+++BCK's Character Conversion Challenge: Prizes!+++

Can I enter the competition? If so...

I, LuisMars pledge to convert Captain Silas Alberec for Exorcists in the Character Conversion Challenge and finish on or before October 2nd 2017 to be eligible for judgment.

silas.jpg

He has rules in 8th but the picture was removed from the IA book. I'll take inspiration from this one:

Also, I would like to ask, if I present another entry but I don't finish it in time, does that invalidate my first entry too?

Yes, you can enter another conversion but in the case of multiple entries only one of your entries will be eligible for judgment, and you will choose which one that is. If you fail to complete it in time it will not invalidate your other entries. 

Can I enter the competition?

Yup!

Also, I would like to ask, if I present another entry but I don't finish it in time, does that invalidate my first entry too?

Yes, you can enter another conversion but in the case of multiple entries only one of your entries will be eligible for judgment, and you will choose which one that is. If you fail to complete it in time it will not invalidate your other entries. 

Can I enter the competition?

Yup!

Great! Then I would like to vow to complete Rogal Dorn, The Vigilant, Primarch of the VII, the Imperial Fists, before September ends! As a base I'll be using an actual model this time, 40k Roboute Guilliman, but greenstuff will be involved:

HSMS9VT.jpg

I don't know if I'll finish him on time or if he will be better than Badrukk, but I loose nothing pledging him and having a deadline always motivates me :P!

My first inspiration was finding the Ironbreakers standard bit. My Rune Priest could get a book on top of his TDA, like Librarians, but his book would be covered with runes. The dangling disks made such ornamentation too high and had to be removed and a green stuff mount was filed to get the right angle and increase the strength of the attachment. Inspiration struck again, and I decided to replace the TDA knee caps with the smaller rune encrusted disks. After lots of cutting, filing, scraping, and filing some more on both the legs and the disks, I found a great fit! I then cut the waist belt away to add a custom green stuff wolf pelt. I cut away the iconography on the chest plate and built it up with green stuff to meet and fit well with the Primaris arms I had chosen. I was thinking of putting the one larger, formerly hanging, disk in the chest plate, but the fit was off so I carved some runes into the green stuff chest and filled it smooth (Maintaining the runic recesses) when hard. Next, I cut and scraped away at the Primaris shoulder pads until I could fit on proper TDA pauldrons, the left with the Crux Terminatus. Further green stuffed a cable for the sword arm. Added a wolf tail on a ring to the hilt of the sword. Cut up all the bits for a combi-plasma that came out quite nicely. I added a little crux from some Wulfen bits to the besagew (? [small shield over arm pit]), cut up some thunderwolf cavalry pouches to add on, covered the dwarf head on the standard with the larger hanging disc, added a flowing purity seal from a Dark Angels upgrade sprue, and bathed a chain from the storm wolf/fang box in boiling water until I could shape it to fit around the backside of the armor. At one time I was thinking of making a cloak or cape out of the dozens of surplus wolf tails pictured in the first pledge photo, but doubted it's success and scrapped it in the contemplation phase. I shaved off Krom Dragongaze's mohawk and green stuffed the hood, psychic type. Then cut a big chunk of sprue, lined it with Testors contour putty, dried, added more lines, sculpted it to look like tree bark, added it with some roots and sand (which will be painted as snow) to the base and voil

Some of the bits I needed for Mad Donna wont arrive until after the comp ends, so I will have to drop her from my vow, no biggie as I can only have one mini judged and I have all the bits I need for the Arch Zealot. Before picture posted in my vow post earlier.

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Finished Nevar (might add a primaris cloak, but won't get parts soon so calling it a day for now)

From this snippet in 'Raptor'

"Nevar Hef turned akwardly, the bulk of his misshapen body and elongated arms inconvenient in the close confines of the ship's bridge. His armour was a fusion of old Mk II and Mk III plate, an artifice of the Raven Guard techmarines to fit the lieutenant's hugely muscled form and bent spine. They had even fashioned a helm that could fit him, taken from an incomplete set of terminator armour."

