Crazy ideas for our codex (whishlistin´& conspiracies)

Are Verlo

I like devastators. I’m in what’s probably a minority of people who think the blue helmets with red armour look great. I will continue to use them, but I recognize other marine chapters do shooting better and they are meant to be a support to the main force rather than the cornerstone of a force like they can be with other marine armies.

Exactly. If you don’t like melee to some extent the book you actually meant to buy came out in July...

No need to be snappy. I own C:SM and I don't plan on telling GW to hinder your enjoyment of the army. You have to consider that there are other players though who prefer BA for other reasons other than melee.

My preferred method of playing my Blood Angels is very much having a core of normal codex units supporting a small number of (hopefully) very deadly unique BA assault units. I am really hoping that the tactics and strategems we get support both styles of play to some extent; regardless of how good the new book may be I do not see pure assault armies as being viable in 8th. Balance is key.

Exactly. If you don’t like melee to some extent the book you actually meant to buy came out in July...

No need to be snappy. I own C:SM and I don't plan on telling GW to hinder your enjoyment of the army. You have to consider that there are other players though who prefer BA for other reasons other than melee.

It's definitely a mix just like all marines, some favor CQC others ranged weapon of choice.

Frater Cornelius, there was no snappiness involved. I don’t play BA for melee, so I would say I take that into consideration every time I build a list, but I also know the lore and previous editions well enough to say playing BA while minimizing melee elements is playing against their strengths. BA can’t be all things to all people any more than World Eaters can be. I understand that minimizing your melee component with BA plays against what your strengths are meant to be, and what GW clearly thinks BA are meant to excel at. Edited by Bremon

Well a melee bonus wouldn't stop you from playing the shooty marines the way you did before. Not sure why a movement bonus would be more appreciated than a melee bonus for that reason. Especially since the last rumoured movement bonus was for advancing and charging...neither something you'd want to do with your shooty units normally. :huh.:

Frater Cornelius, there was no snappiness involved. I don’t play BA for melee, so I would say I take that into consideration every time I build a list, but I also know the lore and previous editions well enough to say playing BA while minimizing melee elements is playing against their strengths. BA can’t be all things to all people any more than World Eaters can be. I understand that minimizing your melee component with BA plays against what your strengths are meant to be, and what GW clearly thinks BA are meant to excel at.

It's all good. I know that melee is part of BA identity. However, it would still be nice to see a CT that helps melee just as much as ranged units and still remain true to the fluff. Speed bonuses come to mind or being able to shoot RF weapons as Assault weapos as well as charge after running. This website is called Bolter and Chainsword for a reason. Sometimes I am all about that Bolter :D

My preferred method of playing my Blood Angels is very much having a core of normal codex units supporting a small number of (hopefully) very deadly unique BA assault units. I am really hoping that the tactics and strategems we get support both styles of play to some extent; regardless of how good the new book may be I do not see pure assault armies as being viable in 8th. Balance is key.

I must post something positive in this thread. And so I agree, and hope that whatever bonuses we get will allow us to field more tacticals and assault squads and less death company and sanguinary guard. lets have it so that BA armies can be flexible and fun and not be obliged to play a certain unit because its the only thing good in the codex.

It's all good. I know that melee is part of BA identity. However, it would still be nice to see a CT that helps melee just as much as ranged units and still remain true to the fluff. Speed bonuses come to mind or being able to shoot RF weapons as Assault weapos as well as charge after running. This website is called Bolter and Chainsword for a reason. Sometimes I am all about that Bolter :D

That actually sounds pretty good; let’s you advance and fire while trying to close the gap to rapid fire range.

Striking first is actually pretty bad with how the fight phase works. Unless it's the second round of fighting or the opponent charged with more than one unit it won't come to play even. :D

Please elaborate. I don't understand that claim. Striking first is beneficial in the first round as well as it decreases the opponents attacks (if you remove models).

If you charge, you already get the rule, so it only matters if your opponent is someone with a similar rule (which is very rare, since I think just slaanesh units and Emperors Children are only people with it) and then it reverts to back and forth.

