Crazy ideas for our codex (whishlistin´& conspiracies)

Are Verlo

Cynicism is spreading among the few BA players we have at our local GW store. I guess no one is expected to threated well there :/

Anyway, if it was up to me, I'd move the Sanguinor to the LoW slot, imbue with with ultra faith powers and make him Sanguinius reborn though his psychic essence and the suffering of his sons or something. Then he takes Ka'bandha and slap him back where he came from.

Cynicism is spreading among the few BA players we have at our local GW store. I guess no one is expected to threated well there :/

It's because we've pretty much been +S on the charge since ever and combat sucks.

Not to mention our joke of a decurion at the end of 7th (who wants two instances of the rest thirst I buff that don't stack kiddos!?)!

It's because we've pretty much been +S on the charge since ever and combat sucks.

Not to mention our joke of a decurion at the end of 7th (who wants two instances of the rest thirst I buff that don't stack kiddos!?)!

The current estimate is +1Ld on the turn a BA unit charges, until end of turn... :biggrin.:

On a more serious note, consider that GW has been recycling army rules since C:SM. Stand-alone factions even got two rules mixed into one, like DG. What of the currently existing rules would BA get? Probably re-rolling 1s in combat and ignoring wounds on a 6+. Or re-rolling 1s and re-rolling charges. Or attacking after fleeing. Or any combination of those. I just wish they won't shoehorn BA into a pure melee rule. SW do that better. Make them more flexible Oo

Edited by Frater Cornelius

The current estimate is +1Ld on the turn a BA unit charges, until end of turn... :D

On a more serious note, consider that GW has been recycling army rules since C:SM. Stand-alone factions even got two rules mixed into one, like DG. What of the currently existing rules would BA get? Probably re-rolling 1s in combat and ignoring wounds on a 6+. Or re-rolling 1s and re-rolling charges. Or attacking after fleeing. Or any combination of those. I just wish they won't shoehorn BA into a pure melee rule. SW do that better. Make them more flexible Oo

That’s an interesting perspective, I see it in reverse. In my mind Blood Angels should me the best Marine melee armie and Space Wolves should be more flexible. With the qualifier that both armies are Space Marines and should have a decent amount of flexibility.

The problem is we are tied to the Codex and the wolves are not. This has made it a lot easier for GW to develop the wolves melee side. I also think the wolves have a solid fan base in GW and we do not. I think the wolves popularity plus their non codex nature makes them the most desirable SM armie to work on. Unfortunately this has an impact on us as we’re both flexible Marine armies with a melee focus. I think the Wolves get priority with rules and a lot of love, whilst we get a codex because they can sell a lot of copies.

Having said that I’m more hopeful than I’ve been in a long time, 8th has been good so far and the Dante novel was a breath of fresh air, it focused on areas of our background that have needed focusing on in years.

I want GW to move us further from codex marines, not to the wolves level but I’d like more freedom for the designers to give us a real and effective melee edge. I think they have to move us further from Codex marines in order to make Melee effective.

That’s a very nice post pandion40 and exactly how I feel about the two armies.

I think a key factor in it as well is that space wolves have a viable way of making their close combat units better than marines via thunder wolves and wulfen which for all the fluff of our death company and sanguinary guard are still just marines.

But please Gw don’t ever let our blood angels ride on Giant bats or a space gondalia pulled by said bats.

Edited by Silverson

In fluff, BobbyG ends up saying the codex was to be updated. There is even proof that he intends to bring back legion strength armies. I would imagine that after the terrible losses, he decreed that BA can grow back to legion strength if able and also allow more free reign on combat doctrine. Maybe GW can follow suit and perhaps give us a taste of the shock and awe aspect alluded to by Forgeworld.

So maybe give assault units a bigger play or role in the army and add benefits to deepstriking/jump pack units. There are enough historical reference now to really do some unique things for deep strikers to signify that you really don't want these guys dropping on you.

The whole devastation of Baal could very easily be used as a way to divorce us from the Codex constraint.

If that happens, though, it's likely we'll also see a heavy reliance on, and integration with, Primaris units. (And I don't really want that).

I wouldn't mind that if BA got some new Primaris that are really good in melee. 

The whole devastation of Baal could very easily be used as a way to divorce us from the Codex constraint.

If that happens, though, it's likely we'll also see a heavy reliance on, and integration with, Primaris units. (And I don't really want that).

I wouldn't mind that if BA got some new Primaris that are really good in melee. 

Yeah, the problem for me is mixing primaris and originals doesn't look right to me (visually, on the tabletop).

I tried it with my Raven Guard and just couldn't accept it.  My blood angels, being my original army, will all stay mini-Marines. I'm REALLY hoping the army doesn't ONLY work by integrating primaris stuff.

It's not that I don't like Primaris Marines. I love them. But if I were to use them, I'd do a whole other Chapter/army as Primaris. I just can't mix mah scales, bruh.

What’s wrong with a Blood Gondalia pulled by Blood bats with some blood cannons and a blood shield, I actually feel a little dirty writing that.

Any way whilst Baal has cool animals like the fire scorpion beasties really don’t fit into a Blood Angels army at all. I like giant wolves in a Space Wolf army though, but i do find making them cavelry mounts for Space marines comical. Can’t help giggling every time I see them.

I do think the death company should be at least on a par with the wolfen though, their not just crazy marines. They get a little of sanguinius power. But I agree the ability of the designers to create things like thunderwolf cavalry is hard for a mostly codex army like BA to match. GW needs to think outside the box with our codex but not so far outside that they consider abominations like blood bats.

I’d like to see the first founding and some of the more famous later chapters allowed to recruit up to 10,000 Marines. The rest could stay at 1000. I think that would be a good compromise between preventing an another Heresy and increasing the imperiums effectiveness.

I agree that the devastation of Baal events would be an ideal excuse to make some changes to the BA. The warp rift and us being on the other side of the now split imperium would be another good reason.

I’m with your perspective pandion40. BA have traditionally been the melee army of the Imperium. Black Templars are close, but do it much differently. Space Wolves were the “anti-marine” marines. Hence why their Tacticals (Grey Hunters) could take so much plasma and they all got chainswords: they are literally designed to outclass every other Tactical...but by shooting the stabby ones (us) and stabbing the shooty ones (pretty much everyone else). We need to get our punch back to respectable and fear-inducing levels.