Front

front

Left

left

Right

right

Back

back

"I have made several oaths, in my long life, but i have been careful to swear only those i could fulfil - except for one... Chaos will return with ever greater strength if we allow it, if we give it the vessels it seeks and feed the ambitions that drive the weak to its embrace... I promised that I would destroy every warp-spawned, chaos-tainted creature in the galaxy before I die... and I have always kept my promises, my son."

Corvus Corax

Edited by Shrieker

Great work everyone!

BCK: that destroyer hive concept looks interesting, but I think it needs more detail to really work. However, taking your skills into account, it will probably look great when finished.

On my side of things I managed to finish the Rogal Dorn conversion:

yJWlz16.jpg

Basically I removed any Ultrasmurf symbols or icons that could be associated to Guilliman (such as the helmet), covered the mechanical parts that Guilliman has because of his Martian armour, and added Dorn's weapons and characteristic icons (such as the eagle in the chest). 

Lw0X5pD.jpg

With this I've finished my two entries, but now I have to choose which one to present for judging... Which one do you guys like the most, Badrukk or Dorn?

Damn, had I known I would have been converting a model for this competition just for the sake of it. Ah well, the conversions all look great to me. Could someone please tell me when the "standard HQ" competition has been planned for? I'd like to take part in that at least. 

Phew. Just finished in time.

I present you:

906873-.jpg

The Nemean Reaver, Blackshield lord of the Dark Brotherhood. Instead.of the.Waveblade I gave him another sword as the Playmobil and lego flamberges didn't have the punch I wanted for his sword. But I guess you can. See how that blade may affect the enemies defense and lower is weapon skill against it.

If they come, I shall stand. If they fight me I will not yield. Even should they slay me, I swear that even should it contravene all that is worthy and all that is true, I shall return from whatever pit constrains me and I shall fight them anew, until every one of them I drag into that pit with me.

Unidentified Blackshield Legionary, the Siege of Portresh

Hidden Content
906874-.jpg

906877-.jpg

906876-.jpg

906879-.jpg

906875-.jpg

906878-.jpg

Edit: forgot the iron halo and mastercrafted bolt pistol^^

Here a collage with all perspectives

Hidden Content
906891-.jpg
Edited by MikhalLeNoir

I'll give about 8 more hours before closing this up and deciding on a winner and a runner-up.

I'll be doing the next challenge starting in November due to the number of other events going on, and will announce the subject as soon as I decide on what it will be. 

Sorry for the delay, but real life and the recent issues with the board kept me from finalizing the winners. 

And in first place we have... 

The Traitor with Kaptin Badrukk!

m6AmpRp.jpg

I'll admit that I was a little skeptical when you said he was going to sculpt your entire figure, but this is conversion challenge and you definitely challenged yourself on this one. Congrats!

The runner-up is...

MikhalLeNoir with the Nemean Reaver!

906874-.jpg 

Both of you guys send me a PM with your shipping info and The Traitor, let me know if you want the 30th Anniversary marine or Korvydae. 

Thanks to everyone for participating and I enjoyed seeing the conversions come to life from bits and putty! For those who didn't finish, I don't shame my entrants by asking them to wear a failure badge in their signature, but I would like to see them finished eventually. ;)

The next challenge will begin on November 1 and will be what used to be classified as Walkers prior to 8th edition! The prize (just one this time) for this Challenge will be a FW Death Guard Contemptor dread with two volkite choom arms! Start gathering ideas and bits and be ready for a Walker throw down on November 1!

Wow, I feel honoured, I just saw that the B&C was up again and BLAM, I had won the BCKCCC! Thanks a lot for running the event BCK, you're a true forum hero and inspiration for all of us "converters", this was an awesome thing to do, so many painting events but certainly not enough for the modelling side of the hobby! As for the model, I think I'll take the 30th Anniversary Marine, Captain Korvidae is a really cool character, but I think the Imperial Marine will be better for my army, will convert it in your honour BCK!

And thanks a lot Mikhal, congratulations to you too, as I said on your thread I just love how you did the Nemean Reaver, you've always been a big inspiration of mine! ;)

And walkers for the next challenge uh? That's going to be a tough one, vehicles have never been my specialty... Will see if I get an idea I'm happy with, but maybe I'll have to wait for the next one, monstrous creature or unnamed character would be more on my line :P.