So it only comes up if your guys get charged, or your still in combat during the next turn.

Getting charged still sucks, since your opponent still gets to pick a unit to fight first since it's their turn, and almost any opponent will disengage rather than stay in combat on the second round.

In short, *always strikes first* is a great rule for units that would rather be shooting, but can melee if they have too (noise marines), and it's really bad if your playing aggressive and actually charging stuff (most blood angel units).

Looking at the top 2 armies From warzone Atlanta. I doubt there is literally anything they can give BA to compete on those levels.

That Guard army is nasty. And Chaos Soup with not one but both primarchs looking across from you just doesn't sound like much fun to play against.

My good friend placed just outside of 30th place out of 112 people. And he played Eldar.

I believe we will be absolutely fine in basement games as well as locals, but premier events we are probably going to stay tier 2 or lower for another edition.

Looking at the top 2 armies From warzone Atlanta. I doubt there is literally anything they can give BA to compete on those levels.

That Guard army is nasty. And Chaos Soup with not one but both primarchs looking across from you just doesn't sound like much fun to play against.

My good friend placed just outside of 30th place out of 112 people. And he played Eldar.

I believe we will be absolutely fine in basement games as well as locals, but premier events we are probably going to stay tier 2 or lower for another edition.

I fear this as well. In fact I think it will turn out to be true of most Space Marine armies in general.

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

Guilliman is the ticket to the top. Beyond that, Marines do not stand a chance. But this is also because of the way 8ed is designed. Marines are an elite army that lacks staying power and reliability. But we may be in for a surprise. Nids and Guard always were bottom, now they look decent. Maybe BA will get something fun ;)

Guilliman is the ticket to the top. Beyond that, Marines do not stand a chance. But this is also because of the way 8ed is designed. Marines are an elite army that lacks staying power and reliability. But we may be in for a surprise. Nids and Guard always were bottom, now they look decent. Maybe BA will get something fun ;)

There were a lot of imperial soup armies, but Chaos and Guard had the best showings from the looks of things with RG + not doing terrible, but not the best either.

I stated this in N&R, but my ultimate hope for C: BA is a "Successor" army rule similar to the Chapter Tactics from C: SM, but instead of just being an overarching bonus for BA in general (like +1 S on the charge), there will be specific benefits/detriments for the various BA successors, perhaps in addition to the base Chapter bonus.  These would help to emphasize the individual character of the successors, such as the secretive nature of the Angels Sanguine or the arrogance of the Angels Encarmine.

I stated this in N&R, but my ultimate hope for C: BA is a "Successor" army rule similar to the Chapter Tactics from C: SM, but instead of just being an overarching bonus for BA in general (like +1 S on the charge), there will be specific benefits/detriments for the various BA successors, perhaps in addition to the base Chapter bonus.  These would help to emphasize the individual character of the successors, such as the secretive nature of the Angels Sanguine or the arrogance of the Angels Encarmine.

I agree, successor rules would be awesome. I am, however, totally against any type of detriment reflected in those rules. Marines in general are already at a disadvantage so why add any sort of detriment?

Anyway, I agree that being able to craft my own successor with a list of cool abilities would be great. Hope we see that.

All I want is for them to give us a "niche" strategy that is actually competitive. So far, all armies seem to have a way of competing at the highest levels of the game with alternative strategies aimed at being fluffy and casual which is great.

I personally hope they make our "niche" alpha striking via deep striking jump infantry. Something akin to:

"Descent of Angels" - Blood Angels infantry with jump packs may be set up from reserve more than 7 inches away from enemy models.

This gives us a significantly better chance to make charges from deep strike reserve and still doesn't put meltas in half range (which would be too powerful).

A rule like this would certainly be competitive and give us a fluffy niche. In the current state of the game at the competitive level this is certainly not broken.

I also suspect that the "Wings of Sanguinius" psychic power will be making a return. I for one am hoping it is a copy of the Heretic power "Warp time". This would allow some of our powerful melee units to make a significant impact in the game before they get shot off the table.

There is certainly potential for us.....We have to play to our strengths and not try to increasingly push ourselves to being the "jack of all trades".