Forge your own Land Raiders

TheOneTrueZon

Oh dear God-Emperor, please let me use autocannons instead of heavy bolters on a LR. I want sponsons made of this with a turret of this on the front. 

CTDgWSK.jpg?1

My god, twin linked quad auto cannons in all 5 weapon slots a LR has with 0 transport capacity, and the option to overheat [gets hot and +1str -1ap] with G-Mans re-roll bonanza.

Oh dear God-Emperor, please let me use autocannons instead of heavy bolters on a LR. I want sponsons made of this with a turret of this on the front.

CTDgWSK.jpg?1

My god, twin linked quad auto cannons in all 5 weapon slots a LR has with 0 transport capacity, and the option to overheat [gets hot and +1str -1ap] with G-Mans re-roll bonanza.

And when the land raider blows up, it causes 25 mortal wounds to everyone within 18"

After some thought, I'd like to keep my own LR simple and cheap. I like the idea of one with 20-25 model transport capacity and no sponsons or a mini-Spartan, with hull-mounted twin-linked heavy bolters or assault cannons, twin-linked sponson lascannons and 15-20 transport capacity. An invulnerable save would be nice as well.

... or a mini-Spartan, with hull-mounted twin-linked heavy bolters [...], twin-linked sponson lascannons and 15-20 transport capacity.

So you want a standard LR weapon loadout, but twice the transport capacity? I don't really think it will work that way. There is probably some tradeoff that needs to be done in addition to points cost adjustments.

Twin heavy bolter sponsons and two twin heavy bolters mounted on the hull. The assault ramp would also be permanently open with two Imperial Fists carrying heavy bolters shooting out. On top of it all it comes with a special rule allowing the hellfire round stratagem to affect all heavy bolters for the price of one. More realistically I'd like one kitted out for assault. A cheaper price and little to no weapons but frag launchers to allow a massive transport capacity. Because of its size all it would do is rush at the enemy and after getting caught in assault and maybe suffering a scratch to its paint it can unload a horde of unscathed crusaders into the unsuspecting attackers.

Land Raider with Frag Launchers all over, a massive centurion siege drill in the front instead of an Assault ramp, and massive chain-blades on both sides... Land Raider Eviscerator, has WS+3 in melee and deals mortal wounds in melee.

Land Raider with Laser Destroyer side sponson weapons, and a hull mounted conversion beamer, no transport capacity... Land Raider Destoroyah!

Land Raider with Cyclone Missile Launchers as main hull weapon and twin-linked Missile Launchers for side sponson, no transport capacity... Land Raider WOOOOSH!

Land Raider with Twin-linked Plasma Cannons as side sponson and hull mounted twin-linked Multimelta... transport capacity of 5... Land Raider Illuminator...

For GK... Land Raider with Twin-Linked Psycannons as main hull weapon, side sponson Gatling Psilencer... transport capacity 10...  Land Raider Excommunicator

I'd love to have one with an extra large Exorcist's pipe organ/missile launcher on the back, an Immolater turret cupola where the heavy bolters go, two Inferno cannon sponsors, and seating for 6.  :biggrin.:

Hrm...lets see, what Chapter of Marines can my Order con...err, accuse of heresy, in order to steal one...err, reclaim one as a holy relic?  Maybe the Blood Ravens, the serial numbers would already be filed off.  :wink: