how many chapters were founded alongside is unclear, with a great many records lost within the labyrinth of the Administrum. All that is known is that at least half a dozen were founded; Howling Griffons, to name one, a majority of which follow the strict organisational and tactical guidelines of the Codex Astartes, like most of the approximate thousand chapters in existence, as do the Abyssi to an extent.

He started them upon a path that for over seven thousand years has earned them a cold reputation among the Imperium since their inception, with their grim and fatalistic view on Mankind, from the strange and terrible knowledge they burden. They fight to deny the inevitable, bemoaning the high price they have to pay for such meagre gains - but they do it because that is what they were created to do. It started within a few years of their founding, brothers began experiencing vivid hallucinogenic dreams as their Catalepsean Node slowly mutated. These dreams were glimpses into a horrifying future, and eerily mirrored the more worrying divinations the chapters Prognosticators were beginning to scry.

As the dreams progressed in severity they reached out; to the Adeptus Mechanicus and their Genator-Magos, Abdul Hazred, to the Ultramarines that shared the same

primogenitor as their Silver Skull forebearers. Only to be turned away for being too frightening to be believed. How could they not know the truth somewhere in their minds, how could they not; look out into the stars, or into the void and not realise how tiny we all are, how pointless Mankind is in this universe. The Imperium is the centre of nothing. The confession of their genetic mutation only brought the Imperiums scrutiny down onto the Abyssi, and with it Inquisitorial investigation and spurning suspicion. So they learned to stay quiet, until one day they perceive someone is truly ready to listen.

Sentenced to purgatory along the Imperiums isolated southern border that would repair the power and reach of the Adeptus Astartes, until such time they could once again call themselves Scions of Guilliman. Haunted by unimaginable visions and nightmares has profoundly altered their tale to this day, and Unlike their fellow descendants of Guilliman before his un-prophesised return, the Abyssi have never once aspired to take the pilgrimage to the Shrine of the Primarch. For their visions have made them pariahs and shunned.

Draft segment of Recruitment. I really want to go to town with this section as Void born are not very often written about, struggling though so need suggestions, as well as thoughts as to what is written

Recruitment

The plight of the Void born was one of reflection; they too were homeless and ostracised without just cause. Empathy overcame Proteus soul. Their shared ethereal quality and inurement with the Warp convinced him that they could serve as the source of future Inquiliana Abyssi. Without a Homeworld and after settling into their patrol of the periphery of the vastly unknown Veiled Region, with its dense nebulae and newborn stars that suffer from waves of radiation alongside discarded stellar matter whilst being cloaked in stellar dust, along the galactic south of the Segmentum Tempestus, from which come the raiders and despoilers of the foul Xenos. The Abyssi became responsible for the surrounding areas of space, chief among them the Ainu System, the Nahmu Stars and the [NAME] Expanse. Apothecaries and Chaplains of the Abyssi recruit aspirants for the Chapter from the vast, city-sized spacecraft that too ply the depths of the void in order to ensure that the Chapter recruits the strongest mentally and most genetically suitable candidates. Most terrifying of which are the Darkholds these ships are couched in stories of dire curses, ill-omens, bleak fortunes, baleful massacres, cannibalism, hauntings and worse. The Darkholders are a breed apart to those with the wisdom to see it, a higher proportion of Chaplains are recruited from these terrifying vessels.

The Chapter's space bound fortress monastery and flagship, known as Cetus, is a gigantic starship of origins unknown but, it bears similar resemblance to the now lost Word Bearer trident shaped Furious Abyss-class Super Battleships of the Great Crusade. It rivals that of the Phalanx with its surface studded with arched gunports, the squat shape of its plasma lance, and Psionic charges alongside other defences. The new Void born aspirants are brought here and are inducted into Abyssi cult; surrounded by barren halls, portions of the vessel used to emulate different combat environments for training purposes, tapestries of the terrifying nightmares they are to expect, large spaces given way to meditation, and breathing in its unique ecosystem, here neophytes will undergo gruelling biological and genetic testing before being implanted with the gene-seed that will sustain them through a lifetime of misery.

I think a Cimmerian attitude towards gods and men, will help make the Marines seem stronger. (Read Robert E. Howard's original 'Conan the Barbarian' stories to understand.)

You're in danger? You already have everything you need to save yourself- the Emperor breathed into you strength in mind, body, and soul, at the moment of your birth, and He will gift you with no more. If you don't use the strength the Emperor already gifted you to save yourself, you will not only die, you will deserve to die for wasting the Emperor's gifts.

The name dilemma continues. This is the opening paragraph to their origins. Inquiliana Abyssi doesnt fit because it doesnt translate properly.

The history of the Sussurro Abyssi can be traced back to the terrifying times somewhere around the Year of the Ghosts. When the High Lords of Terra ordered a nascent Chapter from Gene-legacy of the Silver Skulls, the line of Guilliman, to be founded; Bhenan Proteus ‘Abyssal Whisperer’ was appointed, as first Lord Commander. Known for his; peculiar superstitions, near ritualistic talking into the void about his Prognosticators divinations, and from which the Chapter’s High Gothic name derives.

I am looking for suggestions

Whisperers seems fitting

With the pro-noun

Void - Inanis

Star - Stella

Abyss - 'Abyssi'

Space - Astra

I think a High Gothic name suits the chapter, as it does with a Lovecraftian writing style

Recruitment

Settling into their duty of protecting the periphery of the Segmentum Tempestus from Xenos incursions, an expeditionary fleet led by the Sussurro Abyssi tasked with mapping some essential yet unknown areas of the Veiled Region. Without it the limited levels of navigation conducted on this region made it both dangerous and hazardous. It is unstable at best, perennial nebulas interfering with communication, psionic radiation leaving vessels to drift for days unable to enter to the tumultuous Immaterium. Amongst the greatest dangers is in its isolation from Astropathic communication, for psychic communication is reflected and echoed with only silence being returned. It was only for their skilled Navigators the exploration was allowed, and for why it was successful. Without them they would be unable to traverse the seemingly seen breaking point of reality, thickening nebulae, and stellar clouds. It was in this seemingly unknown and forgotten area of space, they came upon what they were told did not exist. Under law they were prohibited, Human Settlements. What was more striking was the seemingly consistent amount of vessels that came and went bringing supplies and much needed trade; even despite of the treatment they received.

All manner of vessels would traverse through this region of space; merchant, miner, scavenger, prison, darkholds, and even Rogue Traders. Without them these human settlements would be isolated from one another and left unprotected. Interstellar trade could not exist, and the weapons needed to stop a world falling into darkness would not be obtained. There travel throughout the Imperium is arduous and dangerous, their ancient vessels powerful engines flinging them into the Immaterium where they can cover thousands of light years within a relatively short time, dropping back into the Materium far beyond their starting point. The Warp seeks to drag helpless vessels to their doom, with its constant turbulence, and warp storms.

Those aboard those vessels are not merely star travellers but the products of many generations passed in the darkness between worlds, Void Born. They are relatively few among the teeming multitudes of humanity, but singular, and form a disparate and odd collection of misfits, strangers, and other ill-omened folk, birthed in the bellies of vessels that are spending standard centuries charting its course through the stars. On the worlds they came to they were shunned for their ethereal quality and considered to be unlucky, ill-fated, bringers of bad fortune, secretive, and untrustworthy. Believed in some way to have been touched by the Warp where gravitational variance, radiation exposure, genetic distortion, and Warp anomalies slowly take their toll. A shore they carried a strange air about them, a perceptible something that makes others uneasy. It is those of the Blackholds treated worst for with them comes a darker reputation. They are couched in stories of dire curses, bleak fortunes, baleful massacres, cannibalism, hauntings and worse.

The plight of the Void born was one of reflection; they too were homeless and ostracised without just cause. Empathy overcame Proteus soul. They too were somehow associated with the many and unfathomable dangers of the outer darkness, and being inured with the Warp, convinced him that they could serve as the source of future Sussurro Abyssi. Without a Homeworld and having settled into patrolling the periphery of the vastly unknown Veiled Region, with its dense nebulae and newborn stars that suffer from waves of radiation alongside discarded stellar matter whilst being cloaked in stellar dust, along the galactic south of the Segmentum Tempestus, from which come the raiders and despoilers of the foul Xenos. The Abyssi became responsible for the surrounding areas of space, chief among them the Ainu System, the Nahmu Stars and the Hypnis Expanse. Apothecaries and Chaplains of the Abyssi recruit aspirants for the Chapter from the vast, city-sized spacecraft that too ply the depths of the void in order to ensure that the Chapter recruits the strongest mentally and most genetically suitable candidates. Most terrifying of aspirants are from the Darkholds. The Darkholders are a breed apart to those with the wisdom to see it, a higher proportion of Chaplains are recruited from these terrifying vessels. Recruitment is slow and arduous, with no centralised recruitment and no knowing of when the next suitable aspirant will be found within the innumerable of voidfaring vessels. Chaplains must work within the labyrinthine of political webs woven amongst the thousands of ship's crew, who might all be embroiled in complex webs of feuds, alliances, and unpleasant little wars to not disrupt the carefully balanced system. Removing one wrong aspirant can potentially hampers the void born population's ability to maintain itself and properly crew the ships themselves and deprive the Chapter of a source of future recruits.

