Khârn vs Lucius

Mellow

Khorne only brought Khârn back that one time, IIRC.  I'd expect Khârn to chop Lucius to bits, then become Lucius.  Or maybe Khârn is smarter than we think, and he'd just cut off Lucius' arms and legs, before keeping the torso alive as a trophy.

hmm....funny you say that...:whistling: :wink:

If only there were some objective way of measuring this, say perhaps some kind of rules system or game...

If only people would realise that the rules are an abstraction of a fictional world and not a faithful replication of circumstances and abilities presented in said world because if they were, that'd imply that most units can only shoot at things a few metres away from them, amongst other absurdities that are introduced to facilitate a game on a practical scale, thus rendering the idea of objective comparison of the background through an abstracted set of rules, that shifts quite noticeably through the years, a moot one indeed. If only human thinking-meat would allow for such epiphanies... Perhaps if Rom granted us more eyes...

Edited by The Observer

Khorne only brought Khârn back that one time, IIRC. I'd expect Khârn to chop Lucius to bits, then become Lucius. Or maybe Khârn is smarter than we think, and he'd just cut off Lucius' arms and legs, before keeping the torso alive as a trophy.

I thought he was brought back twice during the Heresy??? First he was revived after dying at Istavan and then again during the siege of Terra Edited by Plaguecaster

The rules for 30k amazing mirror the background so I would not just make the mistake of casually knocking it aside .

Lucius does not have 30k rules (yet), and if he is getting any, it's not going to be for a very long time.

Edited by Marshal Loss

When he betrayed his legion on skalathrax by grabbing a flamethrower and torching both the world eaters and emperor's children into action after months of stalemate.  

I really feel though Khârn would win, not sure how the curse of Lucius would work however.  Is it sorcery? If that is the case then it theoretically wouldn't work right?

I just feel that Khârn's brute strength and relentlessness would overpower even a skilled duelist like Lucius, not to mention he gets deadlier in the stories the more he gets injured.  

Edited by MyD4rkPassenger

He was brought back twice in the Heresy and in one of the Khârn novels or audio dramas he was brought back again.

Khorne is not going to let Khârn die just like Slaanesh will keep Lucius around. If those two fought each other one would "die" just to be brought back because their respective god will make it happen.

I'd venture that Lucius would be quick enough to sway aside.....

Oooooof.

I think Lucius would win, but Khârn would be Connor MacLeod from Highlander and just keep getting back up*.

Khârn is shown to actually get beaten a few times (Sigismund, Amit, Devarus?), but his secret is that he never ever ever stays down. Add in some Chaos majiks...

Lucius, on the other hand is technically proficient behind all compare, but his arrogance is his downfall (usually depicted by opponents thinking-outside-the-box). In a straight-up, to-the-death fight I think Lucius would probably have the edge.

Hidden Content

I will point out, every time he did not use the nails in those duels and all his adversaries state that he was not committing fully to the fighting. The pit fighting was more a bond of brotherhood for him rather than actual fights like the other World Eaters in most cases. 

As for Khârn, he put up a massive fight against Abaddon in full chaos mode in the end of The Red Path. That is, before a Bloodthirster comes down and tells them to sort their mess out before he stomps both of them. So if that is anything to go by the Gods can't really do anything apart from physical intervention or after fight revival and it definitely shows the amount of CC Khârn has ranked up over the long centuries. 

Lucius is a master swordsman, but can he really take on Abaddon?

Edited by Warsmith Kroeger

would Khârn enjoy killing him?

Nope - just another skull for the God of skulls

If he takes satisfaction in his craft, that is all it takes

He does not - he strive for 'kill maim burn'

Khorne is stronger than Slaanesh

Indeed. Even if we take lore - Khorne is mentioned as Prime 'evil' and born long before Slaanesh.

I'd venture that Lucius would be quick enough to sway aside.....

Okay, what's up with the swaying aside stuff? I keep seeing it lately.

don't, just don't

Does Khârn enjoy anything?

Crushing his enemies, seeing them driven before him, hearing the lamentation of the women (who aren't Capt. Lotara S).  :smile.:

Does Lotara Sarrin ever cry? Does she smile? :)

tdemayo

It will not work that way. Lucius can't sproute from Khârn body due to the fact that Khârn is protected by Khorne from everything physhic,magic. And Lucius rebirth cycle is 'magic/warp' thing. So Lucius would die for good or he would be reborn in the body of some devoted slaany cultists half a galaxy away.

mhacdebhandia

'He carries a plasma pistol, I guess it's the same thing.' - PLASMA PISTOL IS NOT A FLAMETHROWER - HERETEKS!

Plasma guns cause plasma burns, quod erat demonstrandum.

Lotara Sarrin does smile, but only predatorily.

Hehe. She does indeed :wink:

Again with all the badass women characters in Bowden novels - she sprang from nowhere to the 'badass' level :biggrin.: Who need Primarchs stories - it's better A D-B to write the youth of Lotara :)

Plasma by the default definition in W40K universe is indeed can cause burns. But in general tis immolate full organic tissue, starting from the point of impact. Thus the difference with the flamethrower :)