• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally got round to giving the Lieutenant a proper base:

gallery_45765_11678_525166.png

Hidden Content

gallery_45765_11678_4417.png

gallery_45765_11678_820043.png

This chap is now being auctioned off to collect funds for the B&C (link in sig if you're interested).

Thanks for looking! :tu:

A neat halved scheme is always a site to behold, the crest and axe blade are obvious visual highlights here.

That looks excellent!

Beautiful work.

Thank you, folks! :thumbsup:

Loving that regal blue colour, the purple on the eye lens and orange weathering powder really complement the colour palate. Great work.

Where are your iron hands?

Cadmus

Thanks!

The Iron Hands unfortunately won't be happening. The rules are too clunky and the overall costs for such an army would be too high.

With no thanks to The Observer, I've rebooted my Crimson Guard project. The current state of the infantry:

gallery_45765_11678_840412.png

Tactical Squad with some plasma in the top left corner, Tactical Squad with melta in the top right, Lieutenant just off-centre, and last but not least a Librarian in the bottom right corner.

I'll also be working on a Rhino (already painted, just needs some touch-ups), a Razorback (unassembled), and a Scout Squad with shotguns (unassembled) to get an 650-point army list that I'll use against a mate of mine at the end of the month.

Thanks for looking! :thumbsup:

The Iron Hands unfortunately won't be happening. The rules are too clunky and the overall costs for such an army would be too high.

That’s a shame mate, I think a lot of people hold your opinion quite justifiably. Unfortunately the rules for 8th, whilst stream lining the game, have not effectively dealt with the army build issues from seventh. Such a shame that 8th seems to have split the Heresy community in the way it has. It seems the Heresy train may have brakes after all....

Anyway, don’t want to load your blog down with my musings, keep up the good work brother, I’m looking forward to more!

Cadmus

A neat halved scheme is always a site to behold, the crest and axe blade are obvious visual highlights here.

That looks excellent!

Beautiful work.

Thank you, folks! :thumbsup:

Loving that regal blue colour, the purple on the eye lens and orange weathering powder really complement the colour palate. Great work.

Where are your iron hands?

Cadmus

Thanks!

With no thanks to The Observer, I've rebooted my Crimson Guard project. The current state of the infantry:

gallery_45765_11678_840412.png

Tactical Squad with some plasma in the top left corner, Tactical Squad with melta in the top right, Lieutenant just off-centre, and last but not least a Librarian in the bottom right corner.

I'll also be working on a Rhino (already painted, just needs some touch-ups), a Razorback (unassembled), and a Scout Squad with shotguns (unassembled) to get an 650-point army list that I'll use against a mate of mine at the end of the month.

Thanks for looking! :thumbsup:

:cuss yes! Love seeing your models Dos. Still upset I didn't win the bid on the LT. :teehee:

Cadmus: Definitely a shame but perhaps the Heresy's fortunes will change in the near future. :) In any case, thanks for the kind words!

Vazzy: Cheers, mate. :tu:

Vairocanum: Thank you! I'll be sure to post pics of the Rhino soon.

Archived