Forge your own Land Raiders

TheOneTrueZon

Am I misremembering things or wasn't there a heavy flamer variant of a LR before?

Wasn't that the one that had the hull mounted Demolisher cannon? 

That would be the Ares from why back around the time of Appoclips was first introduced... After the Redeemer came out, sub Heavy Flamers for Firestorm Cannons.

Thurman-John-Austin.jpg

Land Raider Ares is back baby!

Again, twin linked heavy flamers DO NOT EXIST ANY MORE.

Actually, it does, it's 34 points in both Index 1 and Imperial Armour Index Forces of the Adeptus Astartes. It's 30 points in Index 2 for what that's worth.

Also Brother Bish had written up some rules in Home Grown Rules ( http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/335298-land-raider-ares-8th-edition-datasheet-updated-8152017/ )

Skitarii Land Raider

Capacity 10 to 12.

Side sponsors either twin phosphor blasters or a neutron laser or Radium version of the Hurricane Bolter.

Forward gun emplacement: Eradication beamer or twin phosphor blasters.

Cult Mecanicus Land Raider

Capacity 10 to 12.

Side and forward emplacement any combination of: plasma culverin or heavy grav cannon or twin phosphor blasters or twin torsion cannons or twin heavy arc rifle

Or with no guns and capacity 20 for the Electro Priests.

*happily dreaming on*

Edited by Trokair

Skitarii Land Raider

Capacity 10 to 12.

Side sponsors either twin phosphor blasters or a neutron laser or Radium version of the Hurricane Bolter.

Forward gun emplacement: Eradication beamer or twin phosphor blasters.

Cult Mecanicus Land Raider

Capacity 10 to 12.

Side and forward emplacement any combination of: plasma culverin or heavy grav cannon or twin phosphor blasters or twin torsion cannons or twin heavy arc rifle

Or with no guns and capacity 20 for the Electro Priests.

*happily dreaming on*

I presume, since Cawl made it possible to vastly increase the Land Raider's rate-of-production, Guilliman (in his capacity as Imperial Regent) was able to rescind the Emperor's order to restrict Land Raider use to the Astartes?

At the very least, we should teach the Primaris Marines to stop being so snobby, they'd refuse to ride in anything but a Repulsor. A simple size restriction should work, e.g., a 10-model transport capacity can only transport eight Primaris Marines.

The epitome of an end game  AA tank. :yes:

IMO it is a very good move from GW, if they make the DVR, as point efficient as they were in the past. People don't buy "normal" LR, because they suck. Then make it yourself rules come, people swarm shops to get their LRs.   After that GW can do what ever they want, intreduce more cost efficient tanks or add DVR for other vehicles.

If this applies to Chaos as well then it's PARTY TIME.

Seriously though, I was in the process of turning my normal Chaos Raider into an Achilles (with the quad-mortar represented by a giant sonic cannon)- now I have more freedom to make it into the sonic nightmare it was always meant to be.

Making our own raiders? Does that mean we can have all variants effectively be standard game legal (as in forgeworld requirement gone!).

Certainly want a plasma blaster land raider though, missile party land raider could be visual fun (Basically, Helios with Typhoon Missile Launchers for sponsons and hull mount). Though I suppose a more interesting question is the idea of creating a true transport land raider. Mainly I wonder about the more esoteric upgrades that could be had and to what extent can a land raider go when we take it and turn it into a main line land ship (Transport space is taken over by a larger main gun like the ares, achilles).

Though this starts to remind me of TSOALR near the end of their run (a loss of the ages).

As much as I would love to think that it will be a "all in converting all you can eat buffet" I am feeling we will get a list of potential weapons we can use and limits on the amount of weapons used, otherwise the amount of game breaking "legal" LR's that will appear will destroy it.

It is going to be a case of "We gave you guys slack in the rope to do as you please, and you hung yourselves"