Crazy ideas for our codex (whishlistin´& conspiracies)

Are Verlo

When you think about fluff descriptions, and depictions in games like Dawn of War or Space Marine, Jump Pack units should be able to charge from like 18” out AND force successful Overwatch attempts to be re-rolled. Suddenly they are not the red headed stepchild of warhead anymore.

Jump Packs should also have an impact ability like the Carnifex ram one or the Primaris Inceptor one if we go with the DoW example of them. :tongue.:

Oh you mean something to reflect hammering into your foe in the wrath of battle?

We could call it, for example, The Wrathful Hammer! Or maybe "Hammer of Wrath".

:-D

When you think about fluff descriptions, and depictions in games like Dawn of War or Space Marine, Jump Pack units should be able to charge from like 18” out AND force successful Overwatch attempts to be re-rolled. Suddenly they are not the red headed stepchild of warhead anymore.

Jump Packs should also have an impact ability like the Carnifex ram one or the Primaris Inceptor one if we go with the DoW example of them. :tongue.:

Oh you mean something to reflect hammering into your foe in the wrath of battle?

We could call it, for example, The Wrathful Hammer! Or maybe "Hammer of Wrath".

:-D

Yeah but that would be too lame. Nobody would buy a name like this. :D

To me assault doesn't necessarily have to mean get into melee. They're kind of like sappers to me, or assault troops from WW II that bring forward special weapons, explosives, etc. I find the fact that they're armed with melee weapons a boon as they work so close to enemy targets. With melta bombs and melta guns they've packed quite the punch for me. I think an interesting stratagem would involve the ability to double tap special weapons or something, not too over the top considering they're only 2 special weapon models.

Anyway I love my assault squads!

Why should that only work for assault squads? Our company veterans could use that as well. And why only special weapons? Boltguns shooting twice would also be nice.

To me assault doesn't necessarily have to mean get into melee. They're kind of like sappers to me, or assault troops from WW II that bring forward special weapons, explosives, etc. I find the fact that they're armed with melee weapons a boon as they work so close to enemy targets. With melta bombs and melta guns they've packed quite the punch for me. I think an interesting stratagem would involve the ability to double tap special weapons or something, not too over the top considering they're only 2 special weapon models.

Anyway I love my assault squads!

Why should that only work for assault squads? Our company veterans could use that as well. And why only special weapons? Boltguns shooting twice would also be nice.

I wouldn't be opposed to that!

I'd like to see all Flesh Tearers come with a Chainsword for free. All units... Devastators - free chainsword strapped to their waste. Tacticals the same. Sterngaurd, Vanguard, Scouts, etc. That's one extra strength 4 attack across the army regardless of whether you charge or were charged. Why chainswords? Because they're flesh tearers. Easy to do, and not OP. Would be fluffy, and would make even the most basic units a little more choppy. Edited by SM1981

I'd like to see all Flesh Tearers come with a Chainsword for free. All units... Devastators - free chainsword strapped to their waste. Tacticals the same. Sterngaurd, Vanguard, Scouts, etc. That's one extra strength 4 attack across the army regardless of whether you charge or were charged. Why chainswords? Because they're flesh tearers. Easy to do, and not OP. Would be fluffy, and would make even the most basic units a little more choppy.

Also, I'd finally have a place to use all those Mk III chainswords in scabbards from Burning of Prospero. lol

I'd like to see all Flesh Tearers come with a Chainsword for free. All units... Devastators - free chainsword strapped to their waste. Tacticals the same. Sterngaurd, Vanguard, Scouts, etc. That's one extra strength 4 attack across the army regardless of whether you charge or were charged. Why chainswords? Because they're flesh tearers. Easy to do, and not OP. Would be fluffy, and would make even the most basic units a little more choppy.

Considering that not even Chaos Marines get their free chainsword anymore....rather unlikely I'd say. ^^

Something I saw in the FB BA forum was if our tactic was re-roll 1s to wound in combat. I thought that was a nifty idea.

Doubtful, as we have no less than 2 characters that currently do that.

...although there is some precedence for Codexes altering the rules a bit. The Sang Ancient could become +1 To Wound instead or something

Or GW simply giving redundant rules. T'au for example have re-roll of 1s when hitting a single Markerlight, have a re-roll of 1s aura on the Ethereal when the units don't move and have a re-roll of 1s support system for battlesuits if all of a models weapons shoot at the same target.

Or a recent BA example...gaining Red Thirst twice.

Never underestimate how derpy GW ruleswriter can be. ^^

Or GW simply giving redundant rules. T'au for example have re-roll of 1s when hitting a single Markerlight, have a re-roll of 1s aura on the Ethereal when the units don't move and have a re-roll of 1s support system for battlesuits if all of a models weapons shoot at the same target.

Was trying to purge that memory

Was trying to purge that memory

Denied. :P

Yes, but in true naming convention, we could not call it the Stormwolf (see my other post about the "Who is this character?" thread about naming BA characters)

But what would we call it?  It has to have the word "Blood" in it (just like the stormwolf had to have the word "wolf" in it.)

It's a ship...a vessel, if you will, for carrying Blood Angels.

I GOT IT!

It would be called the "Blood Vessel"  (hehe, get it?  It's a pun...a play on words...I might even go so far as to say it's the BEST PUN EVER!)

Honestly, I think they need to change a few things. Death Company should have 5+ FNP, or 6+ FNP but when they die they get to make a shooting attack or melee attack. They need to be able to keep bolter & chainsword and should remain the same points cost as they are now or maybe drop one point per model.

As far as special rules go we will have an ability to charge and assault like renegade chapters, our specific traits will revolve around dueling and close combat, our stratagems will provide us with a first turn charge bonus from jump pack units. 

Possible Stratagem

Decent of Angels: Blood Angels units that arrive via jump pack can add 3" to their charge rolls on the turn that they arrived. 

Possible Trait

Visions of the Past: Death Company models within 6" of this model gain +1 attack and +1 to their FNP roll 

It’s possible one of our melee units become Not-Khorne Berzerkers. Sad that without risky penalty for falling back the only way to make a unit great in the fight phase is a blanket “fights twice” special rule. Seems ridiculous regardless of how berserk someone is that they would be able to attack 8 times in the time it takes a Tac marine to attack once lol. Death Company Khorne Berzerkers are a real possibility in my opinion.

It’s actually quite hard to accurately speculate on what our book may entail (hence so much of the nailbiting). i think it’s safe to say somewhere between GK and DG (oh gee that’s real helpful...).

I think its fair to say we should be getting Stormtalons/Stormhawks at the very least. Are you listening, GW?!

And my bet for the name of a BA-exclusive flyer would Stormangel. Predictable and unimaginative, but kinda works.

It’s actually quite hard to accurately speculate on what our book may entail (hence so much of the nailbiting). i think it’s safe to say somewhere between GK and DG (oh gee that’s real helpful...).

I think its fair to say we should be getting Stormtalons/Stormhawks at the very least. Are you listening, GW?!

And my bet for the name of a BA-exclusive flyer would Stormangel. Predictable and unimaginative, but kinda works.

Nah, broh.  I'm telling you, Blood Vessel is where it's at.

The Jugular would also work well.