Is Raven Guard mono Primaris the best?

Jochteas

Okay, I went to the 'drawing board' sorta speak and decided try to map out a full primaris company as they would be. My goal here is to make a full company that I can use exclusively while playing as Primaris. And I do mean I intend on getting all the squads and filling it out. However to keep in mind I want to make it as codex complaint as possible.

Conditions:

6-12 Battle Line Squads

2-4 Close support Squads

2-4 Fire Support Squads

All of this totaling 100

What I did was;

Complete:

50 intercessors (Battle Line) 6 (unsure how I want to break it, I'm thinking 4 Squada of 10, 2 squads of 5)

15 inceptors (Close support) 3 ( two squads of 6, one of 3)

10 Reivers (Close support) 1 ( one squad of 10)

15 Aggressors ( Fire support) 3 (two squads of 6. one of 3)

10 hell Blastors ( Fire Support) 1 ( one squad of 10)

Notes:

>I honestly don't know how good Hellblasters and Reiverss are in game, I've read about them but playing them is different. I thought since there exist such few primaris units that it would be foolish of me not to put one of each type in.

> I am in love with inceptors and Aggressors. I love the inceptors speed, dakka, and most importantly ( for me) model. So they're gonna be important to my army list. Same goes for aggressors, I honestly want full 3 squads of both but that would make it weird to get to 100 and I doubt I'll actually use 3 squads of either and or together on one list

> I'm worried that I need more Reivers and Hellblastb at the cost of my inceptors and aggressors, but most primaris list I saw really didn't have many and still had a lot of battleline unit incessors.

> I didn't include HQ units and such like Librarians and Apothecaries. For right now I'm just getting one each, see what I like and then go from there.

As for the fluff, ( according to http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Aajz_Solari) Aajz Solari is a gambling man and was put in charge of major elements of the Leviathan Hive fleet combat force. I was gonna have him roll his last dice during that fight with leviathan and die/disappear. Needing an entirely new battle company and receiving a sudden influx of veteran Primaris soldiers joining, Shrike organized the majority of Primaris into the 2nd company. This allowed him and the others to keep a close tabs on them, to be able to quickly assist them if needed but to also see them prove their worth, and to be ready incase Guilliman's great project needs cancelled.

That's what I got and I would greatly appreciate feedback on any and all of it.

Yes sir, in 8th edition more this happened from ( https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Ka%27bandha )

"M42, Baal system

Set during the Devastation of Baal and the Indomitus Crusade, the Blood Angels and their successor chapters were defending against Hive Fleet Leviathan. The Blood Angels defense would not hold for long and as the final defense was broken something strange occurred. A Warp anomaly occurred and swept away the hive fleet. Every Imperial and Tyranid on the moon Baal Prime was dead and the skulls of the dead xenos were arranged so that they would create the symbol of Ka'Bandha on the moon. It would seem that Khorne had intervened and saved the remaining Blood Angels alongside the arrival of the Indomitus Crusade and Papa Smurf."

I was going to have Aajz on the moon / skies above fighting Tyrinnid. Then that happens and 2nd company is literally erased. Part of the lore I was going to work on is the Company Captain and a few members of his inner circle trying to discover why exactly Aajz was their fighting and what happened to the members of the 2nd. One of the fluffy struggles would be finding acceptance not only as Primaris marines but the struggle to honor the previous 2nd company while establishing the identity and culture of the current. So many marine chapters have rich and varried cultures dating literally 10s of thousands of years of history but the Primaris marines lack that connection. They need both forge their seat at the table with the rest of the chapter while also ensuring it is distinctively their own.

Edited by Jochteas