The Chapter's space bound fortress monastery, flagship, and foremost warship appears as a pre-imperial battle station, is known as Cetus, a gigantic starship of origins unknown. In form and scale, it is nearer a planetoid than a conventional vessel. Its foredeck can dock a dozen Imperial Navy Cruisers around its circumference. The vessel is a hive city in space, with its great spires reaching towards the stars, and its striking resemblance to the now lost Word Bearer trident shaped Furious Abyss-class Super Battleships of the Great Crusade. It rivals that of the Phalanx, wielding the firepower of a formidable ?eet, with its studded surface of arched gun batteries, the squat shape of its plasma lance, and Psionic charges alongside other defences.

Brought here to be inducted into the Abyssi the Void Born aspirants will step out to breath in its unique ecosystem and see; large portions of the vessel used to emulate different combat environments for training purposes, swathes of space given way to meditation, tapestries of the terrifying nightmares they are to expect but, most of all the endless barren halls. It is here neophytes will undergo the long process of psycho indoctrination, and gruelling biological and genetic testing before being implanted with the gene-seed that will sustain them through a lifetime of nightmares, and turn their meagre bodies into killing machines and into an Abyssal Whisperer begins. A once humble and frail recruit becomes the epitome of humanity, the perfect warrior and servant of the Imperium.

Some side work to break up the writing.

tumblr_inline_oxnscajAnL1tb1qq6_540.png

I need to do some serious brainstorming for when it comes to Battlefield Doctrine. Not what they do, they are Space Marines but, how they do it. I think it will be a fine line to walk with it.

Organisation is far simpler, I just need to work out how to write in Prognosticators, into an otherwise codex compliant chapter

Thinking about how squids and octopuses hunt, I think camouflage and ambush tactics will be emphasized (see those able to change color to camouflage themselves), approaching from unexpected directions, like narrow mountain paths one would think are too narrow for power armored Astartes (see octopuses' ability to squeeze into narrow spaces), probing, flanking, and harassment attacks (see tentacles) meant to direct the enemy towards the main body of a Denizens of the Deep army (see the beak an octopus or squid eats with).

I think the two biggest combat qualities would be silence, and efficiency. Following the great divinations of their spiritual leaders the Prognosticators. I also think they would be obedient, following orders to the last word. If they die, so what, to them they are already dead

Small update

Settled on Chapter Name: Sussurro Abyssi - Abyssal Whisperers

I have written up the organisation, nothing particularly special. I just had to imagine how I would write the Silver Skulls organisation and directly lift it

Combat Doctrine, well it has a lot of uncohesive bullet points

I cant see them shouting in battle, rising their fury for battle. Dont see it

Why fight if you know you are already dead?

I can't see them running away but, instead of being like the Imperial Fists for it to be about honour. It is because they dont care if they die

If you dont see the point in fighting, efficiency might be the only aim?

There is a lot to unravel from there general psyche, and how it translates into WAR!

Whilst I fully support a nihilistic, fatalistic Chapter, you're saying that they see no point in fighting. That, I think, begins to go too far towards to a place in which the Chapter becomes completely unsustainable. Why would the Chapter recruit at all?

Indeed, 100% agree. I am struggling to find that perfect space between the two ends of the spectrum

Again, I recommend reading Robert E. Howard's works, e.g., of Kull of Atlantis or Conan the Barbarian. A pure Lovecraftian Chapter would be one of Ikari Shinjis (see 'Neon Genesis Evangelion' and its remakes).

I read Conan, I have a few notes from it. Wasnt an exact fit for what I am invisioning

Now I have to say I HATE YOU

Neon Genesis Evangelion is pretty close, and now I have another small addiction

How about 'Solomon Kane'? The books show evil CAN be fought- often with great difficulty, with evil often taking its toll and killing innocents despite its defeat- but victory IS possible, as long as you put in enough effort. (I don't think Shinji's resignation to his own fate, is any way comparable to a Robert E. Howard protagonist's determination and defiance.)

I dont think they would be determined, when they see the inevitable. Defiance, it is there job, what they were created to do

I am struggling with it, my drafts (that will never see the light of day) go to a very Crimson Fist feel. I dont feel that is them

I think I have something though

• The Sickness Unto Death - Physical death is nothing to fear but mental death is. The "Sickness unto Death" is the mental death, called despair. Despair is a misrelation between the physical and mental elements of humans.
  • Instumentality
  • Ambivalence

I never once thought that their Chapter Cult and Belief system would alter this so much, as well as provide so many avenues to go with it

Edited by Minigiant